Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2014, 06:21 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times

Advertisements

Well the people spoke hammer. You may not agree but that is how things are done in a civilized society. Things have changed since too. My whole point on this post is how the "gay army" goes after a guy and you just say eh that is that. Why do you think that way. Do you think he has no "right" to believe what he does and if so why not? Eye for an eye? Well I thought you were better than that.

Old 04-07-2014, 06:24 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
What legal rights are you counted out on? Do tell me the thousands you claim. Like I said hey if you want to get married I'm all for it I don't care..............these "gay army" bullies is what bothers me. They should bother you too because they give folks like you a bad name. You seem to me to be a guy I'd sit down and have a beer with anytime.
Really? You're going to make me list some of these legal rights on this forum for like the 300th time (haven't you been paying attention to any of the dozens of gay marriage threads you've posted in)? If I have to, here are a few:

The right to sponsor your foreign born spouse for an immigration visa.
The right to sue for wrongful death in a court of law should someone negligently or intentionally kill your spouse.
The right to live in base housing or shop at the base commissary should your spouse join the military.
The right to make emergency medical decisions on the behalf of your spouse.
The right not to testify against your spouse in a criminal trial.
The right of automatic inheritance from your spouse should he die without a will.

etc, etc, etc, etc....

Old 04-07-2014, 06:27 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamencoFreak View Post
I don't know if Brendan Eich is a Christian, but are Christian views "divisive" now? Have you told Jesus he is a divisive bigot?
Conservative/fundamentalist Christian views are certainly divisive. But they don't follow the teachings of Jesus. They are more like the Pharisees that the gospels say Jesus called "Hypocrites! Pit of Vipers! Blind fools!"

Last edited by Ceist; 04-07-2014 at 07:05 PM..

Old 04-07-2014, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Well the people spoke hammer. You may not agree but that is how things are done in a civilized society.
Not in ours. We The People do not have the right to vote away Constitutional rights.

Quote:
My whole point on this post is how the "gay army" goes after a guy and you just say eh that is that. Why do you think that way.
First of all, I haven't said a damn thing about how I feel about this boycott. Secondly, the "gay army" and any other "army" absolutely has the right to exercise their 1st Amendment speech rights to try and effect a change.

Quote:
Do you think he has no "right" to believe what he does and if so why not?
Of course I don't believe that. This man has every right to believe whatever he wants.

Old 04-07-2014, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Really? You're going to make me list some of these legal rights on this forum for like the 300th time (haven't you been paying attention to any of the dozens of gay marriage threads you've posted in)? If I have to, here are a few:

The right to sponsor your foreign born spouse for an immigration visa.
The right to sue for wrongful death in a court of law should someone negligently or intentionally kill your spouse.
The right to live in base housing or shop at the base commissary should your spouse join the military.
The right to make emergency medical decisions on the behalf of your spouse.
The right not to testify against your spouse in a criminal trial.
The right of automatic inheritance from your spouse should he die without a will.

etc, etc, etc, etc....
No I don't post in "dozens" of gay marriage threads even though you apper to want me to. That is what you want............attention. Are you in the "gay army"? I didn't think you were but maybe you are a member.

None of those are rights spelled out in the big paper. Like I said though you get married I don't care and am fine with it. Why you argue with me I dont know. I just don't like the "gay army" strong arming folks and pulling the "homophobe" card every chance they get. Hell I am a homophobe and racist too since I am no Obama fan in some folks eyes. That is just stupid but that is what we deal with nowdays. The boy who cries wold can only cry so many times is my point. Soon nobody will listen when in reality real things go down. Stupid **** like this CEO is a wolf issue and most just shake their heads and move on. You can only play your hand so long................just live your life.

Old 04-07-2014, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
First of all, I haven't said a damn thing about how I feel about this boycott. Secondly, the "gay army" and any other "army" absolutely has the right to exercise their 1st Amendment speech rights to try and effect a change.
I see it different. The "gay army" set out to castigate this clown from something he did six years ago to make an issue out of it all. No rhyme or reason they just went after him. Why? If you have the right to exercise whatever your beliefs why should somebody else be able to castigate you for those said beliefs? Leave the guy alone. But the "army" marches on. I guess that is where you and me part ways.

Old 04-07-2014, 06:39 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Why target one person in one company when much more of a statement can be made by targeting the 60% of employee donors at another very high-profile company?
Intel have evolved in their views. It was probably by INTELligent Design.

Old 04-07-2014, 06:40 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge
Because the people that stood up to the government committee in the 1950's did so on the principle that people in this country are entitled to have opinions and political positions that go against the mainstream, and should not be persecuted for those opinions and political positions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
Call me when Eich is put in jail for failing to name his fellow travelers.
Eich doesn't need to "name his fellow travelers" ..... the LA Times published a list of all California doners to Prop 8 with a donation of $100 or more. The IRS leaked a report of all donors Nationwide who donated $1000 or more ....... and the companies they all worked for.

"call me when Eich is put in jail" ..... and then what? Andrew Sullivan asked if the stock was next, what will satisfy you? A firing squad or maybe a public lynching?

Thanks for being a public face of the extremists that will never be satisfied .... no matter the cost.
Pay attention folks - this is what we are dealing with. Take note of the supporters of this "activism".

Old 04-07-2014, 06:46 PM

Quote:
None of those are rights spelled out in the big paper.
Yeah, I know. You asked me: "What legal rights are you counted out on? Do tell me the thousands you claim."

I gave you a list of some of the LEGAL RIGHTS gay people are disallowed from having because we are denied access to civil marriage law. That denial of access is in violation of out right to equal protection as spelled out in the 14th Amendment (you know, which is in the big paper).

Old 04-07-2014, 06:46 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The IRS leaked a report of all donors Nationwide who donated $1000 or more ....... and the companies they all worked for.
That is not factual. The State of California has always held that people who donate money for or against propositions are doing so as a matter of public record. Nothing was "leaked".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies