Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you like to donate some money to Shanesha Taylor?
No, and put her in jail 53 53.00%
No, but don't put her in jail 41 41.00%
Yes, she deserves a handout more than the millions of other jobless folks out there 5 5.00%
Yes I will, as soon as I get a job 1 1.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 01:39 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Court ordered her to put $40,000 of the more than $ 100,000 in donations she collected into a trust fund for her children. She did not follow thru and the money is gone. She declines to account for it and instead now claims it was government over reach to mandate a trust fund because her kids ( babies) don't want to go to college.

It is known she bought designer clothes, took many trips and funded the baby daddy's studio time for a rap record. Trial was supposed to start in December and was postponed till after the new year.
wonderful. no good deed goes unpunished.

Shanesha Taylor who received donations denies wasting the cash | Daily Mail Online

Quote:
In July, Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery had said he would avoid prosecuting Taylor if she agreed to put $60,000 in trust funds for her children, who are both younger than school-age.That amount was later changed to $40,000.

She failed to deposit the required money into trust funds this month, and the Maricopa County Attorney's Office asked to reinstate prosecution against her.

Two weeks ago, Taylor told reporters she had $72,000 left of the donated money and failed to meet the deadline for other reasons.
Records: Shanesha Taylor spent about $4K a month
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2015, 02:33 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,974,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Yeah, and I'm sure you also walked 10 miles to school in the snow as well .
No, actually it was less than a mile, no matter what the weather. Downhill going to school, uphill going home.
Until Jr. High, that is. Then, it was a quarter mile walk to the bus stop, and a 7 mile bus trip to the town where the school was, no matter what the weather.

Old 01-22-2015, 02:54 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,728,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Civil rights leader says Shanesha Taylor spent money on rap album - ABC15 Arizona

"Maupin said he arranged jobs for Taylor in the hospitality industry, a business in which she told him she was interested.

"I call these Taylor-ready jobs, all she had to do was show up," Maupin said. "Unfortunately, she didn't."

"We had someone call my office and alert her attorney to the fact that she spent $6,000 at a music studio in Tempe to finish her baby daddy's rap album," Maupin said.

I feel bad for the people who were kind enough to donate money to this awful woman.
Not surprising. Many people are poor due to their own choices. It's why so many lottery winners end up broke. The people who donated gave her enough for rent, child care, an emergency fund, etc. Plus she had job offers. All she had to do was use a little money to get on her feet and then put some away for rainy day. She was all set to change her life and really take care of her children, but instead she wasted all the money and now she is broke again.

This is a great illustration of why just throwing money at people doesn't work. The government could confiscate every penny in the country and redistribute equally, and most people (rich, poor or in between) would end up back in the same situation at some point.

Old 01-22-2015, 03:51 PM

894 posts, read 1,050,425 times
Lol, she probably spent the money on weave and rims for her baby daddy's car.

Old 01-22-2015, 04:45 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Her youngest child was born addicted to drugs.

Getting clean is the easy part. Staying clean, not so much.
Baby's dad may have the same challenge.

Old 01-22-2015, 08:42 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,860,778 times
She needs some parenting classes.

Old 01-23-2015, 12:04 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,288 times
Very sad that she did not want to put that money toward her kids. I don't get it-why doesn't she want a future for them?

Old 01-23-2015, 01:17 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Everyone know's I'm a liberal but there has to be a line somewhere.
I hope they throw the book at this woman, lock her up for a long time, send the children to foster care and bill the baby daddy for the cost to raise them.
She's a totally self absorbed, irresponsible, menace to society and her own children. She gives every well intentioned, unmarried mother a bad name.

Old 01-23-2015, 01:32 PM

19,839 posts, read 12,099,283 times
What is she going to do when the IRS wants their portion of the donated money?

Old 01-23-2015, 01:59 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
What is she going to do when the IRS wants their portion of the donated money?
I followed this case since it started and I've come to the conclusion she hasn't thought past what color lipstick she's going to wear for the day.

She exudes self centered ignorance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies