Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 07:09 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Then they are not hunters...they are thrill hunters....notice you did not call them Hunters....
Or, selling bear parts for big money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2014, 07:10 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d from birmingham View Post
I see Glen or Glenda Beck is once again digging up several year old stories to inflame conservatives.
wrong thread. Mar. 29, 2014 8:00pm was not 'several years' ago.

Old 03-31-2014, 07:16 AM

Four charged with illegally selling bear gall bladders | PennLive.com

This is the kind of crime the money from a hunting license helps to fight.

Old 03-31-2014, 09:04 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,441,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Happy Female Hunter Bags Mountain Lion & Posts Photos. Angry Animal-Rights Folks Storm Social Media in the Most Vile Ways Imaginable. | Video | TheBlaze.com

I dont have issue with hunting for food and even, to a degree, taking out animals for "wildlife management" as they call it.

And while I certainly think the posts by those angered about this border on psycho, I must say, Ive never been a huge fan of hunting for "sport" or sitting their posing with some animal you shot as if you are so proud and giddy.

Good for you. You took out an animal with a rifle. Is that supposed to impress me? The animal didnt have a chance. Why dont you wrestle it and take it on with an even playing field? Then maybe i'll be impressed.
I happen to live in mountain lion country. Their numbers and range have increased impressively in recent years. While I don't know the particulars in the case of this cougar, I can say that they are a concern in areas where they prey on livestock and pets.

They're extremely stealthy creatures and mostly nocturnal, so very few folks ever encounter one. As I said, I live in cougar country and all I've ever seen are their tracks and their kills - mostly deer.

MOUNTAIN LION FACT SHEET

Old 03-31-2014, 09:12 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,136,926 times
It is appalling to see a beautiful dead creature being help up by a hideous creature with a gun. Seriously, what is she smiling about? What is she proud of?

Old 03-31-2014, 09:15 AM

1,458 posts, read 2,658,418 times
/\/\/\

Notice their location.

Old 03-31-2014, 09:31 AM

23,545 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Quote:
Happy Female Hunter Bags Mountain Lion & Posts Photos. Angry Animal-Rights Folks Storm Social Media in the Most Vile Ways Imaginable. | Video | TheBlaze.com

I dont have issue with hunting for food and even, to a degree, taking out animals for "wildlife management" as they call it.

And while I certainly think the posts by those angered about this border on psycho, I must say, Ive never been a huge fan of hunting for "sport" or sitting their posing with some animal you shot as if you are so proud and giddy.

Good for you. You took out an animal with a rifle. Is that supposed to impress me? The animal didnt have a chance. Why dont you wrestle it and take it on with an even playing field? Then maybe i'll be impressed.
If she took the cat legally, she did everyone a favor in that region. Good for her.

Bravado is certainly an individual sport unto itself and the cause for celebration that accounts for news is questionable in many different venues. The motives of a long distance runner or a guy who hits little balls across a lawn, for instance, might require an entire career of a pychiatrist to unravel.

Not my style but no reason not to be proud if she feels that way.

Often outfitters use these stories as marketing opportunities.

I suppose if you have a big smile on your face after eating a steak..that comes from a cow, who was hit over the head and stabbed with a knife to allow the still beating heart to oump out all the blood you might appreciate the woman's happiness.

Old 03-31-2014, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirette View Post
/\/\/\

notice their location.
Lol.....

Very telling.

Old 03-31-2014, 09:37 AM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
It is appalling to see a beautiful dead creature being help up by a hideous creature with a gun. Seriously, what is she smiling about? What is she proud of?

But, I bet you buy meat at a store....

Old 03-31-2014, 10:17 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,884,494 times
Default Warm and Fuzzies!

Quote:

I agree with the other post that if she was with in the regs of Game & Fish there is not problem. At of City dwellers do not have a clue when it comes hunting. When anyone takes a deer or big cat its more so they will not starve and die a slow death.

There is other animals like wild Hogs that are a problem and they destroy property and attack humans. so therefor, there is no permit. Just follow the basic rules laid out by G &F.

some folks will never experience the great outdoors and hunting in general. To me I do not care if I bag a deer. Its more out in the woods! Its American and it always been in our culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies