Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2014, 03:53 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
And yet you guys still try to pretend your argument is worth listening to. It's weird: you obviously understand why the right's claims have no merit, but you whine about people who point out that the right's claims have no merit. Why support positions you know have no merit? Why continue to embarrass yourselves for the sake of the idiots in the Republican party?

These are rhetorical questions.
sorry i didnt study rhetoricals

in the end however i was right, you are blasting the messenger, while trying to support your side of the argument. you have no clue about what the guy knows. you cant substantiate your own arguments, so you attack everyone else, and hold fast to your point of view hoping that others will somehow change their minds and blindly follow the alarmists and their agenda.

Old 04-29-2014, 04:15 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
And yet you guys still try to pretend your argument is worth listening to. .
Your response is exactly what was expected..... useless.

Old 04-29-2014, 04:49 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,788,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
just wait for the alarmist crowd to come in and make the claim that this guy is really a "denier", or he doesnt know what he is talking about, or he is not really a scientist but rather a blogger and he has no credentials. or they will say that he has no proof of his claims.
Oh you know how it works. Agree with the alarmists, no matter what you credentials, and you are a hero. Disagree with the alarmists and you are a worthless pile of garbage.

I'ts not just a double standard. It is Orwell's Newspeak at its best.

Old 04-29-2014, 04:53 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,788,644 times
Quote:
And yet you guys still try to pretend your argument is worth listening to. It's weird: you obviously understand why the right's claims have no merit, but you whine about people who point out that the right's claims have no merit. Why support positions you know have no merit? Why continue to embarrass yourselves for the sake of the idiots in the Republican party?

OMG!!!!! Orwell would have LOVED you!

The alarmists and their version of newspeak! War is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength, AGW is Truth! Everything else is, well, what is it, alarmists?

Old 04-29-2014, 05:06 PM

1,245 posts, read 923,017 times
Quote:

The issue is they want a world wide carbon tax, which is a transfer of money and power, and of course your sneakily taking your liberty and freedom through the sustainability door.

If you leave a pile of gold, or silver, or $100 dollar bills out for a tornado thats coming, the tornado isn't going to go away, it will still come. That is kind of what seems like the alarmists are trying to claim, that by carbon taxing everyone, it will change the weather some how.

Old 04-29-2014, 05:07 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Top Climate Expert's Sensational Claim Of Government Meddling In Crucial UN Report
A business professor is a "top climate expert"?
Alrighty, then!!

Old 04-29-2014, 05:16 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,283,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
sorry i didnt study rhetoricals

in the end however i was right, you are blasting the messenger, while trying to support your side of the argument.
Your blogs undergo no scientific scrutiny. Anyone can write anything they choose in a blog. As scientific references, they are worthless. Whining about me does not magically give your blogs scientific worth.

Old 04-29-2014, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Your response is exactly what was expected..... useless.
It wasn't meant to be useful to you, it was meant to show how intellectually dishonest right-wingers are. Now whine about me some more, that will make your economist magically turn into someone whose opinion on this subject is worth listening to. Give it a shot.

Old 04-29-2014, 05:24 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Your blogs undergo no scientific scrutiny. Anyone can write anything they choose in a blog. As scientific references, they are worthless. Whining about me does not magically give your blogs scientific worth.
You mean I can write a blog about the unicorn in my garage, and it wouldn't necessarily be true?

Old 04-29-2014, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
A business professor is a "top climate expert"?
Alrighty, then!!
Sad how they keep failing, isn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies