Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 12:00 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times

Advertisements

I tend to agree with Andrew Sullivan when it comes to many of these issues - he has been fighting for Equal Rights for all Gay Americans for decades.

Quote:
The Hounding Of A Heretic - APR 3 2014 @ 5:03PM
The whole episode disgusts me – as it should disgust anyone interested in a tolerant and diverse society. If this is the gay rights movement today – hounding our opponents with a fanaticism more like the religious right than anyone else – then count me out. If we are about intimidating the free speech of others, we are no better than the anti-gay bullies who came before us.
I'm betting that Sullivan has the same concerns that I do -- at some point there is going to be a backlash to these activist bullies and so much hard fought ground will be lost. Who will they go after next? The entire list of anyone who donated $100 or more was printed in a searchable data base in the LA Times.

Scary times we live in.

Old 04-04-2014, 12:23 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I tend to agree with Andrew Sullivan when it comes to many of these issues - he has been fighting for Equal Rights for all Gay Americans for decades.

I'm betting that Sullivan has the same concerns that I do -- at some point there is going to be a backlash to these activist bullies and so much hard fought ground will be lost. Who will they go after next? The entire list of anyone who donated $100 or more was printed in a searchable data base in the LA Times.

Scary times we live in.
Totally agree with him and you. Eventually, there will be a backlash. I'm not sure where or when that point will be, but it is definitely headed in that direction. Anyone who thinks that once tolerance or progress has occurred that it can't be turned back, need only look at at Iran. In the early 70's Iranian women didn't wear veils and were considered some of the most sensual women on Earth. Don't delude yourself that it can't happen here.

Old 04-04-2014, 01:26 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,634,911 times
The homosexual militant bullies are rejoicing now that they have not only silenced someone they disagree with but the icing on their cake is that they cost him his job as well. They wish they could perpetrate this on everyone else who refuses to allow themselves to be bullied into unwilling compliance.

Last edited by JobZombie; 04-04-2014 at 01:39 AM..

Old 04-04-2014, 02:07 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
The homosexual militant bullies are rejoicing now that they have not only silenced someone they disagree with but the icing on their cake is that they cost him his job as well. They wish they could perpetrate this on everyone else who refuses to allow themselves to be bullied into unwilling compliance.
Then how do you yourself keep from associating with homosexuals? Many of them still won't come out and tell people that's what they are.

Old 04-04-2014, 05:10 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,391,086 times
Another company bullied by the Pink Hand. Is everyone going to boycott JavaScript as well?

Old 04-04-2014, 05:24 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
and if conservatives would boycott a company until it fired a pro same sex "marriage" CEO?

Call it tolerance.
Or, they just don't give a crap.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:01 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,858,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post

Scary times we live in.

I tend to agree with you on this.

It seems that the tail is now wagging the dog, and yes, that often does lead to backlash.

We do live in some rather scary times....

Old 04-04-2014, 06:17 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
From what I understand, this was not an individual "boycott", but rather a matchmaking website blocking their members from using Mozilla.

That sounds like something Hitler would do.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:25 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
From what I understand, this was not an individual "boycott", but rather a matchmaking website blocking their members from using Mozilla.

That sounds like something Hitler would do.

No.
They had a banner, telling not to use Modzilla.
It went viral on chat boards like this.

The guy that created Modzilla and Java

Old 04-04-2014, 06:30 AM

5,734 posts, read 3,252,087 times
Yes bullying does work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Yes it does work. The government didn't have to force anyone to do anything here.

Good or those who stuck together and accomplished something. They are a good example for others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies