Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 05:16 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times

Advertisements

Yea.....in the democrat run inner cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2014, 06:50 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,658,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
The democrats only want to ban assault weapons and high capacity magazines (the weapons mass murders choose to kill our children in schools, kill people in movie theaters, ex.ex.)

The democrats don't want to take everyone's guns, they just want to get military grade hardware out the hands of mass murders.

Here's Joe Bidden possibly threatening to kill B. Obama if he tries to take (his) guns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT-ueNjc_D0

First of all what is an assault weapon? Please explain this to me and i will MAYBE take your response somewhat seriously.

Nobody wants military grade hardware in a mass murderers hands , and all gun owners support safety and common sense laws. The problem is that it is such few incidents that you are trying to compare here. How many mass shootings have we had? How come we never heard about them much before Obama ?

This is like trying to tell a Ferrari car collector he cant have them anymore because a few people have died from them or someone used them to run over people in a mass attempt.

So please tell me why some states wanted to reduce magazine rounds down to 6 or 7 bullets max capacity ? Do you understand that would BAN almost every gun? The problem is that states have been passing laws to lower the magazine capacity , one day its 15 then 10 then 8 then 4 then 0.... Do you see how it works? This is the problem. Its a crippling effect, you give a little and they take a mile.

Old 04-11-2014, 10:20 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
Gun reform is just a part of a larger agenda to civilize America. I think it can be done, and will be.

As if legal gun owners are the ones who make America "uncivilized."

And there we go again with the ambiguous gun "reform" mantra. Apparently, since we already have gun laws, you must be referring to confiscation. Not gonna happen; wouldn't be prudent.

Old 04-11-2014, 10:24 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Gun reform is just a part of a larger agenda to civilize America. I think it can be done, and will be.
Never happen.

And if you think the US isn't civilized, may I suggest moving to a "civilized" country.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:33 PM

1,976 posts, read 2,352,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Never happen.

And if you think the US isn't civilized, may I suggest moving to a "civilized" country.
'Merica! Love it or leave it, ya goddamn hippie!

Old 04-11-2014, 12:36 PM

1,976 posts, read 2,352,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
"Gun Reform" is still Gun Control changing the name will not fool anyone nor will the American people buy it..

Restricting the rights of Law Abiding People in direct violation of the Constitution is not reform it is antithesis of liberty, and antithesis of liberty is tyranny.

Larger agenda to "civilize America'? We are civilized, just because we value freedom, liberty and refuse to abandon values that have done more to advance humanity in the such a short span of time does not many us any thing but civilized, refusing to strip people of their rights because of the actions of a handful of criminals makes us civilized.

Of course your collectivist ideals are so much more "progressive" so much so their always crash and burn, but not before killing millions, leaving those alive in static and crashing poverty, stealing their lives, talents and abilities from their and the advancement of their own happiness in the pursuit of a great lie..

We are tipping point,from here on the pendulum of politics swings back towards liberty as it races away from collectivism statism..Only this time such laws and actions will be taken to prevent its return forever abolished to the hell from which it came...It only took us about 101 years to see the failure, waste, and danger of out of control government..
Your part of America values denying health care to poor people, destroying bargaining power for employees and empowering the rich to rape the economy. I want nothing to do with 'your America' and I look forward to your defeat at the polls.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:43 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,658,562 times
Quote:
Your part of America values denying health care to poor people, destroying bargaining power for employees and empowering the rich to rape the economy. I want nothing to do with 'your America' and I look forward to your defeat at the polls.
Actually

Poor people always had and will have access to health care.

Bargaining power? Get rid of the illegal immigrants that are here and put Americans back to work.

The Rich? They always will be rich , jealous ? Go get rich yourself or **** and stop complaining. Both parties and our government cater to these elite so moan to them. A political party is just an illusion so that the sheep can ba ba to, just pick your poison.

Old 04-11-2014, 02:39 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Your idiot hero infesting the WH is going to lose big in November. He will be so hamstrung he might as well resign now and save the embarrassment later.

Old 04-11-2014, 03:05 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
NRA Takes Aim at Obama's Anti-Gun Surgeon General Nominee Vivek Murthy

Yet one after another Dem gun owner will go into denial about this. Lamb to the slaughter...
I'm pretty sure that bullets are bad for your health.

"Furthermore, Murthy’s views represent a consensus among medical professionals that gun violence is a major public health issue. Gun violence, including suicide, kills some 30,000 Americans every year, about the same number as car accidents. Cars are highly regulated for health and safety; guns, barely."

The outrage here is misplaced. Americans should be outraged that the giant corporate gun lobby is trying to decide who the surgeon general should be. I don't remember the tobacco lobby having anything to say about Surgeon General C. Everett Koop, Reagan's nomination.

Doctors ‘Aghast’ That Surgeon General Nominee Blocked For Gun Control Views | CommonHealth

Why the NRA Is Blocking Obama

Old 04-11-2014, 03:31 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,769,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
The democrats only want to ban assault weapons and high capacity magazines (the weapons mass murders choose to kill our children in schools, kill people in movie theaters, ex.ex.)

The democrats don't want to take everyone's guns, they just want to get military grade hardware out the hands of mass murders.

Here's Joe Bidden possibly threatening to kill B. Obama if he tries to take (his) guns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT-ueNjc_D0
So another prohibition?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies