Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 02:43 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,949,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post

OK yes it's a bit Red Dawn like, but tell me that is not true? However, would you as an American citizen sit back, and allow some other nation to come in here and occupy us?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2014, 02:44 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,788,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Maybe. Maybe not. Let the Russians try to roll on our soil, and I guarantee you that you'd see more fighting spirit from our citizenry than you or the Russians can handle.
Russia couldn't even get to our soil.

Old 03-27-2014, 02:47 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,694,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Maybe. Maybe not. Let the Russians try to roll on our soil, and I guarantee you that you'd see more fighting spirit from our citizenry than you or the Russians can handle.
Apples and oranges....This isn't going to be Red Dawn! And it won't be a Navel War either, I can't see the Russians trying to force a landing on the conus at all as we no doudt do and will control the oceans......What it would be is a land war and land war like we haven't seen for 65 yrs. or so....and the only way to fight something big like that is balls out, no holds barred. There is no way the people of this country will stand for it. If we started bombing them like grandpa did from his B17 the people in the US would wee-wee their pants. Study the ARC light missions of that unpleasantness in SE Asia. Should have kept that up but one photo of Jane in her AAA seat and the population here caved.....

Old 03-27-2014, 02:52 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,788,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Apples and oranges....This isn't going to be Red Dawn! And it won't be a Navel War either, I can't see the Russians trying to force a landing on the conus at all as we no doudt do and will control the oceans......What it would be is a land war and land war like we haven't seen for 65 yrs. or so....and the only way to fight something big like that is balls out, no holds barred. There is no way the people of this country will stand for it. If we started bombing them like grandpa did from his B17 the people in the US would wee-wee their pants. Study the ARC light missions of that unpleasantness in SE Asia. Should have kept that up but one photo of Jane in her AAA seat and the population here caved.....
For it to be a land war you actually have to get you crap across the sea.

Old 03-27-2014, 02:53 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,156,650 times
The current milquetoast will never do anything even if NATO gets involved.

Count on it.

Old 03-27-2014, 02:53 PM

24,869 posts, read 24,329,732 times
War with Russia is not good, no matter how we shake it.

If Putin moves on Ukraine, the remainder of it, it could mean just that. I have a 10 year old son, and I'm not even sure he wouldn't face a draft in 8 years with that kind of war.

Or, we might all have a few hours to live.

Nuclear powers playing war, Russia vs. United States is not good. I would hope that some people in the Russian higher levels of government weren't so blindly following Putin as to enter into a nuclear confrontation. There is a reason why countries with nuclear weapons aren't invaded.

Old 03-27-2014, 03:04 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,892,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinfshr View Post
It's people like this that scare me more then any wacko world leader! You've got to be kidding!
Sarcastic is the word I'd use. Very.

H

Old 03-27-2014, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post

I suppose it would depend on why we bombed them. They sink a few of our ships off of our coast, or hit one of our cities with their version of a cruise missile, or a nuke, then hit 'em back hard! But to start a war over them over the Ukraine, and Crimea, a part of that country that made the choice to be part of Russia anyway does not make sense.

P.S. while we had no business in Vietnam anyway, what "Hanoi Jane" did was very much a slap in the face to American troops who were only put there by our government's policy in the first place. You can't blame those troops, because honestly, regardless of my feelings on war, if you put me in a position where it's kill or be killed, I'm going to do what I have to do to survive!

Old 03-27-2014, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
War with Russia is not good, no matter how we shake it.

If Putin moves on Ukraine, the remainder of it, it could mean just that. I have a 10 year old son, and I'm not even sure he wouldn't face a draft in 8 years with that kind of war.

Or, we might all have a few hours to live.

Nuclear powers playing war, Russia vs. United States is not good. I would hope that some people in the Russian higher levels of government weren't so blindly following Putin as to enter into a nuclear confrontation. There is a reason why countries with nuclear weapons aren't invaded.

I have a 10 year old son as well. Cooler heads need to prevail.

Old 03-27-2014, 03:20 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,803,234 times
GDP shouldn't even be a consideration when the Olympics cost Russia how many billions? Billions that probably weren't even paid out. If they will spend that kind of money on games, something tells me they probably spend a few ruples more on their military. We need nothing to do with a war with Russia and shouldn't even be considering it as an option unless Putin directly threatens our soil. Then, go ape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies