Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 06:38 AM

37,939 posts, read 17,772,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Still angry about those infant safety seats that the nanny state forces people to use in their cars?
No but I'm still angry about the children that our government continues to murder in the Middle East. But "those people" don't count do they?

Glad to see you admit, if it wasn't for government telling you to use infant safety seats you wouldn't think of it. It's time you started thinking for yourself instead of the nanny state doing it for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 06:39 AM

1,074 posts, read 755,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
This is often a global issue like mercury which is primarily from gold mining and coal burning. The US accounts for 3% of the global pool of mercury emissions, specifically US coal power plants account for 1%.

The new mercury standards will reduce emissions here however since most of that is deposited outside of the US it will have a negligible affect on the US. Estimates are deposition rates in the US will decrease 1% to 10%. Since the emission rates are already low compared to places like China it's going to have negligible affect worldwide.

Increasing the burden on US industry alone is not going to solve anything and could actually have the opposite affect driving more industry overseas increasing deposition rates in the US.
Liberals are unable to comprehend such sensible observations.

Old 03-28-2014, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Hey- Lower IQs- more democrats. I think now we will see the liberals embracing neurotoxins on their next platform.
What a concept! You're right! They should be loving this!

Old 03-28-2014, 06:44 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,618,268 times
I am a Liberal and I do not believe the incidence of autism, idiocy and just plain stupid has actually increased over the generations. I think we are just paying more attention as the education industry and commercial interests require ever more people in their institutions and workplaces that the latter do not have to educate. There is also the factor of embarrassment associated with having a stupid uncaring sociopath in your family. I mean just what will the neighbors think?

Old 03-28-2014, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
I bet many people will change their mind about pumping industrial waste fluoride into our public drinking water if only because The Atlantic finally called it a dangerous toxin.
Well, hey ... CO2 is now a dangerous toxin too. It's unfortunate that it's required by plants (including trees, which in the past they have been so worried about).

We could go back to living in caves and solve everything, I guess.

Old 03-28-2014, 06:52 AM

11,999 posts, read 12,877,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamencoFreak View Post
Well, hey ... CO2 is now a dangerous toxin too. It's unfortunate that it's required by plants (including trees, which in the past they have been so worried about).

You're being hysterical-CO2 was not listed. Settle down.

Old 03-28-2014, 06:59 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,421,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamencoFreak View Post

So you're okay with poisoning innocent children's brains in the name of industrial progress, and to stick it to the liberals?

Old 03-28-2014, 07:05 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,253,512 times
Something is going on because each year I get more students that have to go see the nurse "to take their medicine" daily.

Old 03-28-2014, 07:07 AM

41,815 posts, read 50,873,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
So you're okay with poisoning innocent children's brains in the name of industrial progress, and to stick it to the liberals?
So let me ask you, we imposed these stricter mercury standards which is going to drive up the cost of doing business in the US for the benefit and I quote:

Quote:
Regulatory Impact Analysis for the Final Mercury and Air Toxics Standards

The average effect on individual avoided IQ loss in 2016 is 0.00209 IQ points, with total nationwide benefits estimated between $0.5 and $6.1 million.
Is that progress or are we going backwards by lowering the standard living?

Old 03-28-2014, 07:09 AM

41,815 posts, read 50,873,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Something is going on because each year I get more students that have to go see the nurse "to take their medicine" daily.
I think this has more to do with parents taking the easy way and opting to medicate them instead of parenting them. Junior gets babied the first few years of his life with no discipline and given everything he wants. Then they are surprised he has issues when he has go out into the world without Mommy and Daddy to give him everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies