Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 05:55 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I said that I was wrong. I apologized.

That's not good enough?
I'm going to bookmark this page!!! I believe this might be a first for you.

Old 04-03-2014, 06:03 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Was there no Black men or women officers who had input on this decision ?

I would assume there were.
Why would you assume that? Based on what exactly?

In the world of difficulty with managing hair for military duty, black women are the outlier hands down. And in all my years of dealing with the military as a soldier, D.A. Civilian and now Contractor, I've never known black women to be consulted on much of anything regarding their hairstyle and practicality of the rules relative to black women.

However, it's important to note that there haven't been a lot of rule changes regarding hair in quite a while.

Black women had no real issues with the old rules per 670-1.They followed the rules and those rules seemed to be fairly reasonable.

It's the revised regulations that they have a problem with.

Old 04-03-2014, 06:04 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I'm going to bookmark this page!!! I believe this might be a first for you.
It isn't.

Old 04-03-2014, 06:26 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
Quote:
And in all my years of dealing with the military as a soldier, D.A. Civilian and now Contractor, I've never known black women to be consulted on much of anything regarding their hairstyle and practicality of the rules relative to black women.
The military is not in the business of consulting rank and file of either gender about hair. They don't care what individuals (or groups of individuals) think about standards that are set. They set the rules for men and they set the rules for women, and when you sign up you agree to abide by those established standards.

There are plenty of short hairstyles for black women that are both attractive and that meet standards. Just Google them. There are approved hairstyles for long hair that are both attractive and that meet standards. Black women - pick one. Stop whining. You're a representative of the United States Department of Defense for God's sake. Grow a set and suck it up.

Old 04-03-2014, 06:28 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
It isn't.
You mean you've done this ONCE before???

Old 04-03-2014, 06:46 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Surprising that the military lowered the standards when it was convenient. - taking anyone who had a pulse to fight in Iraq and Afghanistan, and now with Afghanistan winding down, they want to institute "standards". The "standards" for grooming and uniforms are the same standards that existed long before 9/11.

It's official: Army's new appearance reg takes effect | Army Times | armytimes.com
WOW...a lot of misinformation....

So, when they lowered the standards to get into the Army, that did not relieve them of the standards of AR670-1.....not sure how anyone could mix those up except for someone who has never served.

Quote:
Exactly who were you "baby sitting"? Would those be the ones the army recruited for the Afghanistan and Iraq War because they had a pulse??
Those whiny ass kids who would not make there bed, take out the trash, make it to formation on time....would you like me to go on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies