Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 06:35 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,935,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
So then you understand why its an issue...good, we are making progress.
The guns aren't the issue however....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2014, 06:36 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
You want to ban Inner city Blacks from owning guns? Or just the ones that commit crimes ?

Old 04-06-2014, 06:41 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,095,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
The guns aren't the issue however....
I never said they were, nor did the doctor. Gun violence is the issue.

Old 04-06-2014, 06:48 PM

Quote:
I never said they were, nor did the doctor. Gun violence is the issue.
No gun violence is not the issue. Inner city youth are the issue.

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-07-2014 at 04:45 AM..

Old 04-06-2014, 06:50 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Yeah, I'm very familiar with the Korean deal. It's been going on for about 3 years now. I'll respectfully correct one aspect of your post, though. He didn't ban the import of any imported firearms. He just hasn't authorized the import license to be issued. He didn't issue an executive order as Bush 1 did and impacted a lot of importers who were trading with China, Romania, great German products. President Obama just hasn't chosen to act on import license and authorize the import. Maybe he thinks he can get some thing in return....I don't know.
But to think he's holding up a couple containers of M1 carbines as a form of gun control is ridiculous as the percentage of black rifles is so much greater than this half load and those are the one's that get up liberal's noses and what they always target.

Too bad, because word in the industry say's these are some of the finest M1s and Garands ever to hit the market since the early days of the CMP program. When they finally do come in, I've already got my wish list in to some old friends, still in the business.

Seriously though, is that all you Got?

Old 04-06-2014, 06:51 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Presidents don't introduce bills but he sure tried to get Joe Biden out there promoting "Gun Control".

He would if he could.
Probably true.

Old 04-06-2014, 06:56 PM

8,056 posts, read 12,774,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
No gun violence is not the issue. Inner city youth are the issue.
Racist.... It's too bad the discussion about guns and gun violence can't be discussed for fear of "offending" someone. I just looked at the murder statistics in Tennessee and 62% of all murders in Tennessee last year were committed by "African Americans". Is that indicative of a gun problem or a cultural problem? 17% of our population is committing 62% of the murders.

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-07-2014 at 04:46 AM..

Old 04-06-2014, 06:59 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,051,326 times
It's hard to argue against the suggestion that something related to thirty thousand US deaths a year is a public health issue. This would be no different than arguing that automobile accident deaths (a relatively equivalent figure) are a public health issue.

Yet, it's difficult to envision The Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers lobbying against someone who made that suggestion. Anything related to thousands of deaths a year is clearly a public health issue. I'd be far more concerned by a Surgeon General who didn't make that connection, than by one who did.

The Second Amendment, how it's interpreted, and what--if any--limitations should be placed upon it; are entirely different conversations, which are completely unrelated to the function of The Surgeon General. At best, he would function no differently than a prominent private citizen in regards to presenting his personal views on the subject.

Old 04-06-2014, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
Racist.... It's too bad the discussion about guns and gun violence can't be discussed for fear of "offending" someone. I just looked at the murder statistics in Tennessee and 62% of all murders in Tennessee last year were committed by "African Americans". Is that indicative of a gun problem or a cultural problem? 17% of our population is committing 62% of the murders.
Sadly the numbers will be the same in virtually any major city in the country. The black community has a problem and all the laws, legislation and police in the world can't correct it. Only the black community can.

Old 04-06-2014, 07:06 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,741,572 times
Quote:
Yeah failed "Great Society" programs that have left the inner cites(control by demonrats) over taxes, over regulated hell holes, with failed schools, and force blacks and Hispanics into a life or poverty and dependence with crime providing a chance at a future...

You those issues?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies