U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Did you lose your HC?
Yes 13 18.31%
No 54 76.06%
I never had HC 4 5.63%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-27-2014, 09:02 AM
 
Location: NYC
1,839 posts, read 1,704,272 times
Reputation: 1280

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The difference between my cancelled plan and the bronze level plan is minimal. Some people want catastrophic plans. Those were taken away.
There's a reason why your old plan didn't meet federal law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-27-2014, 09:03 AM
 
1,731 posts, read 1,166,907 times
Reputation: 760
Obama Announces Hold on Tax Refund Check If Not Enrolled in Obamacare...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2014, 09:04 AM
 
Location: San Diego, CA
10,582 posts, read 8,285,218 times
Reputation: 4158
Quote:
Originally Posted by abnheel View Post
Eventually even the sheep will realize what is going on.
That's what they said about the USSR. Yet that country remained under a destructive, debilitating socialist system for 70 YEARS.

Lord, please help the United States to see the light and change course sooner than that.

Quote:
There is no possible way to ignore it
The USSR found a way.

Quote:
and if they have a semblance of individual thought in their heads,
Socialist systems specialize in diverting, stifling, and destroying individual thought.

Waiting for the people under socialism, to get rid of it on their own, can be a very long wait.

A lesson from history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2014, 09:04 AM
 
Location: Florida
63,075 posts, read 34,350,819 times
Reputation: 10474
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Yes that is true. To have the same coverage I enjoyed my premiums tripled and my deductibles quadrupled.
I don't care what you claim you pay, or don't pay. The claim I replied to was that someone is paying 30-50% more for MY coverage, which is not true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2014, 09:04 AM
 
34,303 posts, read 18,587,637 times
Reputation: 7584
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
There's a reason why your old plan didn't meet federal law.
What if that is all they wanted, or felt they need?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2014, 09:06 AM
 
9,595 posts, read 5,806,602 times
Reputation: 9693
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yes, they do.
I'm wondering how many people lost their health insurance coverage due to the ACA vs how many people gained coverage due to Obamacare. From what I have seen thus far, more have lost then have gained.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2014, 09:07 AM
 
24,027 posts, read 11,941,601 times
Reputation: 10214
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I'm wondering how many people lost their health insurance coverage due to the ACA vs how many people gained coverage due to Obamacare. From what I have seen thus far, more have lost then have gained.
Correct, ACA took a problem that didn't exist and fixed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2014, 09:08 AM
 
10,929 posts, read 6,108,310 times
Reputation: 5910
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I'm wondering how many people lost their health insurance coverage due to the ACA vs how many people gained coverage due to Obamacare. From what I have seen thus far, more have lost then have gained.
Perhaps you can back that claim up with something a bit more credible than "from what I have seen"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2014, 09:09 AM
 
9,595 posts, read 5,806,602 times
Reputation: 9693
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
There's a reason why your old plan didn't meet federal law.
Yeah, it was catastrophic coverage. It didn't cover things like a yearly physical, maternity or contraception. I don't need any of those things because I pay for my doctor visits out of pocket and I prefer it that way. I needed a catastrophic plan. That worked for me and my family. The new law took that option away and gave me things that I do not need and in the process made the new plans unaffordable and out of reach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2014, 09:09 AM
 
Location: Florida
63,075 posts, read 34,350,819 times
Reputation: 10474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
That's what they said about the USSR.
USSR didn't become communist because of healthcare. Likewise a lot of countries have had all kinds of HC systems, but they did not become USSR, and nor are they becoming like them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top