Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 11:52 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,542,326 times

Advertisements

This should be popular. The elected oligarch will steal most of this money for his cronies.

Quote:
Ukraine PM says will stick to austerity despite Moscow pressure
Quote:

By Natalia Zinets, Richard Balmforth and Paul Ingrassia
KIEV Fri Apr 4, 2014 5:44pm EDT

...He has called himself the leader of a "kamikaze" government, doomed by unpopular austerity measures it must take, but he said Ukraine would stick to the measures, which include doubling gas prices for domestic consumers from May 1 and holding down state pensions and salaries against a background of a 3 percent contraction of the economy and double-digit inflation.

IMF support - a $14-18 billion financial lifeline in return for tough economic reforms - would be a "tremendous step forward", he said.

"We will regain trust and credibility from foreign investors. This is the roadmap for Ukraine," he added.

The Kiev government has said that without the IMF-mandated austerity measures, the economy could shrink by up to 10 percent this year....
more: Ukraine PM says will stick to austerity despite Moscow pressure | Reuters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2014, 12:09 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
I guess no one is still following the news in Ukraine.

There's going to be an election there in May, where a couple oligarchs (aka thieves) are running against eachother. Whoever wins will be regarded as a stooge of the US/EU.

Once that election is held, expect a lot more of this:

More: BBC News - Ukraine: Pro-Russians storm government office in Donetsk
Kerry already has meet with them several times since early February.
Already "greasing the wheels" for these businessmen to take over the country and execute the orders from the IMF.
And all we hear is that "this is what the people of Ukraine want".

Kerry Meets Ukraine Opposition, Reaffirms US Support

Old 04-06-2014, 12:51 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,890 times
I thought the price of gas was set by the world market? So how can he blame the Russians for a spike in gas? Has anyone noticed the spike in gas prices here in the U S since Crimea? When it started I was paying 3.19 a gal and now I am paying between 3.59 to 3.89.

Back to the topic, the Russians are far from cornered they are in the drivers seat.

Old 04-06-2014, 12:59 PM

924 posts, read 667,116 times
Russia just annexed a strategic peninsula in the Black Sea while the West stood back and shouted "you better not!"

How exactly are they being cornered? lol.

Old 04-06-2014, 01:35 PM

663 posts, read 503,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Russia is cornered ?

ROFLMAO.
She's got her back against the Bearing Straight.

She's cornered in the sense she's isolated by the West and cannot to give up more territories.

Old 04-06-2014, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Only Sarah Palin knows for sure.
Sarah Palin must be in the trenches now guarding the Aleutians.

Old 04-06-2014, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
I thought the price of gas was set by the world market? So how can he blame the Russians for a spike in gas? Has anyone noticed the spike in gas prices here in the U S since Crimea? When it started I was paying 3.19 a gal and now I am paying between 3.59 to 3.89.

Back to the topic, the Russians are far from cornered they are in the drivers seat.
We forget we can bring Russia to her knees by strictly riding bikes.

"When you drive, you feed Putin!"

http://lileks.com/bleat/wp-content/u.../07/hitler.jpg

Well, carpooling too.

Old 04-06-2014, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post

Well the public blamed Bush for the rise in gas prices so why not now blame Putin for the rise in gas prices.
We can't very well blame Obama because he's a Dem President.

Old 04-06-2014, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise TibetanMonkey View Post
We forget we can bring Russia to her knees by strictly riding bikes.

"When you drive, you feed Putin!"

http://lileks.com/bleat/wp-content/u.../07/hitler.jpg

Well, carpooling too.
Really ? And just how much gas does the US import from Russia ?

Old 04-06-2014, 02:19 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well the public blamed Bush for the rise in gas prices so why not now blame Putin for the rise in gas prices.
We can't very well blame Obama because he's a Dem President.
The temp leader of Ukraine must have studied U S politics. He backs the IMF taxing the crap out of gas and then blames Putin for high gas prices and which he has no control over. I feel sorry for the Ukraine people they should have all went with the Russians because the IMF is going to work them over. Dam is democracy grand, LMAO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies