Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2014, 12:16 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,419,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
How does either dying or voting become a "clerical error" ?

Did the doctor put the wrong date on the death certificate ?
The the voter place have the wrong date on all the machines ?

"Oh..a clerk just typed in the date wrong" with a wave of the hand and *poof*..we have no problem.

Keep ignoring this as most state governments do and the US will end up with a leader that none of the people actually wanted.

It goes for both D and R here.
Lots of ways. Clerks can input wrong data in handing out ballots, in every article posted the BoE people say this kind of thing happens.

In fact after the recent GOP gerrymandering in North Carolina it is estimated that a lot of people who lived in split precincts were given incorrect ballots based on clerical errors and voted in elections they should not have.

Old 04-03-2014, 12:23 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egbert View Post
So you believe that people who happen to have the same name as another voter in another state shouldn't be allowed to vote? Even though they are different people as evidenced by their SSN numbers.

DO you believe dead people should be able to vote....

Old 04-03-2014, 12:23 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I believe that if you share a name, birthday and SSN and you are voting in 2 states someone should check into case to figure out what's going on. Do you know what the odds are of finding people in 2 different states with the exact same name and birthday a couple thousand times and it NOT being the same person?
Well, the SSN brings down the probability a lot, even when we're actually only comparing the last four digits and not the whole SSN. After all, since there are only 10,000 possible 4 digit number combinations, the average last 4 of any American's SSN is shared by about 31,000 other people.

But the fact that this helps reduce the probability is shown by the fact that while almost 36,000 matches were found for names and DOBs, less than 800 of those 36,000 also matched last four of the SSN.

Now, DOB is a little tougher. There are 365 potential birth-dates, and the average American has a life expectancy at birth of 80 years... so will have an average voting career of 62 years. So the odds of sharing the DOB is one in 22,630 (365X62). So, every voter will share their date of birth with about 10,640 other people of eligible voting age. And in fact, it has been calculated that in any random group of 150 people, the odds that two of them same the same birth-dates (month, day and year) is 50%.

As to the name thing... well, it depends on the name. There are over 2 1/2 million "Smiths" in the US alone, and more than 2 million "Johnsons." Since the Crosscheck database only has first and last names (not middle names or initials) it will match any William Smith with any other William Smith, even those with different middle names.

An analysis on this exact problem performed by the Brennan Center back in 2005 on voter records from New Jersey looked at the name "Robert Smith."

Quote:
Imagine that our group contains all of the registered New Jersey voters with a given first name and last name – such as all of the 417 Robert Smiths who are listed on New Jersey records as voting in 2004. The probability that at least two of these 417 individuals have the same birth date – day, month, and year – approaches 100%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow
Don't be stupid, there is plenty enough proof in this story alone to warrant an investigation and anyone who claims there isn't is simply lying for political gain.
That's one possibility. Another is that the person who claims there isn't is just good at math.

Old 04-03-2014, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Down the conspiracy hole you go, little rabbit.

Really, just look at the responses in this thread....

Old 04-03-2014, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
All you have to do is prove what you say....so show me......where I have been provide factual evidence (of what ever) that proves I was wrong and then I still said I was right....
This thread.

Old 04-03-2014, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
How many fraudulent votes do you consider permissible? Is it 8 for every 1000? Would 9 be too many?
or 100?

What nonsense. Voter fraud is fraud. Period.
So you also believe that if you happen to share the same name and birthday of another voter somewhere else you shouldn't be allowed to vote because its fraud period.

I hope you don't have the same name and birthday as some voter in California because in that case you are committing fraud by your definition.

the 8/1000 number is just that people who have the same name and birthday but different SSN numbers. Of course that number is a lot sexier to people who want to promote the idea of widespread fraud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
You repeatedly defend voter fraud when it benefits your candidates and you fight against any effort anyone makes to investigate and prevent that fraud therefore I've got no time to deal with your ignorant BS.
This is of course a silly and childish lie.

I have never defended voter fraud.

Period.

12,638 posts, read 8,953,334 times
Unsurprisingly, the same tired defenders of this failed administration are the people defending voter fraud.

Is there any doubt as to why that might be the case? No.

Old 04-03-2014, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
This thread.
What factual evidence have you provided to disprove any of these links....

Tic-Toc....I'll be waiting again, because you failed on this try....

Old 04-03-2014, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
DO you believe dead people should be able to vote....
No, but they aren't as every article posted says the only "dead voters" are clerical errors and seniors who voted early and died before election day. With that said I am not going to tell a senior they cannot early vote because they might die before election day...would you support doing that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies