U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-28-2014, 01:55 PM
 
17,297 posts, read 25,657,528 times
Reputation: 8567

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Chingado.

No it doesn't.

Taxpayers funded the health care needs of everybody and with Obamacare, they are still doing it. All that changed was how its paid out.

Get a clue.


So in your fascinatingly silly and myopic world, it's better for illegal uninsureds to just show up leaving the hospital (and ultimately, the rest of us) with their bill.....especially after symptoms have progressed to the point of needing immediate attention....than for them to be covered by Medicare/Medicaid and get preventative care before symptoms become acute and require more expensive treatment?


That's one of the entire goals of getting everyone insured. To get MORE preventative and early resolution to problems, which the uninsured do not do. If you actually lived in the real world, and ever thought past your own damn wallet to understand the behaviors of poor people, you might understand.


But I know that's just asking way too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-28-2014, 02:07 PM
 
Location: Out West
22,615 posts, read 16,743,701 times
Reputation: 26186
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
So in your fascinatingly silly and myopic world, it's better for illegal uninsureds to just show up leaving the hospital (and ultimately, the rest of us) with their bill.....especially after symptoms have progressed to the point of needing immediate attention....than for them to be covered by Medicare/Medicaid and get preventative care before symptoms become acute and require more expensive treatment?


That's one of the entire goals of getting everyone insured. To get MORE preventative and early resolution to problems, which the uninsured do not do. If you actually lived in the real world, and ever thought past your own damn wallet to understand the behaviors of poor people, you might understand.


But I know that's just asking way too much.
What is asking too much is, apparently, deporting illegal immigrants. Why are they still here? Why do you want them here, sucking down resources? If we want to save ourselves any money, let's start by deporting those who are not here legally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2014, 02:09 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 72,355,317 times
Reputation: 27564
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
So in your fascinatingly silly and myopic world, it's better for illegal uninsureds to just show up leaving the hospital (and ultimately, the rest of us) with their bill.....especially after symptoms have progressed to the point of needing immediate attention....than for them to be covered by Medicare/Medicaid and get preventative care before symptoms become acute and require more expensive treatment?


That's one of the entire goals of getting everyone insured. To get MORE preventative and early resolution to problems, which the uninsured do not do. If you actually lived in the real world, and ever thought past your own damn wallet to understand the behaviors of poor people, you might understand.


But I know that's just asking way too much.
Why should citizens pay taxes and foot the bill of people that entered our country illegally ?
Send them back home to be treated in their own countries and that would be cheaper on all of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2014, 03:19 PM
 
17,297 posts, read 25,657,528 times
Reputation: 8567
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Why should citizens pay taxes and foot the bill of people that entered our country illegally ?
Send them back home to be treated in their own countries and that would be cheaper on all of us.

Well, I don't think they should, honestly. But, here we are.

If they're going to be here they need to follow the law.



BTW: I think we should enter into a treaty with Mexico wherein they pay for their citizens' use of our medical system. Maybe a direct-bill situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2014, 03:21 PM
 
17,297 posts, read 25,657,528 times
Reputation: 8567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
What is asking too much is, apparently, deporting illegal immigrants. Why are they still here? Why do you want them here, sucking down resources? If we want to save ourselves any money, let's start by deporting those who are not here legally.


Whether or not they should be here, and whether or not they need to follow the ACA, are two different issues.

For the record: I am vehemently against illegal immigration because I believe it thwarts the goals of poverty reduction and burdens the over-stretched social services system.


If having to comply with the ACA and buy insurance makes it more burdensome to be here, I don't care a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2014, 10:00 PM
 
8,487 posts, read 5,890,734 times
Reputation: 1114
This is listed on the exemption page of healthcare.gov. Not sure what this article is really supposedly about.
quote:
If you have a gap in coverage of less than 3 months, or you're not lawfully present in the U.S.:
  • You don’t need to apply for an exemption. This will be handled when you file your federal tax return.

No doubt the information will be bought and sold by various entities just like all the other information collected. Site security should definitely be a concern.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2014, 10:11 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,969,076 times
Reputation: 5904
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's cultural my friend.
The Dems will have to work hard to change this group's thinking if they want to have them be the force to keep them in power.

Many of the legal Hispanics have friends and relatives that are illegal and with Hispanics "family comes first".
Then those kinds of people NEED to leave the US if "family comes 1st" means more than being loyal to here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2014, 10:13 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,969,076 times
Reputation: 5904
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
So in your fascinatingly silly and myopic world, it's better for illegal uninsureds to just show up leaving the hospital (and ultimately, the rest of us) with their bill.....especially after symptoms have progressed to the point of needing immediate attention....than for them to be covered by Medicare/Medicaid and get preventative care before symptoms become acute and require more expensive treatment?


That's one of the entire goals of getting everyone insured. To get MORE preventative and early resolution to problems, which the uninsured do not do. If you actually lived in the real world, and ever thought past your own damn wallet to understand the behaviors of poor people, you might understand.


But I know that's just asking way too much.
Illegal aliens: patch them up then deport them. Let their own countries deal with those people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2014, 11:44 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 60,518,304 times
Reputation: 22276
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Well, I don't think they should, honestly. But, here we are.

If they're going to be here they need to follow the law.



BTW: I think we should enter into a treaty with Mexico wherein they pay for their citizens' use of our medical system. Maybe a direct-bill situation.
They are here for one of two reasons: Either they are the ultra cheap labor of the elites or they are here to get welfare handouts.

The elites want their cheap labor cheap -- if they had to actually pay their own costs here, they would have to be paid more. Illegals with no more than a 3rd grade education and inability to ever learn any English cannot afford the high cost of living in this country. They're not going to pay their own way. Virtually all births to illegals are covered by Medicaid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2014, 07:47 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 72,355,317 times
Reputation: 27564
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Whether or not they should be here, and whether or not they need to follow the ACA, are two different issues.

For the record: I am vehemently against illegal immigration because I believe it thwarts the goals of poverty reduction and burdens the over-stretched social services system.


If having to comply with the ACA and buy insurance makes it more burdensome to be here, I don't care a bit.
The illegals are exempt from Obamacare.
They do not have to get insurance and they do not have to pay fines.

They are here illegally remember ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:39 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top