Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 04:41 PM

119 posts, read 215,347 times

Advertisements

Compulsory car and health insurance.

Hidden taxes on almost everything.

We are forced to deal with the IRS constantly, and they are definitely an oppressive and corrupt organization.

Property taxes

Constant surveillance of ALL our communications and actions. If you are doing something naughty in the privacy of your own bedroom. It is likely you are being watch by federal agents with infrared.

The federal reserve printing money like it's nothing, throwing hundreds of billions of dollars around and not enough being transparent about where it goes.

We are just getting shafted more and more. It seems like every couple years some expense or inconvenience is forced upon us.

When will it end? When will people say enough is enough and demand we clean up this system?

I guess as long as there are rich and powerful people profiting off this corrupt system, they will keep it going.

America... It used to be the land of the free. Now it is simply the land of $$$$$. That's all it's really about anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2014, 04:44 PM

4,512 posts, read 5,054,158 times
It's still the land of the free, but just free for the illegals and those that have been on welfare for generations.

Old 03-31-2014, 04:46 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,137,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingAndSettling View Post

We are forced to deal with the IRS constantly, and they are definitely an oppressive and corrupt organization.

Property taxes

Constant surveillance of ALL our communications and actions. If you are doing something naughty in the privacy of your own bedroom. It is likely you are being watch by federal agents with infrared.

The federal reserve printing money like it's nothing, throwing hundreds of billions of dollars around and not enough being transparent about where it goes.

We are just getting shafted more and more. It seems like every couple years some expense or inconvenience is forced upon us.

When will it end? When will people say enough is enough and demand we clean up this system?

I guess as long as there are rich and powerful people profiting off this corrupt system, they will keep it going.

America... It used to be the land of the free. Now it is simply the land of $$$$$. That's all it's really about anymore.
It's a Twister! - YouTube

Old 03-31-2014, 04:52 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingAndSettling View Post
Oh noes! In order to drive a car and actually cover someone you hurt you have to have insurance. OH THE INHUMANITY!

And OMg you mean we dont want everyone else to pay for your healthcare. WOE!

Quote:
Fair enough, we should have a simpler tax code. Our tax burden is considered extremely low for a developed nation though....

Quote:
Oppressive? Really? And when was the last time you bribed one? Yeah....I dont think you really understand oppression and corruption.

Quote:
Property taxes
GASP! PAying for schools, fire departments and police! Oh the horror!

Quote:
No its not very likely at all. Possible, but they do have better things to do. Now your email and phone calls...thats a different story entirely, and one I am upset about. Your blatent conspiracy fear mongering makes it harder for people to pay attention to serious and real threats like email and phone monitoring.

Quote:
Agreed.

Quote:
Simpler wont change us being shafted. Look at where the money goes in the end if you want to know by whom. And no its not the 1%, its the .01%.
Quote:
Dunno, but it would help if people were rational about it, unlike most of this post.

Quote:

Yup, I agree. Its why so many people talking here about how unfair it would be to stop making the rich richer annoy me.

Old 03-31-2014, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
It's still the land of the free, but just free for the illegals and those that have been on welfare for generations.
Ahhh yes...this statement demonstrating how out of touch the poster is with reality always amuses me.

generational welfare is past. Its limited to 5 years for the vast majority, after which...no more welfare for you!

Old 03-31-2014, 04:57 PM

2,821 posts, read 2,111,688 times
Even with all of that . . . There no other place that I would rather live.

Old 03-31-2014, 04:59 PM

4,512 posts, read 5,054,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Ahhh yes...this statement demonstrating how out of touch the poster is with reality always amuses me.

generational welfare is past. Its limited to 5 years for the vast majority, after which...no more welfare for you!
You're right, but every kid of the original welfare person, is now on welfare and their kids will be on it next.

Old 03-31-2014, 05:07 PM

Quote:
You're right, but every kid of the original welfare person, is now on welfare and their kids will be on it next.
*checks

NOPE. I'm not. Nor is one of my sisters. The third gets food stamps though, I suppose that counts.

Hmm....*checks childhood friend whose parents was on welfare
Nope he isnt either, did join the marines, and is now a supervisor at a company. Not rich, but not bad.

Oh look, you're full of false propaganda.

Why dont you go study up some, and recognize the REAL numbers.

Old 03-31-2014, 05:08 PM

119 posts, read 215,347 times
Haha. Gotta love politics forums. Full of angry, raging people typing furiously. Entertainment....

Anyone who thinks that things in the US are fine and dandy at this point has gotta be seriously mislead in my opinion. The actions of the federal reserve alone are enough to make you realize the absurdity of it all.

The US Government is very, very, VERY huge and powerful. We don't stand a chance against it.

Old 03-31-2014, 05:11 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,178,983 times
Quote:

This is so, so true......unfortunately
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies