Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2014, 09:20 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,375,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
I find your statement hiliarious because it comes at the end of a huge thread full of right wingers arguing in favour of torture because it makes them feel better. Right-wing arguments favouring torture are based on cowardice, and that's not rational at all.
Its not based off cowardice, and as I said, I am not right winger, and I support EIT on certain subjects, along with more then half of Americans polled.

Conservatives and Liberals don't have a problem with EIT on guys like KSM, bub
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2014, 11:17 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,283,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
True, but it does show that you and your ilk are on the wrong side of this issue.
No, the people who were scared into supporting torture are on the wrong side of this issue.

Quote:
How entirely hypocritical that you condemn supposed "torture" in which nearly all survive, but stand by and tacitly agree with Obama executing American citizens without due process. Executing as in DEAD; they do not survive.
I don't support either act. People suspected of crimes should be tried and either convicted or set free, regardless of nationality. I trust, since you feel Americans suspected of terrorist acts should receive due process, you believe the people kidnaped and tortured by the Bush Administration should as well. To do otherwise would be entirely hypocritical.

Also, you must agree that it works both ways, that it's okay for your government and others to torture Americans just as it's okay for you to torture non-Americans. Otherwise you are entirely hypocritical.

Old 12-17-2014, 11:21 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,375,785 times
Quote:
No, the people who were scared into supporting torture are on the wrong side of this issue.

I don't support either act. People suspected of crimes should be tried and either convicted or set free, regardless of nationality. I trust, since you feel Americans suspected of terrorist acts should receive due process, you believe the people kidnaped and tortured by the Bush Administration should as well. To do otherwise would be entirely hypocritical.

Also, you must agree that it works both ways, that it's okay for your government and others to torture Americans just as it's okay for you to torture non-Americans. Otherwise you are entirely hypocritical.
The first statement is an opinion, not a fact.

And we often treat enemy combatants differently then we do common criminals.

As I have said, many times now, I don't think these techniques should be used on every detainee, and they weren't, but the worst of the worst, yep, I fully support.

Old 12-17-2014, 11:25 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,231,128 times
Quote:
Doesn't matter. In liberal land, Obama is allowed to execute any American citizen at whim without due process. Execute, as in kill them DEAD. They die, but the supposed "torture" victims nearly all live. Apparently to liberals, life is bad and death is good. Liberal irrationality on full display.

How do you come up with this stuff? Are you paid to say it?

I don't know an Democrat that thinks the way you describe.

Old 12-17-2014, 11:26 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,283,538 times
Quote:
If you see it that way, 51% of Americans are right-wingers and only 28% are left-wingers.
I see it as 51% are vile and the rest aren't. I don't know why the Venn diagram of Cowards and Right-wingers is nearly a circle, but it is. Personally I don't see supporting torture as being particularly conservative. Conservatives in other countries don't support torture. I think the connection between being a Republican and being a torture-supporting coward is correlative, not causal.

Quote:
And what's cowardice is Obama executing American citizens without due process, the worst of the heinous things he's done.
But it's okay to withhold due process from suspected terrorists. 51% of your fellow Americans say so and you agree.

Old 12-17-2014, 11:30 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,071,273 times
Quote:
I see it as 51% are vile and the rest aren't. I don't know why the Venn diagram of Cowards and Right-wingers is nearly a circle, but it is. Personally I don't see supporting torture as being particularly conservative. Conservatives in other countries don't support torture. I think the connection between being a Republican and being a torture-supporting coward is correlative, not causal.

But it's okay to withhold due process from suspected terrorists. 51% of your fellow Americans say so and you agree.
Obviously you have no clue what you are talking about...

Where is this "due process" in anything any document about a terrorist....

I'll wait....

Old 12-17-2014, 11:39 AM

39,193 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:
I think torture is justified in tickling time bomb situation because there is a specific time pressure and the knowledge that there is no other possible way to retrieve the information. Secondly, on a utilitarian calculus, the benefits to many outweigh the cost to one man. Thirdly, because the man is strongly assumed to be guilty, he deserves punishment anyway for his actions.

You can google how others torture American POWs. What my brother learned from his own military training is simply "Sheesh, don't get caught." No matter how much SERE training you received, you don't want to get caught by terrorists, believe me on that. You think they will only using waterboarding on American POWs? They are very creative when it comes to torture.

They will torture American POWs no matter how much we dislike it.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 12-17-2014 at 11:47 AM..

Old 12-17-2014, 12:13 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,729,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You keep changing the subject...this is not about drones, this is not about other things that have happened, its about the report that cost the Americans $40,000,000....

You are on the side of the terrorist...you want them to know our secrets...how we work...

So, as long as you are moral and fair...you don't care what the terrorist do...as long as they receive fairness and morality towards them....after they have completed their beheadings...

Got ya...
It is the very same subject. It is all connected. If the topic were HIV it would only be natural to talk about its transmission as well.

What's 40m dollars? The US spent billions to topple the Ukrainian government...

I am on neither side. To me the US government and military apparatus also consists of terrorists. It is terrorists vs terrorists. So why would I be on either side?

I think it is only fair if all parties have the same knowledge, yes.

There are clear UN rules on that, and there are no exceptions in it. So there are no excuses. You like to use terrorism as an excuse, and I tell you that it is the US that causes that terrorism in the first place.

Old 12-17-2014, 12:33 PM

594 posts, read 345,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Oh, this is priceless in light of the fact that you are arguing for the Bush Administration's corruptness and incompetence to be kept secret. Funny stuff.
Where did I advocate that? Ididn't, all I did was infer criticism of your precious king Obama, and you made up everything else.

Old 12-17-2014, 12:35 PM

39,193 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
It is the very same subject. It is all connected. If the topic were HIV it would only be natural to talk about its transmission as well.

What's 40m dollars? The US spent billions to topple the Ukrainian government...

I am on neither side. To me the US government and military apparatus also consists of terrorists. It is terrorists vs terrorists. So why would I be on either side?

I think it is only fair if all parties have the same knowledge, yes.

There are clear UN rules on that, and there are no exceptions in it. So there are no excuses. You like to use terrorism as an excuse, and I tell you that it is the US that causes that terrorism in the first place.
ISIS leaders must be tried for war crimes, say UN

UN Could Prosecute Bush for War Crimes

UN Seeks to Prosecute Israelis for "War Crimes"

ISIS leaders must be tried for war crimes, say UN

UN Probe Head Says Netanyahu is a War Criminal

UN should just shut the hell up or do something already.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies