Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2014, 06:29 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,648,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneOnegin View Post
You're right about that. About a week ago a co-worker of mine was at a McDonald's and a black woman came up to the counter cussing at the employee and complaining that her order was wrong. The (white) woman at the counter apologized and said they'll remake it. The black woman told her no, I'll just go back there and make it myself, and started walking back there. The employees told her she couldn't go back there. She argues with the employee and then gets her in a headlock. A couple of black guys who weren't with this woman see what's going on and decide to jump in on the black woman's side (this is in a largely black neighborhood). One of the guys decks the woman working there (he was arrested later).

A couple of weeks ago there was a similar incident at a Dominoe's in Flint with a black customer assaulting a white employee. The 911 dispatcher (black woman) on the phone with the manager as the employee is getting beaten up, tells her there's no one available then hangs up on her.

Flint police don't respond to assault at Domino's Pizza | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

The type of stuff that goes on here...I've never seen anything like it.

Wow.....lol. Is that your evidence? What I think you need to demonstrate is that such things don't regularly go with other blacks folks on other black folks. One has to ask themselves, if they are intelligent, are such people problems for blacks....as well as whites. I mean....do these people reserve this behavior for white folks? I think not (as evidenced by the black on black crime rate). You have a lot of frustrated and angry people and they act out. Again, there may be a greater propensity to act out against whites.....because the risk of acting out against other angry frustrated people comes with a higher risk to your personal safety. In America black poverty is 3 times the rate of whites, black unemployment is over twice the rate of whites and black wealth is 15 times less than whites. I can tell you right now that other black folks aint going to put up with that slit! You come in acting crazy you are likely to get acted back on crazy. With white folks the risk is less. They have less to be frustrated and angry about because they are doing much better in America than blacks.......as always.

Its not about race in terms of hate......but rather.....frustration, opportunity and risk assessment.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:34 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,198,194 times
It's not a race/hate crime in this case, it's the "knockout game."

Old 04-04-2014, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
It's not a race/hate crime in this case, it's the "knockout game."
Based upon what evidence?

This was just a highly emotional incident that led to a retaliatory response from neighborhood toughs who saw the victim as having been responsible for hurting a neighborhood kid.....that was probably and likely known by the attackers. In neighborhoods like this, retaliation and retribution are not uncommon.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:59 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,468,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Based upon what evidence?

This was just a highly emotional incident that led to a retaliatory response from neighborhood toughs who saw the victim as having been responsible for hurting a neighborhood kid.....that was probably and likely known by the attackers. In neighborhoods like this, retaliation and retribution are not uncommon.
So, in neighborhoods like this, do you think 'snitches get stitches [or worse],' or ID'ing the beaters will prevail.

Old 04-04-2014, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
So, in neighborhoods like this, do you think 'snitches get stitches [or worse],' or ID'ing the beaters will prevail.
Well.....If the people in the neighborhood do not snitch.......its obviously because the victim is white. That one is a no-brainer.

Old 04-04-2014, 07:37 PM

29,958 posts, read 18,520,884 times
Quote:
Wow.....lol. Is that your evidence? What I think you need to demonstrate is that such things don't regularly go with other blacks folks on other black folks. One has to ask themselves, if they are intelligent, are such people problems for blacks....as well as whites. I mean....do these people reserve this behavior for white folks? I think not (as evidenced by the black on black crime rate). You have a lot of frustrated and angry people and they act out. Again, there may be a greater propensity to act out against whites.....because the risk of acting out against other angry frustrated people comes with a higher risk to your personal safety. In America black poverty is 3 times the rate of whites, black unemployment is over twice the rate of whites and black wealth is 15 times less than whites. I can tell you right now that other black folks aint going to put up with that slit! You come in acting crazy you are likely to get acted back on crazy. With white folks the risk is less. They have less to be frustrated and angry about because they are doing much better in America than blacks.......as always.

Its not about race in terms of hate......but rather.....frustration, opportunity and risk assessment.

Your explanation is simply a rationalization for the hate crime that occurred. Such rationalizations do not detract from the fact of the crime, nor does it make it less egregious.

When hate crimes like this are not prosecuted as such, it confirms to the public that there is not uniformity of enforcement of the law and thus, no real law. When people come to appreciate that laws are selectively enforced or prosecuted via race, it is a prelude to vigilante law.

Old 04-04-2014, 07:41 PM

3,557 posts, read 4,080,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
A black woman decided against a product she purchase but when trying to return it much later than policy allowed. She kept saying "I am an African American woman and I demand you give me my money back".
And we should just take your word since you have absolutely no agenda to push?

Old 04-04-2014, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Your explanation is simply a rationalization for the hate crime that occurred. Such rationalizations do not detract from the fact of the crime, nor does it make it less egregious.

When hate crimes like this are not prosecuted as such, it confirms to the public that there is not uniformity of enforcement of the law and thus, no real law. When people come to appreciate that laws are selectively enforced or prosecuted via race, it is a prelude to vigilante law.
"A hate crime is a traditional offense like murder, arson, or vandalism with an added element of bias. For the purposes of collecting statistics, Congress has defined a hate crime as a “criminal offense against a person or property motivated in whole or in part by an offender’s bias against a race, religion, disability, ethnic origin or sexual orientation.” Hate itself is not a crime—and the FBI is mindful of protecting freedom of speech and other civil liberties." FBI — Overview

Like racism.......hate crimes is a term with an official definition.......yet many white folks have little respect for these definitions and instead to seek to create their own meaning.

Where was the demonstration of bias AGAINST a race? Wrong place wrong time.

Old 04-04-2014, 08:01 PM

2,198 posts, read 2,720,532 times
Quote:

That's just a couple recent examples. The fact that the black guy jumped in on the side of the aggressor of the same race, what does that tell you? That definitely indicates to me that there's a racial component. I've lived in a lot of areas with fairly high black populations and those types of things didn't happen. A black co-worker of mine told me Detroit is finally coming back now that they have a white mayor.

This place is just weird in general though, not just in regards to racial stuff. I saw a fight in the parking lot in front of Meijer about 3 weeks ago. I told the woman inside and that there are guys fighting in the parking lot and she said "yeah, there are." People will speed up and blatantly cut in front of others at checkout lines. Cars will speed up until they get close to you as you're walking into places, slam on their brakes, and then stare you down like you're an a-hole for getting in their way. There was a house a few months ago that had 88 (I think that's the number) cats inside it. They had kittens in the kitchen drawers. I think there's something in the water.

Old 04-04-2014, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneOnegin View Post
That's just a couple recent examples. The fact that the black guy jumped in on the side of the aggressor of the same race, what does that tell you? That definitely indicates to me that there's a racial component. I've lived in a lot of areas with fairly high black populations and those types of things didn't happen. A black co-worker of mine told me Detroit is finally coming back now that they have a white mayor.

This place is just weird in general though, not just in regards to racial stuff. I saw a fight in the parking lot in front of Meijer about 3 weeks ago. I told the woman inside and that there are guys fighting in the parking lot and she said "yeah, there are." People will speed up and blatantly cut in front of others at checkout lines. Cars will speed up until they get close to you as you're walking into places, slam on their brakes, and then stare you down like you're an a-hole for getting in their way. There was a house a few months ago that had 88 (I think that's the number) cats inside it. They had kittens in the kitchen drawers. I think there's something in the water.

You are telling the story here. Does your agenda bias the telling of the story? What have you left out? What is inaccurate? You have not demonstrated to me how you know the people in the restaurant did not know the women? There are too many missing pieces for me.

You must be originally from Mayberry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies