Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 07:16 PM

46,823 posts, read 25,743,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
My understanding is that European countries will give free healthcare to anyone within their borders regardless of immigration status.
That is not the case, actually. Treatment will be provided, but there will be a bill if you're not legally domiciled.

Quote:
Out of curiosity, why would you choose to live in this country? I thought Denmark is considered to be the "happiest country on earth"
Not that it's anyone's business, but I moved for love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2014, 07:16 PM

3,557 posts, read 4,080,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Are we to assume no one is?

Like Illegal aliens don't share ID's or engage in identity theft AND fraud And continuously scam the system for freebies!

It would be extremely naïve to believe this isn't happening.
How is the same SSN supposed to be used to sign up for healthcare twice?

Old 03-27-2014, 07:18 PM

40,932 posts, read 48,909,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
1. Illegal immigrants aren't eligible to sign-up, they have no way to sign up; if they try and it comes back they are not legal, they can't sign up, and their status will not be forwarded to the authorities.
You seriously think with all the screw-ups, the people running this Fiasco can tell who's legal ?

Old 03-27-2014, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Are we to assume no one is?

Like Illegal aliens don't share ID's or engage in identity theft AND fraud And continuously scam the system for freebies!

It would be extremely naïve to believe this isn't happening.
Fraud happens. I have it on good authority that even US citizens sometimes scam the system, as hard as that is to believe.

Slight
difference from the OP's claim that Joe Wilson was right in implicitly claiming that illegal aliens would be allowed to sign up, no?

Old 03-27-2014, 07:22 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,938,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Only citizens and permanent residents are eligible for government assistance. I believe refugees are the only exception. The only way non-resident aliens are receiving public assistance is through their American born children, who are Americans. You might know them as "anchor babies".
When you live in a border state, that's a pretty good chunk of the population. I know of legal elderly residents over 65 years of age who don't qualify for Medicare, but do qualify for 100% paid Obamacare. Why should people who never worked a day here in this country receive more than our own elderly citizens?

Old 03-27-2014, 07:23 PM

3,876 posts, read 3,857,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
How is the same SSN supposed to be used to sign up for healthcare twice?
It can be used to file ONCE, with someone other than the cardholder using/sharing benefits fraudulently.

A common tactic when Illegals share s/s #'s to go to work. ( BTW why e-verify should be mandatory for all employees not only new hires).

Old 03-27-2014, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You seriously think with all the screw-ups, the people running this Fiasco can tell who's legal ?
Great. I am now imagining the porcine squeals of outrage if the Obama administration suggested soem sort of national ID to prove citizenship.

Old 03-27-2014, 07:25 PM

3,876 posts, read 3,857,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
When you live in a border state, that's a pretty good chunk of the population. I know of legal elderly residents over 65 years of age who don't qualify for Medicare, but do qualify for 100% paid Obamacare. Why should people who never worked a day here in this country receive more than our own elderly citizens?
I agree, people who never worked a day in the US SHOULD'T be covered at all.

Old 03-27-2014, 07:27 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,938,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Great. I am now imagining the porcine squeals of outrage if the Obama administration suggested soem sort of national ID to prove citizenship.
The loudest squeals would come from the ethnocentric/free borders crowd. I may have been mistaken about what I said earlier. My friend lived in Barcelona for 5 years on Visa and then in a "sham" marriage to a German woman. He said that he had free healthcare during that time.

Old 03-27-2014, 07:29 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,191,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolce_vitae View Post
Good point but I don't think any non-citizen or non-legal alien would be able to register on ACA website.
American citizens can go to a Mexican consulate and register, actually anyone is welcomed to go into a Mexican consulate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies