Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 01:47 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,398,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Don't plan on any colonoscopy. Refused the free ones when I was working, plus all the other free "wellness" stuff. I don't believe in it.
That's brilliant. You don't believe in wellness, and you don't think you'll ever get sick. Mm Kay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
This across-state-lines thing is something no one on the right every really addresses. The fact is that if an insurance company doesn't already have the huge infrastructure it will need to deliver insurance already in place in State A, it will cost the company billions to set it up, and it's unclear if the companies would find it profitable in the long run.

In other words, it's more likely that nothing would change in State A, than that this often-repeated con idea would actually improve anything there.

But no one on the right ever bothers to address this.
Actually, I read a good article about that on, I believe, the NPR website. Now their search engine is as bad or worse than CD's, so I'm not going back to find the stuff. Basically, several states have passed specific enabling legislation about selling insurance across state lines, and no one has taken them up on it. No one is really interested in doing this. Feel free to do a search, if you dare!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2014, 04:19 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,709,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
This was an interesting read. We do need to draw up some alternative plan, Obamacare needs to be repealed, it is a trainwreck and it has only made things worse. I think the best solution is to force insurance companies to compete across state lines, this will lower the price of insurance. If people want a government option then let the individual CHOOSE to use it! Don't try to force everyone on it, make it an option. I for one would never trust the government with my healthcare, not after the disaster that is the Obamacare.
You dont want government involved in healthcare and yet you want government to force insurance companies to sell insurance across state lines. Jindal also wants to force insurance companies to sell to high risk people just like the ACA but their is no mandate to encourage younger and healthier people to buy insurance. Jindal also mentions "empowering" the states to take over health insurance. He implies the states would set rates for not only insurance but possibly medical procedures. This would be kind of like Medicaid for all but at the private insurance level. This is actually more government control not less. The best possible outcome of this would be everyone would have high deductibles in an attempt to make insurance affordable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies