Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2014, 09:38 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
There is "no right" for homosexual's to marry.
But there is a Constitutional right of equal protection under the law.

So, if a state passes a civil marriage law, then yes, homosexuals have the right to marry. The Constitution requires that homosexuals be treated equally under that law and have equal access to it.

Old 04-07-2014, 09:40 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassy001 View Post
This does go both ways.

Homosexuals might be jumping up and down because this man lost his job because of his PERSONAL views. But, is this not the VERY thing that you say you are fighting for? The RIGHT to have YOUR PERSONAL VIEWS and NOT be JUDGED because of them?

How do this make me a bigot and not you?
They're fighting for their right to have the same legal rights as other citizens, not for "personal views." Unless you consider being legally discriminated against a "personal view."

Nice try at deflection. Or do you really not get it, after all this time?

Old 04-07-2014, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
There is "no right" for homosexual's to marry. It's all about accept a lifestyle or we will punish you, including destroying your life.
Yes there is. 1000+, in fact. Those are the federal benefits granted to straight couples to marry, which are not granted to gay couples in many states.

Either you eliminate them for the straight couples, or give them to gay couples. Otherwise, the government is discriminating against specific citizens, and that's about as anti-American as you can get.

The Constitution makes excellent reading.

Old 04-07-2014, 09:43 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
Default #Uninstall Mozilla in support of Free Speech

The Liberal Gulag
The Brendan Eich case brings out the nature of liberal fascism.

The Hounding Of A Heretic, Ctd « The Dish

Articles: What Mozilla Has Taught Us
Gay contrarian Andrew Sullivan anticipates the likely future. “Why not the stocks?” he asks. “The whole episode disgusts me – as it should disgust anyone interested in a tolerant and diverse society. If this is the gay rights movement today – hounding our opponents with a fanaticism more like the religious right than anyone else – then count me out.”
Many free browser alternatives to Mozilla here.

If you're a web designer and think you need Mozilla to test compatibility consider browsershots.org — great tool.

Old 04-07-2014, 09:43 AM

872 posts, read 827,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
They're fighting for their right to have the same legal rights as other citizens, not for "personal views." Unless you consider being legally discriminated against a "personal view."

Nice try at deflection. Or do you really not get it, after all this time?
Legally discriminated?? Is that like being kinda pregnant?

Old 04-07-2014, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassy001 View Post
Legally discriminated?? Is that like being kinda pregnant?

That makes no sense.

Legal discrimination is what we have now. The government has laws prohibiting gays from enjoying government benefits that others are permitted to have. That's the government legally discriminating against gays.

Time to remove those laws that make such discrimination legal.

And I see that yes, the answer is that you still don't get it, even though you post about it constantly.

Old 04-07-2014, 09:48 AM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
ZZZZZ....almost 100 years ago WC Fields warned people not to mix business and politics or risk alienating potential customers.

<shrug>

Old 04-07-2014, 09:52 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
...and the folks in the gay rights movement wonder why people, who might normally agree with them on some issues, are instead, hardening their hearts against the entire gay agenda, and deciding to oppose it on all fronts.
Totally. This is how I feel about the blacks. I use to be on board with their civil rights movement, but then they got all uppity and starting asking for crazy things like reparations. I now oppose civil rights for blacks on all fronts and support their re-enslavement.

Old 04-07-2014, 09:56 AM

1,074 posts, read 758,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
What next riots in street like in so many countries now days/I am sure he was given a package too good to pass up. Should happened to me.
I don't think any "package" offered him for his forced departure can begin to compensate him for the damage done to his reputation. He will be forever painted as a "bigot" (he is not) and a "hater" (he is not). Who will again hire him?

This was a shameful act on the part of Mozilla. They have destroyed one man's life in order to appease the real bigots, some who still work for the company (although I understand that their numbers within the company represent a clear minority).

I have to say that I wish Mozilla no future success. I look forward to their demise as a leading force in the industry. They no longer deserve the success that Brendan Eich created. He gave the company life. It is now time for Mozilla to retreat and disappear. No company should be allowed to treat anyone they way they treated Brendan Eich.

Old 04-07-2014, 10:01 AM

872 posts, read 827,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
But there is a Constitutional right of equal protection under the law.

So, if a state passes a civil marriage law, then yes, homosexuals have the right to marry. The Constitution requires that homosexuals be treated equally under that law and have equal access to it.
A person of the United States as has a right to vote/support on any proposition on a ballot. This is a right and each person should be treated equally, since it is a right. This means their views should not be used against them, regardless if their views are for or against the proposition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies