Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 05:50 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
so now we can believe everything we see on facebook, is that what you are trying to tell us? Well ask my husband or my granddaughter. She is a nurse practitioner at a community clinic that deals with a large number of people who signed up for Obama care: they are shocked to learn most of the tests they need or should have are not being covered. Ask them: as for hubby, just this week we have been notified by mail that 2 of his doctors are going out of business due to Obamacare One is completely retiring and one is taking time off before going to work at the VA hospital where they don't deal with Obamacare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2014, 05:58 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
so now we can believe everything we see on facebook, is that what you are trying to tell us? Well ask my husband or my granddaughter. She is a nurse practitioner at a community clinic that deals with a large number of people who signed up for Obama care: they are shocked to learn most of the tests they need or should have are not being covered.
I hope she is telling them to make sure they vote in November.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:18 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
1. A website reponse does not constitute a cross sectional poll of the US

2. people with a motivation (one way or another) will respond to a website poll

3. Obamacare coverage has just begun
a. our practice is taking very few of the products from the exchanges, as they reimburse poorly
b. the impact of the penalties has not hit yet
c. the employers mandate has not been initiated
d. most of those "enrolled" are new Medicaid patients
e. few practices accept new medicaid patients

4. The economic impact on the economy has not (and will not) be seen until the employer mandate kicks in.

5. So far, more have been ejected from their healthplans and enrolled in plans with higher premiums and deductibles, except for medicaid and "subsidized plans" (which are being paid by those who now have to pay higher premiums and deductibles.

6. Young people still have not signed up yet in the volumes needed to subsidize the other plans. The result? Even higher premiums and deductibles for those who pay for insurance.

7. When the employer mandate hits, it will be cheaper to dump patients to medicaid and the exchanges, rather than to pay for healthcare, given the increased costs. It will be interesting to see. Perhaps the republicans will be able to repeal Obamacare when they take the Senate before we even see the 'employer mandate".

8. When people pay more for healthcare, they have less disposable income, thus lower consumer demand. This will not be good for the economy.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:19 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
just this week we have been notified by mail that 2 of his doctors are going out of business due to Obamacare One is completely retiring and one is taking time off before going to work at the VA hospital where they don't deal with Obamacare.
Sure. Of course they wrote you letters telling you all that

Old 04-04-2014, 06:21 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
so now we can believe everything we see on facebook, is that what you are trying to tell us? Well ask my husband or my granddaughter. She is a nurse practitioner at a community clinic that deals with a large number of people who signed up for Obama care: they are shocked to learn most of the tests they need or should have are not being covered. Ask them: as for hubby, just this week we have been notified by mail that 2 of his doctors are going out of business due to Obamacare One is completely retiring and one is taking time off before going to work at the VA hospital where they don't deal with Obamacare.
Yes, I think that most of the people posting there believe what they say. Just as I assume you also believe what you say.

But my reason for posting the link had nothing to do with whether or not their stories are factually true and complete. It has to do with Cruz asking a very open question and assuming that people posting to his FB page would of course produce the response he was fishing for. Not very smart, IMO. Or else he's smart, but also cluelessly arrogant.

No question that the ACA will cause changes in health care delivery. What we will all have to wait to see is whether those changes result in overall improvement. It's not a simple situation with a clear cut answer.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:22 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
so now we can believe everything we see on facebook, is that what you are trying to tell us? .
That was my thought as I opened this thread.

Facebook?

You're kidding me!

Old 04-04-2014, 06:29 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
That was my thought as I opened this thread.

Facebook?

You're kidding me!
Believe it or not, but Cruz did in fact open himself for honest discussion in Facebook. I doubt he'll do it again considering the beating he took there.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:31 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
He probably expected an honest dialog.

His mistake. A group of single digit IQ people posting flap on Facebook is hardly legitimate or credible.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:36 AM

957 posts, read 758,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Doesn't look like majority support to me.

For: 41%
Against: 51.9%

The last 7 presidents have been elected by a smaller margin.
With all the negativity from fraud news, lush windbag, the gop and the death panel crowd, what would you expect?
Never in my lifetime have I seen anyone as UN-American as as these messengers spreading falsehoods about a program designed to help the general public.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:40 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
He probably expected an honest dialog.

His mistake. A group of single digit IQ people posting flap on Facebook is hardly legitimate or credible.
Why do you think he isn't getting an honest response? And why are FB responses less legitimate or credible than, say, postings to city-data forums?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies