Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 10:11 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,294,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
A very common thing that conservatives do?

Republicans want to bring back Jim Crow laws. All the stories about people being hurt by Obamacare are lies made up for political reasons. George Bush fabricated the intelligence reports of WMD in Iraq so that he could invade. Voter ID laws are a nationwide effort to keep black people from voting. People who voted against Obama really liked his policies but voted against him because they're racists. Republicans oppose Obamacare because they want poor and elderly people to die.

Yeah, wild conspiracy theories with no facts backing them up are a conservative thing. Liberals would never do that.
Yes wild conspiracy theories are the life blood of conservative media and much of conservative policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2014, 10:15 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,428,238 times
If you google Abdulrahman Alharbi site:www.theblaze.com - Breaking news and opinion[/url] it looks like he's still on the site

*sigh* take out the - Breaking news... part

Old 03-31-2014, 10:34 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
I don't have a dog in this fight, but I am sure this is not the first time or the last that Beck has been sued and I am equally sure that it will not have much of an affect on his program. Cost of doing business.

Old 04-01-2014, 10:35 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,460,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Yes wild conspiracy theories are the life blood of conservative media and much of conservative policy.
The irony in that sentence is so thick you couldn't cut it with a knife. Pot, meet kettle.

Old 04-01-2014, 10:44 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
And then promptly removed. So no I wouldn't. In fact were it not for Glen Beck its entirely possible that would never have made the news at all.

Its one thing when the govt says "oh yeah this guy we're talking to him-but he isn't a person of interest." And then says "yeah no problem" Its another when some maniac with 3 million followers claims you're a bad bad man, that he has secret evidence of it, and that you're a terrorist.

One says "yeah out of caution we investigated and this guys ok"
The other says "OMG BAD man, secret info that I can't reveal, TERRORIST"
So the fact that he was removed from the terrorist watch list promptly, means he no damage is done?

Why do you keep justifying government defaming individuals?

Old 04-01-2014, 10:45 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
This from the poster who last night tried to tell me that when Obama said each family would save $2500 on their premiums, he actually meant they would go up $2500, because they could have gone up $5000 and thus you are saving money..

I'll never stop laughing over that one...

Old 04-01-2014, 10:51 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,957,230 times
Whatever happened to the lawsuit filed by the parents of that girl that went missing back in 1990?

Old 04-01-2014, 11:10 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Good one! Another "everything you read on the internet is true."

In other words, "surely, you jest!"
Ehm - that's kinda what defamation is - spreading malicious untruths. Glenn Beck, for reasons way beyond my understanding, has a multi-million audience that considers him trustworthy. He used that channel to defame a private individual.

Old 04-01-2014, 11:14 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So the fact that he was removed from the terrorist watch list promptly, means he no damage is done?

Why do you keep justifying government defaming individuals?
You need to work on your deflection skills.

Anyway, the first time it was made public that he had ever been on a watch list was when the government declared that he was no longer on it because " it was quickly determined he had nothing to do with the bombing" - that is your own citation, for crying out loud.

Old 04-01-2014, 11:15 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I don't watch Beck but if true, he deserves to be sued...
Agreed.

In general, I think there are way too many people on TV, radio and print, who defame and malign people, when they do not have all the facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies