Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2014, 11:48 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
I have not redefined anything. The 5percenters are 100% irrelevant to the lives of white Americans. The 5percenters don't have a history of doing anything to white Americans. There is not history of the 5percenters hurting white Americans, getting laws passed to deny white Americans anything. Going into white towns and killing white people, etc and so on. The 5percenters have not denied white Americans housing, jobs, tilted the criminal justice system against them. Nothing.

In the lived experiences of human beings that is how racism operates. The idea that strangers who have no power to impact your life in anyway and that you have never heard of...... is racism, is nonsense because we have real world examples of how racism works in this nation and it doesn't look like the 5percenters this is fact.

There is a history of white supremacy that dominated this whole nation, that lead to the murder, the dehumanization, the destruction of millions of human beings. White supremacy justified lyching people, justified not allowing people to read, justified medical experiments, justified political coups, justified denying people jobs, justified itself in this nation's most powerful political and business institutions. That is racism.

Now if you or anyone can show me where the 5percenters have caused that kind of misery.....stop embarrassing yourself.

Since you love to move the goal posts and change the definition to fit your small world view, let me help you in providing you the definition of racism;
[SIZE=4][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]Racism [/SIZE]

noun
1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2.a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.
Remember.... when all else fails... Google is your friend.

Old 04-10-2014, 11:52 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Silly. Politicians understand the poor very well which is why the food stamp recipient rate is so incredibly high and why cheap foreign labor "must" be made unlimited while many millions of Americans live off unemployment handouts and welfare programs. Politicians know how to buy their love and votes.

Old 04-10-2014, 11:55 AM

3,792 posts, read 2,385,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
#4. Poor Does Not Equal Unemployed
#3. Poor People Are Not Mindless Leeches
#2. Poor People Aren't Rampant Drug Addicts
#1. You Don't Have Real Sympathy for the Poor if You've Never Lived It
Yep.

You don't understand it unless you've lived it.

Old 04-10-2014, 11:57 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
And its crazy that you think its okay for some company to just say hey, this is my land all of a sudden and you better start paying me fees for it.. Then to top it off, bring in federal agents to subdue someone?
It is not "all of a sudden". He never owned the land. 20 years ago he stopped paying the usage fees and stopped abiding by the contract.

Old 04-10-2014, 12:02 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Since you love to move the goal posts and change the definition to fit your small world view, let me help you in providing you the definition of racism;
[SIZE=4][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]Racism [/SIZE]

noun
1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2.a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.
Remember.... when all else fails... Google is your friend.
My world view is HUGE where it concerns racism. Yours is small and irrelevant.

Again that is not how I define racism. I have supplied the way racism works. People having thoughts to me is not racism UNLESS those thoughts are backed up by systematic oppression. That is how racism works in the real world.

Black people's gripe with racism/white supremacy isn't that white racists say mean things. LOL.

Old 04-10-2014, 12:13 PM

2,821 posts, read 2,110,637 times
Quote:
It is not "all of a sudden". He never owned the land. 20 years ago he stopped paying the usage fees and stopped abiding by the contract.
Interesting . . . So, this gentleman has been leeching off the government for the past 20 years?

Old 04-10-2014, 12:14 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,132,701 times
I agree. The struggle for some working full time yet not having enough is incredibly stressful, And many people you have meet in your life were at homeless at least once. This does not mean sleeping rough for each one either. I was one of these people long ago.

As far as drugs and alcohol there are many who are not poor despite this, As they are functional. Not everything is black and white or even clear many times with this entire subject.

Old 04-10-2014, 12:14 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
My world view is HUGE where it concerns racism. Yours is small and irrelevant.

Again that is not how I define racism. I have supplied the way racism works. People having thoughts to me is not racism UNLESS those thoughts are backed up by systematic oppression. That is how racism works in the real world.

Black people's gripe with racism/white supremacy isn't that white racists say mean things. LOL.

For someone who talks about the real world, you're certainly not doing a good job at dealing with reality! Furthermore, quit being obtuse! I supplied you the full meaning of racism in black and white, and yet you still want to argue with a teenager like mentality. I mean, I know part of the leftist playbook is to move the goal posts, deflect, and then insult when they've been proven wrong over and over again, but that s*** doesn't work on me pal!

Old 04-10-2014, 12:20 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
Quote:
#4. Poor Does Not Equal Unemployed
#3. Poor People Are Not Mindless Leeches
#2. Poor People Aren't Rampant Drug Addicts
#1. You Don't Have Real Sympathy for the Poor if You've Never Lived It
Not ALL "poor" people are unemployed, mindless leeches or drug addicts, but MANY are.

I suppose I have been what you would consider "poor", although I do not have the mindset to call myself that. That is a victims termanology, not someone who intends to improve their station in life and is willing to work hard to do that.

Poverty of even the worst kind, can be overcome with perseverance, determination and effort. I have seen it personally and there are legions of "anecdotal stories" out there. (Dr. Ben Carson, being the first one that comes to mind).

Yes, disabled, elderly and children have a harder time raising themselves out of poverty than the able bodied, I will grant you that, and there are some cases where social assistance is warranted. But there is so much abuse in the system the people who NEED it do not receive the help that they should.

Part of the problem is that children are not taught how to be successful and how to handle money in school. That would help prevent the problem.

20yrsinBranson

Old 04-10-2014, 12:27 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Some of us who have seen poverty close up know that some of the easiest ways to be poor are to drop out of middle school or high school, have a baby but no spouse or job, constantly be fired from a job, be addicted to drugs or alcohol, have fewer job skills and so be very easily replaced in the job by the millions of illegals who politicians encourage with promises of easy citizenship and American Dreams.

Remittances to all Central American nations are way up, to just Mexico alone they are over $2 billion every month.

Same liberals pretending to wring their hands over poverty, want to keep importing millions more impoverished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies