Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 03:46 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
So you ignore the midterms?

You think there is partisan politics now, wait until the Senate swings right with the House.

Your idiot hero in the WH will be figuratively emasculated.
And he will still be the president and the CIC. So you think you're going to have 67 GOP seats in the Senate to override a presidential veto?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2014, 03:55 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
So you ignore the midterms?

You think there is partisan politics now, wait until the Senate swings right with the House.

Your idiot hero in the WH will be figuratively emasculated.
Even if there were 100 GOP Senators, they couldn't kick gays out of the military. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Old 04-01-2014, 03:56 PM

650 posts, read 514,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
And if anyone was forcibly removed from the military for saying he liked blondes - or by saying he went on a date with a blonde - or by having a photo of a blonde in his locker - then you might have had a point.

An honest answer to "What did you do over the week-end?" ("Went on a date with my girlfriend/boyfriend") could be a career-ending event until DADT was abolished. That's no way to treat people.

I don't think guys go around telling people they are gay and the locker thing is telling if in the guys area, so its not just a pic, its something else as well. Anyway its not something I wanna get into a big deal about and an opinion, over and out.

Last edited by alexcanter; 04-01-2014 at 04:11 PM..

Old 04-01-2014, 04:04 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Another April Fools thread I assume?

Old 04-01-2014, 04:59 PM

46,948 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcanter View Post
I don't think guys go around telling people they are gay and the locker thing is telling if in the guys area, so its not just a pic, its something else as well.
Like ending a voicemail with "I love you"?

The elite gay Navy SEAL who had his career ruined by an 'I love you' voicemail message | Mail Online

One SEAL's career broken like a matchstick. This is right, in your opinion?

Old 04-01-2014, 05:08 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,941,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Many of our men of honor are, and have been gay. I don't see the big deal here. The president is cic, so he is within his authority to say what he did. No different than my boss telling me to conform or find another job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That's exactly what the president is supposed to do...lay down the law.These flag officers have gotten a bit too big for their britches over the last 30 or so years. Time to lay the smackdown.

Follow orders, or resign. Their job is to advise. Once the decision is made, **** and get to steppin'...pronto!

He should've shown the resisters their resignation letters with ink pens sitting next to them. You know..all typed up waiting for their siggys if they wanna be stupid about the matter.

Way to go Mr. President.
^^^^^^^^

Exactly right.

I cannot "rep" either of you two enough.

Old 04-01-2014, 05:22 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
So Obama threatens our men of honor.

Between a rock and a hard spot -- either you comply or get fired and loose 30 years of pensions.
They should have called him on it and offered the resignations - once they gave in once, they are useless and have violated their Oaths.
At the end of the day, it won't matter - Over 200 top Commanders purged since 2009.

I didn't agree with Don't Ask, don't tell - but threatening our Military Leaders over a Law that was passed by Congress and signed by President Clinton is wrong on so many levels. There is NO need of threats if Congress repeals the law OR the Supreme Court over-turns it, but Obama can't be bothered by those Pesky things called Law and Judicial process.

Threats & Lies are more his style. It's all he knows, it's the Chicago Way.

Old 04-01-2014, 05:34 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,941,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post

I didn't agree with Don't Ask, don't tell - but threatening our Military Leaders over a Law that was passed by Congress and signed by President Clinton is wrong on so many levels. There is NO need of threats if Congress repeals the law OR the Supreme Court over-turns it, but Obama can't be bothered by those Pesky things called Law and Judicial process.
It seems to me it is the extreme Neo-Conservatives that are screaming bloody murder over the recent rulings coming from the Federal Courts, US District Court of Appeals, and the US Supreme Court's rulings on anything that has to do with gay rights. In the year since SCOTUS' rulings on both the Windsor and Hollingsworth cases the legal scoreboard has been running 16 - 0 in favor of the gay rights supporters.

Old 04-01-2014, 05:40 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,431,123 times
Obama did not come up with this idea. Whether you agree or not, The Gay Rights movement was initiated long before his administration. Nice try OP, at blaming what you dislike about life on the President.

Old 04-01-2014, 06:03 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Actually Obama went to court to oppose the removal of DADT, he only repealed it after a court ordered him to.

Dont let Democrats rewrite history into Obama being some big pro gay advocate, he even opposed gay marriage.
You are WRONG - there was never a Supreme Court ruling about Don't Ask, Don't Tell. This was a Legislative action on December 18, 2010, before the new 2010 elections sent the Democrats to the minority. It was one of those end of the year things that Congress does so they can go home for Christmas.

Don't Ask, Don't Tell Repeal Act of 2010

The issue in this case is NOT about whether Don't Ask, Don't tell should have been repealed - it's about the President of the United States forcing the Military Leadership - all the Joint Staffs to violate their OATH to follow the Laws of the USA and give in to the whim of the President - OR resign from office.

This is the same President that stated in an interview in December of 2008 that he would never make repeal of DOMA a "litmus test" to his Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Back to “don’t ask, don’t tell” real quick -- you’ve said before you don’t think that’s a heavy lift. Of course, it would be if you had Joint Chiefs who were against repeal. Is that something you’ll look at? "I would never make this a litmus test for the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Obviously, there are so many issues that a member of the Joint Chiefs has to deal with, and my paramount obligation is to get the best possible people to keep America safe."

Add this one to the Obama LIE column.

I disagreed with DOMA the day it was passed and never wavered on that - it is absolutely WRONG to discriminate against Gay Americans because of what they may or may not do in the privacy of their bedrooms. So this is the real question - what is more wrong? Discrimination that is passed by Congress and signed by a President (in this case, Bill Clinton), OR is it more wrong to have a sitting President that has no respect for the "Law of the Land" and uses his power to threaten American citizens (in this case the Military Joint Chiefs of Staff)?

Bad Law can be overturned by Congress or the Supreme Court - what do we do with a Bad President who believes he is above the Law and uses his power to threaten citizens? We have a serious problem and nobody really wants to face that. This same administration has continues to threaten citizens - the IRS Target program is a great example of that. It's no wonder that people are afraid of him - his Oath of Office is meaningless to him and he has no compunction about using his power against the US Citizens on his whim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies