Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2014, 12:37 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
It is the very same subject. It is all connected. If the topic were HIV it would only be natural to talk about its transmission as well. .
Nope...it's not...

Quote:
What's 40m dollars? The US spent billions to topple the Ukrainian government....
Who cares about the Ukrainian government....that's not the subject here...<<<<<stop changing the subject

Quote:
I am on neither side. To me the US government and military apparatus also consists of terrorists. It is terrorists vs terrorists. So why would I be on either side? .
Sorry, we don't cut heads off...terrorist do, and that's the side you are supporting...

Quote:
I think it is only fair if all parties have the same knowledge, yes. .
LOL, so all secrets should be shared...right? So you are agreeing with the terrorist...

Quote:
There are clear UN rules on that, and there are no exceptions in it. So there are no excuses. You like to use terrorism as an excuse, and I tell you that it is the US that causes that terrorism in the first place.
51% of Americans disagree with you...

Are there rules about cutting heads off? If so, you should tell the terrorist about it cause thye are not listening....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2014, 12:38 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
I agree, but it is not that simple. As you might know some countries simply refuse any international courts. Then there is the UN security council with its veto power. That's why basically all those conventions and treaties on this and that are just theory, unfortunately.

But what they demand is correct, they don't say, Bush or ISIS people should be tortured, but tried.

Old 12-17-2014, 12:45 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
I agree, but it is not that simple. As you might know some countries simply refuse any international courts. Then there is the UN security council with its veto power. That's why basically all those conventions and treaties on this and that are just theory, unfortunately.

But what they demand is correct, they don't say, Bush or ISIS people should be tortured, but tried.
No, the bottom line is that UN will not do anything because punish ONE for war crime, they are obligated to punish them all. UN will never do it. This is all for show.

Looking for war crime? How about Hama, Isis.... etc, etc, etc, etc.

Old 12-17-2014, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Nope...it's not...

Who cares about the Ukrainian government....that's not the subject here...<<<<<stop changing the subject

Sorry, we don't cut heads off...terrorist do, and that's the side you are supporting...

LOL, so all secrets should be shared...right? So you are agreeing with the terrorist...

51% of Americans disagree with you...

Are there rules about cutting heads off? If so, you should tell the terrorist about it cause thye are not listening....
When you put it as though 40m were a lot, then I will put that sum in perspective...

Terrorism does not only include cutting people's heads off, far from it. Ask your own government, even Occupy and Greenpeace members are on terrorist lists... Killing innocents people with drones is terrorism, invading other countries based on lies and fabricated evidence is terrorism...

Yes, I want all people to have the same knowledge. I am against terrorism on either side.

Again, cutting off heads is just one of many terrorist acts. People make such a fuss about it because the victims are Westerners and because it is spectacular. But really, if we were not such cold-blooded monsters in the West, we would realize that the mothers and children torn into pieces by drones in Afghanistan etc. are not any better off than a headless American.

Old 12-17-2014, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
No, the bottom line is that UN will not do anything because punish ONE for war crime, they are obligated to punish them all. UN will never do it. This is all for show.
Which would not be any problem, they could easily do that. But it doesn't happen because the UN is not objective, it is a battlefield where there is corruption and all kinds of deals. It is a toothless tiger. The only times it actually does something is in those rare cases when there is no objection from any side or where it is a small country which doesn't have the money and lobby in the UN to defend itself.

There are books on how to manipulate UN opinion and decision-making, it is no secret.

Old 12-17-2014, 12:59 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
No, the people who were scared into supporting torture are on the wrong side of this issue.
No. The people have spoken.

Quote:
I don't support either act. People suspected of crimes should be tried and either convicted or set free, regardless of nationality. I trust, since you feel Americans suspected of terrorist acts should receive due process, you believe the people kidnaped and tortured by the Bush Administration should as well.
Since when are non-citizens guaranteed a right to that? They're not. Otherwise the U.S. Border Patrol wouldn't be able to turn any foreigner back once they're on U.S. soil. They'd all have to have a trial to determine whether they're guilty of illegal entry before they're turned away.

Old 12-17-2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
How do you come up with this stuff? Are you paid to say it?

I don't know any Democrat that thinks the way you describe.
So why haven't Democrats called for Obama's impeachment for violating American citizens' right to due process, and summarily killing them at whim?

Old 12-17-2014, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
But it's okay to withhold due process from suspected terrorists. 51% of your fellow Americans say so and you agree.
Obama isn't "torturing" American citizens without due process. He's KILLING them without due process. BIG difference.

Old 12-17-2014, 01:07 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think torture is justified in tickling time bomb situation
I know you do. You are wrong.

Old 12-17-2014, 01:09 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Obama isn't "torturing" American citizens without due process. He's KILLING them without due process. BIG difference.
Not big enough to mean you aren't a hypocrite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies