Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2014, 09:54 AM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Says the person who is attempting mightily to deflect blame away from Bush in a thread about the Bush administration's torture program. Look up the word hypocrite. I bet there's a picture of you beneath the definition.
What torture program? <<<< the torture program that we send our same troops through?

Hhahahaaaaa, yea, that's torture...

The truth is there....and it all started in the clinton admin....like it or not, and if you don't want to go there, thank all the dems for allowing bush to go to war....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2014, 12:42 PM

3,950 posts, read 5,086,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So clinton said it...and it's bush's fault....HAHAHAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

The left never takes blame...LOL
Please stop your partisan nonsense and address the topic of the thread.

Public won?t let Washington sweep CIA torture under the rug ? Russian diplomat ? RT News

Quote:
The Obama administration won’t be able to throw the torture issue under the
table, as the US Senate report on the CIA’s detention and interrogation program
has sparked a global public outcry, the Russian Foreign Ministry's human rights
ombudsman told RT.
This is the kind of stuff that happens when you lose the moral high ground.

Old 12-26-2014, 12:52 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,283,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
It will be interesting to see what they do with the detainees after the war in Afghanistan is officially over, try to explain how you retain someone indefinitely without trial at that point.
Just declare them to be terrorists. That makes detention without trial okay, to some. As for the others, have Rush and Sean declare them to be Unamerican freedom-hating traitors and raise the terr' alert to Orange.

Old 12-26-2014, 02:01 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
It will be interesting to see what they do with the detainees after the war in Afghanistan is officially over, try to explain how you retain someone indefinitely without trial at that point. I think there are around 100 left, time to release the rest unless they have proof (remember proof?) that they are truly terrorists.
Some of these people in Gitmo are so dangerous that their own home countries have refused to take them back. Or they would be executed by their own government shortly after release. Some countries want to try them for the crimes of their terrorist acts.

Old 12-26-2014, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
Please stop your partisan nonsense and address the topic of the thread.

Public won?t let Washington sweep CIA torture under the rug ? Russian diplomat ? RT News

This is the kind of stuff that happens when you lose the moral high ground.
Oh...I agree....I really do...the problem is.....when the guy cuts your head off....he does not give a crap about your moral high ground....

Tell us....what torture? Again....the same training our troops go through?

I did 21+ years, and I can tell you I have been sleep deprived....REMEMBER that is WHAT BROKE KSM....

Old 12-26-2014, 02:19 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
Oh...I agree....I really do...the problem is.....when the guy cuts your head off....he does not give a crap about your moral high ground....

I did 21+ years, and I can tell you I have been sleep deprived....REMEMBER that is WHAT BROKE KSM....
Everyone has their own definition of what is torture, and what is not. If we do not define what is, and what is not torture, then when terrorist prisoners are interrogated, everyone will apply their own versions of where that line is for torture. This is why Bush ordered the White House legal counsel to work with various agencies and provide a report which will define what is and what is not torture.

Some people think it's torture if we capture a terrorist fighter who took part in an assault on US forces, and we don't inform him when he will be released. Others think not giving a Muslim prisoner his own copy of the Koran and a prayer mat is torture.

Old 12-26-2014, 03:41 PM

3,950 posts, read 5,086,255 times
Quote:

You're being silly, you weren't sleep deprived for a week straight.

BTW, even Jesse Ventura who's former special forces and was waterboarded during training has called the procedure torture.

Here's another honorable soldier who made a stand against torture sharing his account on Democracy Now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHZgAHGrHXQ

Let's demand that the whole CIA Torture Report be released, instead of just the redacted Executive summary, so we can find out the full extent of what was done in our names. Remember folks, some of the people who were tortured were later proven not to even be involved with Al-Qaeda.

Old 12-26-2014, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
You're being silly, you weren't sleep deprived for a week straight.

BTW, even Jesse Ventura who's former special forces and was waterboarded during training has called the procedure torture.

Here's another honorable soldier who made a stand against torture sharing his account on Democracy Now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHZgAHGrHXQ

Let's demand that the whole CIA Torture Report be released, instead of just the redacted Executive summary, so we can find out the full extent of what was done in our names. Remember folks, some of the people who were tortured were later proven not to even be involved with Al-Qaeda.
Well...we are just gonna have to agree to disagree......

Hundreds of Soldiers went through what every detainee did...

Whether it 3 days or 5.....you CANNOT say that everyone has the same tolerance....

Again..water boarding DID NOT BREAK KSM.........

SO what torture...

Old 12-26-2014, 07:18 PM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Some of these people in Gitmo are so dangerous that their own home countries have refused to take them back. Or they would be executed by their own government shortly after release. Some countries want to try them for the crimes of their terrorist acts.
There is no question that some are dangerous and may return to haunt us but if we have no proof they should have been released long ago. There is still over 100 remaining, most should be released and the remainder either tried and released in the US with Guantanamo being closed.

Old 12-26-2014, 07:23 PM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Well...we are just gonna have to agree to disagree......

Hundreds of Soldiers went through what every detainee did...

Whether it 3 days or 5.....you CANNOT say that everyone has the same tolerance....

Again..water boarding DID NOT BREAK KSM.........

SO what torture...

Being detained and subjected to waterboarding through a training program and being captured by a foreign country and subjected to same are completely different. One is a training exercise the other obviously is not.

Were any of these soldiers subjected to 170 days of water boarding in a single year, kept awake for a week. Just because it doesn't leave a mark doesn't mean it's not torture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies