Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 03:30 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I am in no way saying that is all she said through out the conversation, but the person I responded to said and i quote

She did not discourage diversity, she made a comment about an individual and his specific views, not all conservatives.

I understand your overall point, but it has nothing to do with the comment Petch's comment or my response.

Actually, i think i responded directly to what you are talking about earlier in the thread.

I dunno. Seems to me, reading the rest of her responses, she doesnt want an diversity in thought or conversation in regards to white people and conservatives. I dont know how else to take her responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2014, 03:31 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Honesty question. What exactly is an "ashy negro"? Just curious.

Old 03-30-2014, 03:34 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,674,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I wish I knew the answer to tell you.

Old 03-30-2014, 03:38 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times
Quote:
All She said was that Ben Carson sounds insane to her, Do you not do the same of Liberals ????
Maybe you should read before spouting. I'll help, the guy she is attacking is Juan Williams son.

Lemieux shot back, "Oh great, here comes a White dude telling me how to do this Black thing. Pass," and "YOU. Now, leave, I have no interest in this conversation."

Old 03-30-2014, 03:40 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 16 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,524,552 times
Quote:
I dunno. Seems to me, reading the rest of her responses, she doesnt want an diversity in thought or conversation in regards to white people and conservatives. I dont know how else to take her responses.
White people in black politics, it seems she is completely against that, i can agree with you there.

But Conservatives in general, no, that is just speculation on your part based on her not liking Ben Carson. Im pretty sure there are liberals you cant stand but others you can at least put up with.

You wouldnt want someone to think you hated all Liberals just because you think one is a moron. So judge her as you would want yourself to be judged.

Old 03-30-2014, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Maybe you should read before spouting. I'll help, the guy she is attacking is Juan Williams son.

Lemieux shot back, "Oh great, here comes a White dude telling me how to do this Black thing. Pass," and "YOU. Now, leave, I have no interest in this conversation."
And how is that discouraging diversity? Did she later on say All conservatives are crazy ???

Old 03-30-2014, 03:45 PM

Quote:
She was probably responded to someone specific.

But in generally, ashy is what happens to black people when our skin gets dry, primarily on our elbows and knees, it is considered extremely unflattering by some ( i see it as no big deal and completely stupid) and is there for an insult to say someone is "ashy".

Old 03-30-2014, 03:49 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,350,760 times
Quote:
It matters because the OP's article(or rather Priebus himself) was arguing that calling him white was in and of itself an insult. He indeed looks white in his picture, so calling him white was not meant as an insult but simply an observation.

Context does matter.

And no, it does not make her racist for doing so, are you really going to say that people in this nation have the same experiences, im guessing not, so what is so wrong with arguing that someone with the same possible experiences as yourself is more equipped to respond to you than someone who is not ??

Would you allow a mechanic to operate on your brain ?
It is a version of the ad hominem fallacy. Many years ago I was talking to a close friend about racism when I realized that racism was just an emanation of stupidity. At the time the National Enquirer was the top selling periodical in the US, and I mentioned that fact to her as evidence. Stupidity is rampant, and we all have to be on guard against it. Twitter is words and ideas. The race of the tweeter should not enter into the equation, period.

Would I allow a mechanic to operate on my brain? What does that even mean?

Old 03-30-2014, 04:01 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,101 times
Quote:
Your articles are form July of 2011.
And your point is?

Old 03-30-2014, 05:34 PM

20,123 posts, read 16,142,906 times
Quote:
Very, very light skinned black person who have darker flakey patches on select parts of body. It is not a compliment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies