Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2014, 10:05 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,726,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Hey Barrack...... how about you break out the details of that fuzzy math ?

Tell us who's been signing up. Why don't you give us your best estimate ?
He's using Common Core math. You know, where 4 x 3=11 can be the right answer as long as you can explain it confidently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2014, 10:07 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
First off that isn't how you presented the information. You presented like conservatives always do, this group of people they are the problem and if you remove "those people", falsehood, lie, prejudice ignorance rinse and repeat.
Firstly I'm not the one that brought up the violence in the inner cities, it's a valid point though. If you are going to discuss statistics you need to know how you arrived at those numbers and what they represent. The high rate of murders in the inner city are not the only variable but it's one of them.

Why is it when I say violence in the inner cities drives down the life expectancy you're going to allude to racism but when I say rural people in car accidents drive down life expectancy that 's fine?

These are both facts, deal with them or stick your head in the sand but that's not going to change what they are.

Old 04-01-2014, 10:09 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
How many are still uninsured? Why is a ridiculous number like 7.1 million a magic number that Obama thinks will prove that it will work?

Old 04-01-2014, 10:12 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,294,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Facts are not prejudiced. Obviously few things you post fall into that catagory as you refuse to defend your words.

I believe we should end our wars, bring the soldiers home, use that money to fund health care. Eliminate the middle.man and address and reform all cost angles to bring those costs down.

To you because that does not look anything like Obamacare I'm an evil conservative.
You have no facts. You have a gut feeling based on your personal ignorance and prejudices.

Wow now you want to switch to the ACA. Lol

I don't care about the ACA in terms of defending it against better policies, but of course those better policies aren't going anywhere because conservatives don't give a damn about insuring more people.

In fact sort of like you blaming our life expectancy on "inner city youths", conservatives blame our healthcare problems on poor people.

conservatives will say things like if you take out all the illegals then our health care is great. If you discount all the welfare cases our healthcare is great.

Sound familiar? This is how conservatives think and understand the world. conservatives always attack some group of Americans as the problem and say screw em.

Old 04-01-2014, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Firstly I'm not the one that brought up the violence in the inner cities, it's a valid point though. If you are going to discuss statistics you need to know how you arrived at those numbers and what they represent. The high rate of murders in the inner city are not the only variable but it's one of them.

Why is it when I say violence in the inner cities drives down the life expectancy you're going to allude to racism but when I say rural people in car accidents drive down life expectancy that 's fine?

These are both facts, deal with them or stick your head in the sand but that's not going to change what they are.
Yes I posted before I read who responded to me. Screen names are kind of irrelevant to me. I rarely look at them. My bad.

The rest of your post is a repeat of your false and ignorant beliefs. Why retread old ground?

Old 04-01-2014, 10:18 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
You have no facts. You have a gut feeling based on your personal ignorance and prejudices.

Wow now you want to switch to the ACA. Lol

I don't care about the ACA in terms of defending it against better policies, but of course those better policies aren't going anywhere because conservatives don't give a damn about insuring more people.
Totally irrelevant. You don't want to discuss what I say so you fall back on "evil conservatives".

Quote:
In fact sort of like you blaming our life expectancy on "inner city youths", conservatives blame our healthcare problems on poor people.
Its already been pointed out to you that nobody said it was "the reason" but it is "a" reason.

Quote:
conservatives will say things like if you take out all the illegals then our health care is great. If you discount all the welfare cases our healthcare is great.

Sound familiar? This is how conservatives think and understand the world. conservatives always attack some group of Americans as the problem and say screw em.
Physical heal thyself.

Old 04-01-2014, 10:22 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Yes I posted before I read who responded to me. Screen names are kind of irrelevant to me.
This is not surprising.

Old 04-01-2014, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Totally irrelevant. You don't want to discuss what I say so you fall back on "evil conservatives".

Its already been pointed out to you that nobody said it was "the reason" but it is "a" reason.

Physical heal thyself.
This discussion is boring. You aren't saying anything and you have moved into the most irrelevant stage of the discussion attempting to make the discussion about a screen name.

Old 04-01-2014, 11:14 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
Default Breakdown of the esimated 40 million uninsured

This is a 2006 article breaking out the estimated 40 million uninsured. It goes some way to explain why there is still an uninsured gap with Obamacare.

- at any one time 20 million are temporarily without insurance - between jobs, cost, no longer covered by parents...
- 10 million illegal aliens
- 4-5 million Medicaid under count
- 4-5 million non-believers (don't need or want insurance).
- 2-4 million Medicaid eligible but not enrolled

A Myth of Modern Medicine: 'There are 40 million Americans with No Access to Health Care' :: Article - EntToday
http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/fil...-uninsured.pdf

Old 04-02-2014, 12:37 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
I'm all ears on this one, please explain considering our results are less than mediocre. Maybe if one has great insurance or extremely wealthy it is pretty good, for the rest of the 45-50% it sucks! Even then because of the "Fee for Service" system, you can get put through the wringer with needless tests and procedures.
Again, only the extreme political hacks think we have the best system in the world.
we have the best medical equipment in this country, in fact we design that equipment. our doctors lead the world in developing new procedures and new treatments, our pharmaceutical companies produce many new medications each year. the problem however is the insurance companies, and the federal government. many of these new items are considered experimental, and thus no one but the rich pay for them for a while, until they become mainstream.

as for testing, again talk to the lawyers, and insurance companies, and the governments. its called defensive medicine, and doctors have been practicing it for sometime now to prevent being sued. malpractice insurance is expensive as heck, as i recall the average yearly premium for a surgeons malpractice insurance is on the order of $200,000. in some places it is even higher, i have heard of $600,000 yearly premiums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Ahh yes this old debunked argument.

In states where we have put in limits on awards theres been virtually no change in cost. FACT.
its not just the jury awards that we have to deal with. anytime a doctor is sued, his malpractice insurance rates go up because the insurance company is defending the doctor. and many times the smaller lawsuits are just paid off instead of going to trial to minimize the amount of money the insurance company pays out. so yes, the doctors figure in their malpractice insurance rates when they set their fee schedule. and nurses have to carry malpractice insurance as well, and they can pay up to $10,000 per year, or more. so when you stop just looking at what the courts award in litigation, we can start to talk about ways to get the cost of malpractice insurance down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies