U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 07:19 AM

4,797 posts, read 4,236,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
So let me ask you, we imposed these stricter mercury standards which is going to drive up the cost of doing business in the US for the benefit and I quote:

Is that progress or are we going backwards by lowering the standard living?
You ought to include exactly how much it would drive up the cost of business if you're going to assert it would be such a problem. And .002 is an average, you'd suppose some people would save none while some would save 10+ IQ points (those most exposed to mercury contamination). Are a few hundred/thousand kids worth sacrificing to save businesses money?

I do agree that these kinds of statistics matter. You're just not thinking them through.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 07:43 AM

13,624 posts, read 11,054,501 times
well the good news is we don't have to worry about china taking us over.. they will all be retarded in a few more decades...

Old 03-28-2014, 08:06 AM

26,719 posts, read 11,205,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am a Liberal and I do not believe the incidence of autism, idiocy and just plain stupid has actually increased over the generations. I think we are just paying more attention as the education industry and commercial interests require ever more people in their institutions and workplaces that the latter do not have to educate. There is also the factor of embarrassment associated with having a stupid uncaring sociopath in your family. I mean just what will the neighbors think?
Some of the things you're probably correct about. But autism, where were they hiding these kids when I was growing up.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:08 AM

26,719 posts, read 11,205,600 times
Quote:
I think this has more to do with parents taking the easy way and opting to medicate them instead of parenting them. Junior gets babied the first few years of his life with no discipline and given everything he wants. Then they are surprised he has issues when he has go out into the world without Mommy and Daddy to give him everything.
Yep treating symptoms instead of the cause.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:51 AM

17,086 posts, read 9,856,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I know how to shut this study down. Birth Control is a poison and it is in our water with all the women taking it. Girls are maturing faster and I don't know what it is doing to boys---making them more female?

Now watch how this study comes to a screeching stop. LOL No one can touch our sacred BC pills.
That would be a war on women.
BC might something to do with it, but it's more likely the estrogenic effects of environmental plastics. Recent research is revealing that even BPA-free plastics are a problem, in some cases moreso than the BPA they replaced. I am very concerned about the use of plastic packaging in our food supply. My kitchen is plastic-free, but unfortunately that's only the tip of the iceberg.

Last edited by randomparent; 03-28-2014 at 10:03 AM.. Reason: Typo

Old 03-28-2014, 09:44 AM

9,088 posts, read 5,607,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I know how to shut this study down. Birth Control is a poison and it is in our water with all the women taking it. Girls are maturing faster and I don't know what it is doing to boys---making them more female?

Now watch how this study comes to a screeching stop. LOL No one can touch our sacred BC pills.
That would be a war on women.
The estrogenic affect of babies being fed soy based formulas (for the many who have dairy allergies) is equivalent to feeding them 5 birth control pills everyday!!! Yet these products are on the shelf ... no warning, and are used by many. Soy isn't even safe for adults, but for children, the effects can be devastating.

Fluoride in the water, tooth paste and other sources reduces IQ ... not to mention other deleterious effects.

Neurotoxins contained in vaccines are probably the most culpable source causing the most harm, though by far not the only source. And neurotoxins bioaccululate, so each source exposure adds to the overall exposure. But environmental exposure to these toxins are at least processed through the digestive system, whereas injected forms bypass that, leading to more likely passage through the blood brain barrier, where it can inflict the greatest and most noticeable harm to the brain.

The great fraud being perpetrated here does not require one to be a chemist, microbiologist, or any type of professional to understand ... you simply need a couple of working brain cells, and a bit of common sense ... both of which are becoming more rare as each day passes, because few people care to actually think for themselves, and prefer to believe what the "experts" tell them to believe. This of course assumes that these experts are being honest ... but the dishonesty is OBVIOUS.

Good old fashioned common sense is all one needs. Because heavy metals, and other neurotoxins bio accumulate ... meaning that they build up over time as one continues to be exposed ... the mere suggestion that there is a "safe level" of exposure, such that the lying rat finks at the FDA, EPA, CDC continue to claim is a blatant fraud at face value.

The most obvious point .... because there is no way to measure an individual's exposure over time, there can be no safe level stipulated since that would assume a one time exposure. This is even easier to grasp when discussing levels of fluoride added to drinking water! Each person's body clears toxins at different rates, based on several variables to include body weight, and the efficiency of their bile system. Then, you have variable amounts of intake ... not everyone drinks the same amounts of water! So how on earth can any honest person claim a safe level of fluoride is in an 8 oz glass, when one person might drink 10 glasses, and another might drink only 4? How can it be safe for an adult of 180 lbs if they drink 24 oz of fluoridated water, while a child of 65 lbs drinks 32 oz? And this is just a single source!!! There is no way to account for the actual amount of exposure from all other sources.

The fraud in such claims as safe levels of nuerotoxins is so obvious, there really is no excuse for anyone to be fooled by this. This is 2+2 level logic ... not the least bit complex.

Given that my post mentioned the word "vaccine" .. it won't take long for the stalwert gate keepers to swoop in spewing their propaganda and lies. You can set your watch to it, and you can also bet on the thread being abruptly closed, as every other thread that casts any type of scrutiny on vaccines is treated. That you can take to the bank.

Old 03-28-2014, 10:06 AM

39,450 posts, read 40,762,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post

I do agree that these kinds of statistics matter. You're just not thinking them through.
I've researched the topic, have you?

Quote:
Fact Sheet - Final Rule | Clean Air Mercury Rule | US EPA

EPA has conducted extensive analyses on mercury emissions from coal-fired power plants and subsequent regional patterns of deposition to U.S. waters. Those analyses conclude that regional transport of mercury emission from coal-fired power plants in the U.S. is responsible for very little of the mercury in U.S. waters. That small contribution will be significantly reduced after EPA’s Clean Air Interstate Rule and Clean Air Mercury Rule are implemented.

Old 03-28-2014, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am a Liberal and I do not believe the incidence of autism, idiocy and just plain stupid has actually increased over the generations. I think we are just paying more attention as the education industry and commercial interests require ever more people in their institutions and workplaces that the latter do not have to educate. There is also the factor of embarrassment associated with having a stupid uncaring sociopath in your family. I mean just what will the neighbors think?
Your casual and uninformed dismissing of this epidemic is shameful, and as a person with first hand experience with a child strickened with autism, and diagnosed as such, and subsequently "cured" and his health and mental function fully restored, no thanks to mainstream medical dogma that did nothing to help him, I find grossly offensive.

It is this very attitude that assists in the criminal coverup of this egregious assault on innocent children to whom every single one of us, bar no one, has a moral obligation to protect from harm. The continued coverup not only guarantees more and more children will continue to be harmed, but also those currently suffering will continue to suffer as effective treatment is withheld, in order to maintain the coverup.

The affected children have had their lives stolen from them, and the withholding of cause and effective cures denied them is an injustice unmatched by any other evil, greedy deed that I am aware of.

Thankfully, the genie is out of the bottle, and cannot be put back in, no matter yours or anyone else's parroting of propaganda and diversion. More and more, the information is getting out, and vast networks of caring, decent human beings are working tirelessly to inform the uninformed sufferers that there are effective treatments, and warning of the cause of this dastardly act harming our most vulnerable.

Now you may have no malevolent intent ... I cannot read minds or hearts ... but the bottom line is, whatever the cause of this epidemic, any effort to dismiss it as a legitimate problem delays effective measures to deal with it. You have an obligation to become better informed, or remain in silent ignorance, and avoid misleading others.

Old 03-28-2014, 10:47 AM

Quote:
I think this has more to do with parents taking the easy way and opting to medicate them instead of parenting them. Junior gets babied the first few years of his life with no discipline and given everything he wants. Then they are surprised he has issues when he has go out into the world without Mommy and Daddy to give him everything.
First off, the mere suggestion that there is some cost-benefit analysis that should be considered in terms of brain damaged children versus electricity rates is rather sociopathic in nature. But it's a false argument which is just another means of diverting and dividing attention to the overall problem.

Energy costs are a product mainly of arbitrary assignment of the costs of oil, and the record breaking profits that oil and energy companies have enjoyed. Add to this the arbitrary and fraudulent cost increases imposed by the global warming, CO2 con job, simply exposes the fraud that much more. We can certainly afford to reduce CO2 emissions which cause no real harm at all, but god forbid we have to absorb the cost of reducing a harmful emission!

Aside that, we continue to deliberately dump toxic waste into the drinking water, laden with heavy metals, claiming health benefits, and then proceed to argue other points. But since nuerotoxins are, as the name suggests, toxic to neurons, we obviously should not be adding them deliberately in one instance, while arguing about the unintentional addition in another instance. That's absurd logic failure.

While inappropriately measuring electric costs to brain damage is itself a sign of brain damage, we conversely argue dental health necessitates the inclusion of a brain damaging substance to facilitate a pearly white smile can somehow rationally be placed as a greater priority ahead of mental health.

Fact is, the entire course of debate is indicative of severe mental impairment.

Old 03-28-2014, 11:00 AM

11,638 posts, read 5,926,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamencoFreak View Post
Why does everything have to come down to big bad corporations with liberals? Would you prefer there were no corporations, making all those great products you love, and are so willing to support with your dollars? It's you people that complain that conservatives want to go back to some previous century. Sounds to me like that would suit you just fine.
A corporation is a person, a person with a gun.

The Government is its gun.

Mao should have been so smart.

George Zimmerman is, and always has been, the Government.

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 03-28-2014 at 11:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies