Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Mr. Horn get life in prison for defending himself against two illegal alien criminals??
YES, he should get life in prison. 18 17.31%
NO, he should be set free! He had a right to personal safety. 77 74.04%
I do not know / Not sure 9 8.65%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 11:54 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,770,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
And where "may" mr horn use this defense if you did not intend for him to use it as a legal defense.
I'm not going back but I think my statement was in responce to another statement made to what MIGHT be used NOT what WILL be used....do you not understand THE difference?

Old 12-18-2007, 11:58 AM

Quote:
No, someone else talked about the 7 minutes. Dont be too much in a rush or you'll hit an innocent person with errant information and figuratively shoot them in the back. Hmm, sounds like someone we’re talking about.
You'er right I did get you mixed up with someone else...so it might not be a good idea for you to rob one of my neighbors !

Old 12-18-2007, 12:01 PM

Quote:
So one pillowcase full of loot is justification for anyone to shoot suspects burglarizing another persons property in the back?

What must if have been like on Halloween for Horn? All those masked people running around with pillowcases full of loot lurking from house to house.

No the Halloween thing happen in our neighboring state of LA and the guy was never charged .

Old 12-18-2007, 12:05 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,366,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
The Neighborhood Watch program is laid out, usually, by the Sheriff's department in your county. You'd have to find out from them what "watch" means.
So you think that “Watch” may also mean “confront suspects burglarizing another persons property with a gun and shoot them in the back”? Nice diversion but that has never been a definition for “watch” and if it the sheriffs department in texas or any other state had that as a definition, we’d hear about it.

Quote:
Well, that will be up to a grand jury to decide.
A grand jury only decides if there is enough evidence for an indictment. They do not consider valid or invalid defenses, that is what a trial is for.

Quote:
The Castle Doctrine in Texas protects you if your neighbor's property is in jeopardy as well--but only if your neighbor has asked for you to watch over it. Hence the Neighborhood Watch defense possibility
Really, and where is this that you’re basing this information on? Guess what Republican senator Jeff Wentworth said in an interview:

But the legislator who authored the "castle doctrine" bill told the Chronicle it was never intended to apply to a neighbor's property, to prompt a "'Law West of the Pecos' mentality or action," said Republican Sen. Jeff Wentworth. "You're supposed to be able to defend your own home, your own family, in your house, your place of business or your motor vehicle."

But you would know more about it than the actual author of the bill, is that what your stating?

Last edited by madicarus2000; 12-18-2007 at 12:15 PM.. Reason: formatting

Old 12-18-2007, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
I'm not going back but I think my statement was in responce to another statement made to what MIGHT be used NOT what WILL be used....do you not understand THE difference?
Again, where MAY he use this as a defense if not in a court of law?

The only difference is you’re obfuscating your statements and I’m asking where you intended Horn to possibly use the neighborhood watch as a defense.

Do you see the actual issue? You’re answering a question that was never asked.

Old 12-18-2007, 12:13 PM

Quote:
You'er right I did get you mixed up with someone else...so it might not be a good idea for you to rob one of my neighbors !
I'll be sure to wear a bullet proof vest on my back if I do.

Old 12-18-2007, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Again, where MAY he use this as a defense if not in a court of law?

The only difference is you’re obfuscating your statements and I’m asking where you intended Horn to possibly use the neighborhood watch as a defense.

Do you see the actual issue? You’re answering a question that was never asked.
First of all I NEVER said I intened for it to be used anywhere...I just said as I have already said that it MAY be used as a defense...I never said that IT will be used..

I'm going back to the Strip Club thread, seems to be more reasonable people there ! Even liberals hand out dollards there!

Old 12-18-2007, 12:21 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,399,779 times
Quote:
So you think that “Watch” may also mean “confront suspects burglarizing another persons property with a gun and shoot them in the back”? Nice diversion but that has never been a definition for “watch” and if it the sheriffs department in texas or any other state had that as a definition, we’d hear about it.

A grand jury only decides if there is enough evidence for an indictment. They do not consider valid or invalid defenses, that is what a trial is for.

But you would know more about it than the actual author of the bill, is that what your stating?
Dude, what is your problem? I didn't ask for your attitude and I sure didn't give you any to justify your snottiness. I'm not defending the possible defense, motives, or anything else--I'm just saying what the media here is saying--that it might be used as a defense. And hate to break it to ya, but the Grand Jury is going to decide whether or not Mr. Horn committed enough of a crime to charge him. That means--hey--they actually have to look at the Castle Doctrine. Wow! What a revelation.

I really could care less what Wentworth said was INTENDED. The Castle Doctrine states NEIGHBORS are protected under the law in certain circumstances. If you don't like it, take it up with Senator Wentworth, the Supreme Court, whatever-- but don't take it out on me.

Last edited by NewToCA; 12-19-2007 at 07:36 AM.. Reason: copyright issue

Old 12-18-2007, 12:27 PM

MOM, what the dude is doing is taking things people say and tries to turn it into something that person did not say...Even when he was quoting you he tried that...I knew what you meant but he was trying to make as if you said something else... Good luck with him..

Old 12-18-2007, 12:30 PM

Quote:
First of all I NEVER said I intened for it to be used anywhere...I just said as I have already said that it MAY be used as a defense...I never said that IT will be used..

I'm going back to the Strip Club thread, seems to be more reasonable people there ! Even liberals hand out dollards there!
Do you enjoy answering questions that were never asked?

You still never stated where Horn MAY use the defense. All you answer is that you never intended it be used. Two different issues. It would be the same as if I asked you where you wanted to eat and you answer “I never intended to eat at a hamburger place”, so I ask “ok, where did you intend to eat” and you then reply again “I said I may be hungry but not that I want to eat a hamburger”. Not an answer to a question that was asked.

Have fun at the club, you don’t have to use your mind there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies