Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 07:44 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
This genuinely appears to be pretty good advice, and this would probably be even truer a couple of/several decades from now. (not sarcasm)
Only if man evolves to a higher level of thinking and becomes more protective of life.

PS: Then we may see preventive measures taken buy individuals, so as the choice to abort becomes a null in the equation of life.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 03-30-2014 at 07:54 AM.. Reason: added a ps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2014, 11:19 AM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
The study of ancient cultures. wanna join me?

I know there has always been abortion, and I also know it was a contributing factor to their extinction as well as they reduced the size of their military. (cannibalism was another practice and there was a decline in their religious beliefs)

How are we doing in conjunction with those societies that have been here before us?

I'm thinking, we're traveling the same path. I don't believe we have smartened up the least bit, nor have we grown a pair. We behave as children, not wanting to take responsibility for our actions, we have become helpless expecting our government to bridge the gap of the rights and wrongs through the legal systems, so that when we do behave irresponsibly, there are laws to help with that.

Morals should evolve to protect the species, rather than destroy it.
Reduction of military and abortion was the reason for the Mayans and other civilizations disappearing, are you being serious.

Old 03-30-2014, 08:15 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Reduction of military and abortion was the reason for the Mayans and other civilizations disappearing, are you being serious.

There is proof the Mayans were all the way up in what is now Wisconsin and all through New Mexico.

Old 04-02-2014, 05:06 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There was a paper published on a university web site, that has since been taken down, that the author (student) in their studies, outlined the factors that led to the extinction of many of the ancient cultures and societies. The one(s) I remember listed under each was a decrease in the size of their military & and a decline in religious beliefs.

As for as abortion. Maybe not so much ripping them from their mother's womb, but still, societies present and preceding have killed their babies.

"Children were often selected as the sacrificial offerings."

Read more: Sacrifice - rituals, world, body, life, history, beliefs, rate, time, person, human

A belief that life is precious is not a belief that present or past cultures are willing to believe in. So yes, if we kill ourselves off faster than we multiply out, we will one day become extinct, just as those who have come and gone before us.

They say one can not legislate morals. Can we at least legislate survival of human beings?

Old 04-02-2014, 08:52 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Humans are also food.
I'm sure glad I don't live near you!

Old 04-02-2014, 09:23 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I'm sure glad I don't live near you!
Sure thing, toots.
Run into a shark or hungry bear and make the case to them that you're not food.

Old 04-02-2014, 09:25 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
So many kids are waiting to be adopted. We care nothing about them though. We are so focused on the unborn and forget about them.
Some facts. Most infants that are put up for adoption are adopted, The strain on the system is from older kids.

Old 04-02-2014, 09:28 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
The Texas law does not stop abortion .It does require a dr who performs abortions to have admitting privileges to a hospital. All it does is to make sure if something goes wrong in the abortion that the doctor can get them admitted to a hospital .

Old 04-02-2014, 02:01 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
What I would like to know is since when can a hospital turn away a person in need?

If a woman was being attended to by a doctor without admitting privileges and something went wrong, would Texas hospitals slam the door in her face?

If not....why is this law even needed?

Old 04-02-2014, 02:07 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
What I would like to know is since when can a hospital turn away a person in need?
It's a matter of expediency. In an emergency it's better to have the doctor that already knows the woman's medical history and what is going on be able to care for her.

Quote:
If a woman was being attended to by a doctor without admitting privileges and something went wrong, would Texas hospitals slam the door in her face?

If not....why is this law even needed?
No they won't turn her away but the time it takes for another doctor to make the diagnosis to her problem may be the difference. Why is it such a problem to have a doctor with admitting privileges? Is it not suppose to be "safe and rare"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies