U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 10:32 AM

10,024 posts, read 10,528,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
It's always a hoot to see desperate Democrats trying to run away from their wrongdoing when caught. The usual "Republicans do it too" is always thrown in, even when it doesn't apply.

It gets even better when they pause in their headlong flight, to tell us (even today) that black people can't make it in life without assistance, "afirmative action" etc. from government - assistance they see no reason to offer whites.

It's always a hoot to read posts from people who are completely ignorant about history and especially the political history of their own country. This issue has NOTHING to do with political affiliation at all but is totally a right vs. left, conservative vs. liberal issue. I guess that you don't know that the southern Democrats were the worst of the worst of the RWNJs and conservative to the core. The ONLY reason they were Democrats and not Republicans was that Lincoln was a Republican and they hated the republicans to the insane degree they could not be one even if they agreed in every single plank of the Republican party. Once they got over that they all joined the party they naturally belonged in, the GOP. If I was a democrat I would say, "Good riddance to this pile of RWNJ rubbish!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-28-2014, 10:34 AM

9,832 posts, read 7,648,787 times
Quote:
It's always a hoot to see desperate Democrats trying to run away from their wrongdoing when caught. The usual "Republicans do it too" is always thrown in, even when it doesn't apply.

It gets even better when they pause in their headlong flight, to tell us (even today) that black people can't make it in life without assistance, "afirmative action" etc. from government - assistance they see no reason to offer whites.

The only desperation comes from right-wingers trying to paint southern Democrats of the 1800's as liberal when it's obvious they have everything in common with modern-day right-wing extremists. LBJ knew he had lost the South forever when he passed the civil rights act...and he was right.

As for Kobe, where's the controversy?

77,930 posts, read 33,252,383 times
I wonder to myself why anyone thought this an important question to ask a basketball player.

25,059 posts, read 23,087,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
What difference does it make in what part of the republic someone lives?
When you're engaging in revisionist history and trying to paint the leader of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as the racist party (I call it Medicaring the Civil Rights Act), you need to get your facts straight. The facts were, it wasn't the Democratic Party that was racist and opposed to civil rights, it was mostly only the Southern faction of the Democratic Party

Old 03-28-2014, 10:36 AM

29,125 posts, read 21,965,509 times
Democrats have always been good at division - and their new trick is to divide their own party on geographical lines to deflect attention from their racist history.

Old 03-28-2014, 10:40 AM

25,059 posts, read 23,087,058 times
Quote:
Democrats have always been good at division - and their new trick is to divide their own party on geographical lines to deflect attention from their racist history.
Republicans have always been two-faced - first they oppose landmark legislation like the Civil Rights Act, Medicare, and Social Security; then they paint themselves as the stalwart defenders, even the creators, of such legislation

Old 03-28-2014, 10:42 AM

4,743 posts, read 3,718,243 times
Quote:

Bryant's remarks are simple, straightforward common sense.

Does anyone else, at first glance, find Kobe's remarks not common sense but a little hypocritical?

Okay so the WORDS themselves aren't too bad. . You should judge the situation and context, and not jump to conclusion

the issue is link to people wearing hoodies. I'm sure the fact the kid was black played some role into his team mates or teams decision. . but Kobe can't know that for sure. Can't know the though process. the facts

I mean I heard enough about the Trayvon case to wear a hoodie myself. I'm not doing it because he is black (or i'm white)

I don't mind Kobe's words

its his judgement of other people and his assumptions they didn't have enough evidence to make a decision of support that. . .puts him in the wrong.

Old 03-28-2014, 10:48 AM

12,715 posts, read 11,572,047 times
I typically vote Dem. I don't find Bryant's statement controversial, nor would anyone I know.

Old 03-28-2014, 10:49 AM

11,618 posts, read 5,904,486 times
Quote:
What difference does it make in what part of the republic someone lives?
Tropical weather causes speech and other mental problems.

Air conditioning was invented to fight this malady.

Northerners brought contrived coolness to the South, but with a price!

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 03-28-2014 at 11:18 AM..

Old 03-28-2014, 10:51 AM

12,715 posts, read 11,572,047 times
Quote:
The country was, in fact, divided once (literally) on geographic lines, and it has been politically ever since. Everyone knows that, but it gets ignored when someone wants to advance a silly and specious argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies