Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 01:05 PM

40,931 posts, read 48,971,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Some slaves were treated well, but the whippings and beatings weren't made up. The average lifespan of a slave was around 45 years.
Statistic lies are great. The average life span for everyone in 1900 was 48.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 01:07 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,278,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
If you don't think that those on the left didn't support these policies as well, then I have swamp land in Arizona to sell you. Cut the partisan hackery and realize both parties have sold we the people down the river.
Again, I am writing about conservatives and the policies they were cheerleading which is 100% fact. You want to deflect and discuss the left or the fantasy left in your head. Waste of time for me.

conservatives do support those policies and this is what bothers you because without a doubt those policies are authoritarian militaristic freedom stealing policies and conservatives the so called small government afraid of the federal government conservatives were all in on all of it.

conservatives supported and were cheerleading torture, indefinite detention, pre-emptive war and an endless war on terror, as well as the patriot act homeland security and on and on and on the terror threat alerts with the colors, the anti-muslim racial profiling sentiment as well as the border security mexicans might be muslim terrorists nonsense that created this whole anti immigrant push.

I will never forget.

Old 03-28-2014, 01:11 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,368,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Statistic lies are great. The average life span for everyone in 1900 was 48.
Actually, I was overly generous with my number. Here is a well researched piece which gives a breakdown. If you disagree, show your work (and links to white supremacist websites don't count):

http://teachers.greenville.k12.sc.us...%20Slavery.pdf

Old 03-28-2014, 01:16 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,463,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
Obama and liberals are the worst thing to America and the whole world. Game over
^Would prefer to be a slave than have Obama elected.

Old 03-28-2014, 01:17 PM

40,931 posts, read 48,971,778 times
Quote:
Actually, I was overly generous with my number. Here is a well researched piece which gives a breakdown. If you disagree, show your work (and links to white supremacist websites don't count):
A quick search shows every ones life expectancy about 1850 was around 38, 1860-42 and by 1900 was about 48.

It's like saying everyone who eats tomatoes dies. Statistical lies that you like to spread.

http://mappinghistory.uoregon.edu/en...S/US39-01.html

Old 03-28-2014, 01:30 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,947,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Again, I am writing about conservatives and the policies they were cheerleading which is 100% fact. You want to deflect and discuss the left or the fantasy left in your head. Waste of time for me.

conservatives do support those policies and this is what bothers you because without a doubt those policies are authoritarian militaristic freedom stealing policies and conservatives the so called small government afraid of the federal government conservatives were all in on all of it.

conservatives supported and were cheerleading torture, indefinite detention, pre-emptive war and an endless war on terror, as well as the patriot act homeland security and on and on and on the terror threat alerts with the colors, the anti-muslim racial profiling sentiment as well as the border security mexicans might be muslim terrorists nonsense that created this whole anti immigrant push.

I will never forget.

Hogwash! Your party is just as corrupt as the damn GOP! They supported the Patriot Act and the war on terror as well. Flip flopper John Kerry even voted for going to Iraq before he voted against it, or did you forget that little tidbit? I'll give you credit, at least the Democrats are quite honest in their attempt to increase the size of government, with more regulations, more handouts, and nanny state laws, and they make no bones about it. The GOP? Eh.... not so much. So you are correct in their claim for being the so-called party of smaller government, except when it comes to something like legalizing pot, or telling 2 consenting adults what they can do in their bedrooms. A libertarian on the other hand which tends to be conservative in nature does not, nor would they ever support any of these policies, and they damn sure wouldn't support the endless wars, the Patriot Act, the TSA or any other policies that restrict the rights and liberties of the American people. And before you throw in the Sarah Palin, and Michelle Bachman references or some other regurgitated leftist talking points about libertarians and republicans are the same, realize that they are NOT libertarians!

At any rate, both parties have become warmongers, and support the very things in your posts that you're b***ing about! Why in good conscious you would want to give either one of them your vote is beyond me?

Old 03-28-2014, 01:30 PM

9,879 posts, read 7,995,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
We will have to go into Iran eventually, but at a much higher cost than now. It should have happened in 1979.
Since the invention of nuclear weaponary, we will never go to war with a country that
has nuclear weapons. It just won't happen.

That is why as much as I did not like Reagan, he had the right idea with star wars.
Have weapons to intercept just in case. But unfortunately, none work to date.

Old 03-28-2014, 01:46 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,278,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Hogwash! Your party is just as corrupt as the damn GOP! They supported the Patriot Act and the war on terror as well. Flip flopper John Kerry even voted for going to Iraq before he voted against it, or did you forget that little tidbit? I'll give you credit, at least the Democrats are quite honest in their attempt to increase the size of government, with more regulations, more handouts, and nanny state laws, and they make no bones about it. The GOP? Eh.... not so much. So you are correct in their claim for being the so-called party of smaller government, except when it comes to something like legalizing pot, or telling 2 consenting adults what they can do in their bedrooms. A libertarian on the other hand which tends to be conservative in nature does not, nor would they ever support any of these policies, and they damn sure wouldn't support the endless wars, the Patriot Act, the TSA or any other policies that restrict the rights and liberties of the American people. And before you throw in the Sarah Palin, and Michelle Bachman references or some other regurgitated leftist talking points about libertarians and republicans are the same, realize that they are NOT libertarians!

At any rate, both parties have become warmongers, and support the very things in your posts that you're b***ing about! Why in good conscious you would want to give either one of them your vote is beyond me?
This is all pretend and fantasy. I am not in the Democratic party, that is your made up fantasy. This is about conservatives, there were protests in the the Democratic party against those policies, there were none in the conservative party.

libertarians are conservatives basically because they vote for conservatives mostly.

libertarians are not for small government either and they supported the same bs as conservatives. Stop the fantasy stuff.

Old 03-28-2014, 01:50 PM

24,484 posts, read 33,197,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Yet you think it is better to have someone that has to throw an election to become president? America was reduced to a banana republic when W was put in office...as he was not elected.

I know facts are so inconvenient but here they are again for the remedial class at hand:
Obama won - get over it, and yes he is a black man in the white house
He took over in the midst of an economic colapse brought on by failed policies and practices of the Republican party.
A few points:

- Bush was elected (twice).
- Why mention Obama's race?
- What were the failed policies and practices of the Republican party which "caused" the economic collapse?

Old 03-28-2014, 01:52 PM

24,484 posts, read 33,197,065 times
Quote:
There weren't any "facts" in the OP, just mindless right wing drivel. It's the same crap we've heard non-stop ever since "0bama" dared to run for president.

The rest of the country has moved on. You guys can sit around and keep regurgitating stuff from Faux News and Rush Limbaugh. The rest of the country has seen that the regressive radical right has nothing positive to offer our nation.
Not many people here watch MSNBC (Faux News). And with good reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies