Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 06:08 AM

57,264 posts, read 26,199,434 times

Advertisements

These political organizations should not be allowed 501c4 status period, republican or democratic they are corrupting the system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2014, 06:31 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
A bridge is closed for a couple of hours vs. IRS intimidation.

Which is more harmful to our nation????
It's ironic that the media spent far more effort and time focusing on the actions of one low level state employee that inconvenienced drivers for a couple hours than they did systemic corruption and focused intimidation by an agency of the federal government. We heard for weeks about drivers stuck in traffic...but a IRS administrator that refuses to answer questions from congress? Crickets.

The degree of corruption and incompetence in this administration is unlike anything in my lifetime, if not the history of the country. As is the complicity of the MSM.

Old 04-03-2014, 06:37 AM

45,230 posts, read 26,437,203 times
I give the crook bonus points for being honest.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:09 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
It's ironic that the media spent far more effort and time focusing on the actions of one low level state employee that inconvenienced drivers for a couple hours than they did systemic corruption and focused intimidation by an agency of the federal government. We heard for weeks about drivers stuck in traffic...but a IRS administrator that refuses to answer questions from congress? Crickets.

The degree of corruption and incompetence in this administration is unlike anything in my lifetime, if not the history of the country. As is the complicity of the MSM.
True, but I do not just focus on this administration. It is prevelant throughout all of Government. The difference is as you stated, the MSM and its coverage.
If the IRS were attacking progressive groups under Bush the MSM would be out with pitchforks.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:12 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,051,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Unfortunately, not surprising anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
True, but I do not just focus on this administration. It is prevelant throughout all of Government. The difference is as you stated, the MSM and its coverage.
If the IRS were attacking progressive groups under Bush the MSM would be out with pitchforks.
Yep.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:24 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,728,879 times
From the article:

Quote:
"Let's say you're a person who doesn't believe in undisclosed money; let's say you're a person who doesn't want to go to a 501(c)(4) because you're worried maybe there'll be an IRS investigation sometime down the road," Schumer told reporters. "You can write one check to a joint committee of 232 House members and give them each the maximum."
That's amazing. He just admitted that if you gave to a conservative 501c4 you should be worried about an IRS investigation. He's upset that you can now give money without fear of being investigated! I'm sure the IRS will find ways to audit conservative donors, they just have to work a little harder now. That upsets poor Chuckie.

It amazes me that Democrats are okay with this. The IRS should never be used to attack people because of their political beliefs.

And I completely agree with Cleta Mitchell:
Quote:
"These things should be totally unrelated, had the IRS not put itself in the position of doing the bidding of people like Chuck Schumer," Mitchell told the Washington Examiner.
"It's just further evidence, in my opinion, of ... how the IRS is carrying out the directives of the Democrats in Congress and the White House, that the IRS has just become the enforcer for the Democrats, and that [Schumer] feels perfectly comfortable conflating campaign finance and political activity with something that the IRS is going to do to intimidate donors," Mitchell said.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:42 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
I guess the court should have narrowed the ruling to only the Democratic party.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:47 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,782,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Liberals seem to be avoiding posting in this thread.
As I said, they can't have anyone straying off the plantation. Everyone's stories MUST match... or else normal people will start noticing someone is lying.

Poor little chuckie slipped up, and let out a hint of the truth. Now the rest of the leftist fanatics won't touch him with a ten-foot pole.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:26 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
I despise politicians that do things for the sole intent to get back at those on the other side of the fence. What Schumer said does not get Christie off the hook but indeed the two things are quite different in what they did.

What Christie did shows that he has no business running the country. No major harm done. What the IRS did was very harmful to the country and the stonewalling by this administration has made it multiples times worse. People suspected that the IRS was corrupt but now they know they are. That we now know we can not trust the IRS to be fair has done a lot of damage to the country.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:08 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
I been saying it for a while and will say it again.. Liberals need to be sent off to an island very far away and let them be together with each other.
California was named after a mythical island - and it is infested with liberals.

It has already happened - sadly.

This once was truly the Golden State.

Does anyone have a can of RAID?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies