Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 12:21 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,986,531 times

Advertisements

Bridenstine (OK) has a companion bill in the House to Cruz's bill in the Senate.

1. Streamline the approval process for upgrading refineries, and building new ones

2. Open up the Alaska National Wildlife Reserve to oil development and expand energy development in the National Petroleum Reserve in Alaska

3. Approve and allow the private sector to build Keystone XL Pipeline

4. Remove barriers to developing other pipelines and cross-border energy infrastructure

5. Phase out and repeal the Renewable Fuel Standard

6. Turn energy regulation of federal lands over to the states

7. Direct all additional revenues from drilling and exploration on federal lands exclusively to national debt reduction.

8. Expand the Outer Continental Shelf areas available for development, and streamline permitting for additional offshore exploration

9. Exclude greenhouse gases from regulation by the EPA and other federal agencies

10. Stop EPA regulations that will adversely impact coal and electric power plants

11. Preventing any EPA policy, rules or regulations from being passed which would have a negative impact on employment unless they are approved by Congress and signed by the President.

12. Facilitate LNG export permits and end the crude-oil export ban, and end “excessively broad environmental review” of coal-export terminal proposals

Cruz introduces broad “Energy Renaissance” bill - Texas on the Potomac

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/texas-o...aissance-bill/

There is more detail in this link:

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/frien...7aaca450f.html

I see a lot of blue collar and white collar jobs here, especially in upgrading and building refineries and building and maintaining pipelines that won't go overseas. I wonder if the unions would support this bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2014, 12:35 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,293,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Bridenstine (OK) has a companion bill in the House to Cruz's bill in the Senate.

1. Streamline the approval process for upgrading refineries, and building new ones

2. Open up the Alaska National Wildlife Reserve to oil development and expand energy development in the National Petroleum Reserve in Alaska

4. Remove barriers to developing other pipelines and cross-border energy infrastructure

7. Direct all additional revenues from drilling and exploration on federal lands exclusively to national debt reduction.

8. Expand the Outer Continental Shelf areas available for development, and streamline permitting for additional offshore exploration

9. Exclude greenhouse gases from regulation by the EPA and other federal agencies

10. Stop EPA regulations that will adversely impact coal and electric power plants

11. Preventing any EPA policy, rules or regulations from being passed which would have a negative impact on employment unless they are approved by Congress and signed by the President.

12. Facilitate LNG export permits and end the crude-oil export ban, and end “excessively broad environmental review” of coal-export terminal proposals

I see a lot of blue collar and white collar jobs here, especially in upgrading and building refineries and building and maintaining pipelines that won't go overseas. I wonder if the unions would support this bill.

I work in a refinery and seriously this is not partisan for the protection of families and the environment in the surrounding areas, you do not want to "streamline" upgrades to existing refineries or building new refineries.

Refineries are dangerous and complex places that deal with deadly chemicals, are near and use a body of water, have pipes running under ground. The number of pipe leaks we get alone if known by the public.... and that is with the current regulations.

You have vessels under extreme pressures and temperatures combined with the business environment to push those units to the breaking point of profitability by spending as little on their upkeep as possible.

As by products we produce deadly chemicals, suffocating and explosive gases, cancer causing chemicals.

Vessels can explode and take off like a rocket, we have acid that could spread and kill a lot of people.

So whatever else is in the Ted Cruz proposal, seriously he is wrong about streamlining the building and upgrading of refineries it is too dangerous.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:35 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,459,412 times
So drill baby drill and exempt companies from regulations to make them cleaner and more efficient...and responsible for the mess they create.

That has lost a number of times....but like repealing Obamacare, the GOP tries the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:46 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,293,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
So drill baby drill and exempt companies from regulations to make them cleaner and more efficient...and responsible for the mess they create.

That has lost a number of times....but like repealing Obamacare, the GOP tries the same thing over and over expecting different results.
It is dangerous as well. I work in a refinery, so I am not against building refineries or upgrading refineries, but I don't want to streamline anything.

No get as many people's eyes on those plans thinking about the environment and safety of the public as possible cause if things go sideways in a refinery potentially a lot of people can die and really hurt the environment horribly.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:50 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post

Before Obamacare Democrats always wanted social healthcare too. Ted Kennedy pushed for it just about every new congress. He had to wait until he was on his deathbed to see that. No one side is better/worse for being idiots when doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:53 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,316,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

Cruz introduces broad

There is more detail in this link:

Sen. Cruz and Rep. Bridenstine file legislation to embrace American energy renaissance, spark job creation - Your Houston News: Opinion

Old 03-29-2014, 03:00 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,113,448 times
We have been undergoing an energy renaissance for some years now.....

The biggest question is whether or not we repeal the ban on crude exports and allow more export of nat gas. It certainly has it's pros and cons, but I think we should export more.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:27 PM

How many times do the people have to tell Obama the Number 1 issue is jobs not his priorities?

Old 03-29-2014, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
It is dangerous as well. I work in a refinery, so I am not against building refineries or upgrading refineries, but I don't want to streamline anything.
I understood the streamlining to not be in the building or upgrading but the paperwork to do it. Am I wrong?

Old 03-30-2014, 07:23 AM

57,204 posts, read 26,166,435 times
Turn energy regulation on federal lands over to the states-why do we think the states are capable of stewardship of federal lands before profits.

Stop all federal regulations that impact coal and electric power plants - clean air and water take a back seat to cheap power.

Why open the Alaskan Wildlife to development - do we have a petroleum shortage?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies