Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2014, 09:16 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,472,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Are you aware of all the droning going on? No intelligence can be gathered. President Obama is just killing, no prisoners are being taken. Many innocent people are being killed, yet the media is silent.
If Obama and his team are committing war crimes, they should be prosecuted. The only clear one I see happening is violating our treaty obligations by not prosecuting torturers.

I'd prefer that we withdraw from all our foreign entanglements; short of that, I'd prefer ending or substantially limiting drone strikes. But unless you are claiming that Obama is intentionally targeting noncombatants, you'll have little for any human rights investigator to look at.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2014, 09:21 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,010,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
We have to be careful to remain civilized and not turn into savages.
Waterboarding 4 animals doesn't make us savages.

Old 12-10-2014, 09:27 PM

6,258 posts, read 5,065,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Waterboarding 4 animals doesn't make us savages.
No. It doesn't. And you know what? We can wring our hands all day long, and at the end of the day I don't give two sh*ts that REAL savages didn't sleep for a week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9QN3AkydYY

Old 12-10-2014, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Republican torture-supporters make things up because they can't cope with the real arguments against the scum Bush's use of torture.

But since you asked, if it was up to me they would have been tried and either convicted or released. Wacky, I know.
You are okay then with Obama's use of summary execution, without due process, by drone or Seal Team 6?

Old 12-10-2014, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
No. It doesn't. And you know what? We can wring our hands all day long, and at the end of the day I don't give two sh*ts that REAL savages didn't sleep for a week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9QN3AkydYY
I'm with you man. Never forget. We are fighting a very long war, whether some of us want to believe it or not.

Old 12-10-2014, 09:45 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,472,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
I'm with you man. Never forget. We are fighting a very long war, whether some of us want to believe it or not.
Whatever your "side" is, I'm not on it.

Old 12-10-2014, 10:19 PM

88,964 posts, read 44,771,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
That's evidence that Bush used it, not that he took it seriously.

I've already stated that Clinton is a disgusting liar and his impunity in the Iraq matter is wrong and embarrassing. I'm not sure how much further we can go with the "Bush was a dupe" claim in the teeth of the Bush team's own proven record of misrepresenting intelligence, and purveying Iraq-9/11 conspiracy innuendo.
Not so much that Bush was a dupe. Is there a reason he should have known that Dem presidents can't be trusted? Look at how many times Obama has lied, though. So, there does seem to be a pattern.

Old 12-10-2014, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
So the Democrats are to blame for the Bush/Cheney torture chambers?
Again, as I've already posted and provided links, the torture was initiated by Clinton/Gore, continued by Bush/Cheney, and is still utilized by Obama/Biden. Seems the Dems have more to answer for than do Bush/Cheney. Why do you give them a pass?

Old 12-10-2014, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Who claimed that Saddam had WMD?
Clinton.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ENAV_UoIfgc

Old 12-10-2014, 10:29 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,283,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
That doesn't make much of a difference, legally. It is illegal to torture anyone, in any circumstances.

Yes, a duly constituted war crimes court should convict and hang everyone involved in that disgrace, including Bush and Cheney.
Actually, what I think they should really be on trial for is military retribution against civilians. See Fallujah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies