Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2014, 10:48 AM

241 posts, read 172,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Vote.
Why? Do I get to count the votes? If not how do I know who I vote for is where my vote was counted towards? Especially since electronic voting is now full fledged the way things are done its too easy to fix the elections.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Spending money to spread your viewpoint is exercising free speech. The court is correct. Nothing more dangerous than limiting political speech.
No its not. Those are 2 different things. Spending money and spreading your viewpoint. I spread my viewpoint on here but I certainly don't have millions or billions to buy myself a candidate for office. ANYONE to blind to see what is going on is someone who should never be allowed to vote.

Old 04-12-2014, 10:50 AM

Default China bans GMO strains of Corn,US exports fall 85%

?US corn exports to China drop 85 percent after ban on GMO strains ? industry report ? RT USA

Good hit them where it hurts. Eventually the farmer will get tired of not being able to make a living because everyone is banning GMO's they will either fight back against Monsanto and others like them or go under.

Old 04-12-2014, 11:24 AM

Default Obama's press Secretary decorates home with Soviet Propaganda

Obama's press secretary decorates home with Soviet propaganda - The Week

Weird...

Old 04-12-2014, 11:30 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
As long as he's competent, i don't care if he decorates his house with shrunken human heads.

Old 04-12-2014, 11:37 AM

Default Militant Homosexuals attack Focus on The Family over Movie

‘Gay mafia’ attacks Focus on the Family movie

I will go see it SIMPLY because these scum hate it. First time spending money at a Movie Theater in almost 10 years.

Old 04-12-2014, 11:40 AM

1,136 posts, read 941,703 times
Or donates to Prop 8 ...oh, wait, you do care about that. So just the shrunken human heads then, right?

Old 04-12-2014, 11:42 AM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Summary:
"In Congressional races, 95 percent of the time the person with more money wins. It doesn't matter if they are a Republican or Democrat, conservative or liberal.
So, I founded Wolf PAC, which has only one, unstoppable mission -- amend the constitution to get the corrupting influence of money out of politics. We're not interested in awareness -- we're already quite aware of how screwed we are. We're not interested in consciousness raising or being a respected institution inside Washington, DC. We're interested in results!
Do you not realize that the problem could be the voters are uninformed, unable to comprehend, flat out ignorant or unable to think critically and have demostrated the inability to identify a photo of John Kerry, think Teddy Roosevelt just died and surprised to find the earth rotates around the sun?

Did you stop to think that legislators you elect are without ethics, morality and are ignorant or just profiteers?

Remember the legislator who thought Guam would tip over if too many troops landed on one side.

The CO legislator who had no idea what a hi capacity mag/clip was that she wanted to make illegal.

The leguislator who had 90K$$$ in his freezer.

The legislators who passed obamacare without reading it.

the president who said you could keep your doctor.

The speaker who said 'we have to pass it to see what is in it"

Voters re-elect these same legislators over and over.

The voters are the problem not big money.

Old 04-12-2014, 11:46 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Not weird, expected.

Old 04-12-2014, 11:48 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,711,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Of Four View Post
Why? Do I get to count the votes? If not how do I know who I vote for is where my vote was counted towards? Especially since electronic voting is now full fledged the way things are done its too easy to fix the elections.

No its not. Those are 2 different things. Spending money and spreading your viewpoint. I spread my viewpoint on here but I certainly don't have millions or billions to buy myself a candidate for office. ANYONE to blind to see what is going on is someone who should never be allowed to vote.
It is beyond any attempt at explanation, isn't it?

Well, except for one. It once again raises the question of paid propaganda. Certainly it's cheaper here than retaining Mike Huckabee.

Old 04-12-2014, 11:58 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Both the Blue Dog Democrats and moderate Republicans have pretty much gone silent in this era of partisan gridlock and divide. I wonder where they all went? Maybe they should get together and form a middle of the road third party.
So we can be demonized by the DNC smear machine just like the Republicans? No thanks, I'll stick with the GOP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies