U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 05:17 PM

4,654 posts, read 3,695,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
i do too,thanks for the posting !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2014, 05:33 PM

4,654 posts, read 3,695,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Not a great analogy. Pearl Harbor was 75 years ago--9/11 was 10. Are you unaware of what happened between the US and Japan after the attack? We pretty much got our own back and left Japan so weakened militarily that they moved on to work on becoming economically productive. And oh yeah, we dropped that little bomb on them.

After OBL and his Saudi posse destroyed the WTC, the bin Ladens were graciously allowed to leave the country. Since then, I do not remember the Saudis even apologizing for producing terrorists who attacked the country. They've held us hostage for their oil. Why should we bend over backward to make them happy?
Why not,i disagree,i think it's a good analogy.
History is always here to teach us not to do the same mistakes and learn from the past lessons.
70 or 100 years from now,children will still have to take lessons of history to learn from the past,so time is irrelevant.
Maybe we should forget about Jesus since it's a very old story too,older than Pearl Harbor ?
Do you agree with me on this ?
i don't care about the details on how we "won" the war,i'm talking about the facts that the japanese were our enemies,now they are our friends,do you agree on this ?
You call it a "LITTLE" bomb ?
It's not the Saudi's that did the WTC,it's a group of people !!
It's not the american people who exploded the Oklahoma building,it's McVie !!
Do you see the difference or not ?
The Saudi's did apologize and even offered check to help that was refused by the NY Mayor Ruddy Guiliani at that time,so don't lie about the history,either you know or you don't know.
They never held anybody hostage for oil,that's a lie.
Saudia Arabia is not our main oil supplier,our # 1 supplier is Canada,read about it.
They're already happy with what they have,we are already bending over to make China and israel happy as an example

Old 03-29-2014, 06:05 PM

15,088 posts, read 17,510,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Why the Saudis unfriended the U.S.
As long as the oil keeps flowing I don't care about a dog and pony show starring the US and Saudi Arabia.

[shrug]

Old 03-29-2014, 06:19 PM

17,027 posts, read 9,524,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Everyone with their eyes open are dissatisfied with the Obama administration.

Yes indeed!

Old 03-29-2014, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
and here i thought obama was going to make the whole world like us because that evil george bush made the world hate us.

That was what was touted to be.

Old 03-29-2014, 06:24 PM

62,661 posts, read 34,157,952 times
I just hope Obama, or any other US president, does not kiss them and dance for them like Bush did. I cant believe he allowed himself be humiliated like that.

Old 03-31-2014, 12:21 PM

35,064 posts, read 19,178,389 times
Default Why the Saudis unfriended the U.S.

The Saudis are friends to no one.

The US considers them an ally for convenience sake due to a confluence of interests, nothing more.

Talk to any Americans who have spent some time in Saudi Arabia. Find out how friendly the natives were towards them. I've had good conversations with guys who went over on civilian contracts to train their people on certain technical defense systems. Their impressions of the place are not entirely positive, let's say. Makes America look real good after a long year over there.

Old 03-31-2014, 12:41 PM

17,297 posts, read 25,645,113 times
Honestly, who cares.

The Saudis have always been "frenemies."

It was and is Saudi fueled Wahabbist extremism that is spreading radical Islam across the world.

Old 03-31-2014, 04:40 PM

22,096 posts, read 9,386,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post
Why noti disagree,i think it's a good analogy.
History is always here to teach us not to do the same mistakes and learn from the past lessons. 70 or 100 years from now, children will still have to take lessons of history to learn from the past,so time is irrelevant. Maybe we should forget about Jesus since it's a very old story too,older than Pearl Harbor ? Do you agree with me on this ?
I think by looking at the nasty political climate of today, we can safely assume that Jesus is not on people's minds much. The bible is a book of mythology and Jesus was a man who lived many years ago.

Quote:
i don't care about the details on how we "won" the war,i'm talking about the facts that the japanese were our enemies,now they are our friends,do you agree on this ?
Yes, many years later we are friends.

Quote:
You call it a "LITTLE" bomb ?
I was using sarcasm, which you obviously do not understand or use, along with punctuation.

Quote:
It's not the Saudi's that did the WTC,it's a group of people !!
It's not the american people who exploded the Oklahoma building,it's McVie !!
Do you see the difference or not ?
The 9/11 terrorists were trained by their leader terrorist-OBL. OBL's being Saudi and the US relations with the mideast had everything to do with OBL's hatred for the US. I don't even know which state McVeigh was from, but I do associate him with right wing extremist militia groups.

Quote:
The Saudi's did apologize and even offered check to help that was refused by the NY Mayor Ruddy Guiliani at that time,so don't lie about the history,either you know or you don't know.
Can you please cite a source for that? I have not been able to find a confirmation of your assertion. In fact:

"When Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal suggested that the 9/11 attacks were an indication that the United States "should re-examine its policies in the mideast and adopt a more balanced stand toward the Palestinian cause", Giuliani asserted, There is no moral equivalent for this act. There is no justification for it... And one of the reasons I think this happened is because people were engaged in moral equivalency in not understanding the difference between democracies like the United States, like Israel, and terrorist states and those who condone terrorism."

Quote:
They never held anybody hostage for oil,that's a lie. Saudia Arabia is not our main oil supplier,our # 1 supplier is Canada,read about it They're already happy with what they have,we are already bending over to make China and israel happy as an example
Fine--go ahead and think what you want. I think ignorance of history is a much larger part of the problem. In 1973 Saudi Arabia lead an oil boycott against the Western countries that supported Israel in the October War against Egypt and Syria. Oil prices quadrupled. That is being held hostage.

Old 04-02-2014, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I just hope Obama, or any other US president, does not kiss them and dance for them like Bush did. I cant believe he allowed himself be humiliated like that.

Obama bows and apologizes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies