Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2014, 07:06 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,344,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Yes, Regan while charismatic and saying some of the right things, sadly expanded the role of government during his tenure.
He also spent like a drunken sailor when it suited his agenda.

Thus my question of why he is worshipped as a conservative hero when he both grew the government he claimed was THE problem and spent other peoples' $$$ like water when it suited his ideas, two actions conservatives claim to oppose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2014, 02:02 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,401,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
He also spent like a drunken sailor when it suited his agenda.

Thus my question of why he is worshipped as a conservative hero when he both grew the government he claimed was THE problem and spent other peoples' $$$ like water when it suited his ideas, two actions conservatives claim to oppose.
Don't forget about the eleven tax increases and seventeen debt limit hikes!

Old 04-10-2014, 02:11 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times
Liberals don't have God to believe in so they put their faith in politicians like Obama and the Clintons.

Old 04-10-2014, 04:38 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,439,943 times
I don't exactly trust the government, I just trust them more than individuals and businesses (in some circumstances). Private people and groups having freedom to work for their own interests is a good thing most of the time, but not all of the time. This is common sense.

Old 04-10-2014, 04:46 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,633,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Liberals don't have God to believe in so they put their faith in politicians like Obama and the Clintons.
And yet over 78% of the adults in the US self-identify as Christians according to PewResearch polls. That means there's an awful lot of liberals who believe in God.

Of course, the god the rabid right-wingers worship is Mammon so I guess you could argue the liberals don't worship the "right" god.

Old 04-10-2014, 04:51 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,452,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
And yet over 78% of the adults in the US self-identify as Christians according to PewResearch polls. That means there's an awful lot of liberals who believe in God.

Of course, the god the rabid right-wingers worship is Mammon so I guess you could argue the liberals don't worship the "right" god.
Excellent point.

And my brother-in-law is a devout Mammonite.

Old 04-10-2014, 05:00 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,274,303 times
Once again there is that Us vs Them attitude. Liberals this & Liberals that. Conservatives this & Conservatives that. It's all your fault, it's all their fault. etc. etc.

The truth of the matter, the powers that be (the corporations) want it that way. If they can keep us "little people" fighting amongst each other, they hopefully, we won't see what they are doing. And they perpetuate that mistrust. If you listen to Fox News or the ads paid for by the Koch brothers-it is all lies and distortions. Fox News keep trying to plant the seed that Obama is not an American citizen even though he has released his birth certificate. Now they keep wanted him to release the "REAL" one. They want people to believe he is "not like us" and therefore we must distrust him. One of the "rumors" was that Obama was going to take away your guns. Well, he has been in office for 5 years now and from what I can, he hasn't taken away one gun.

So, while people are busy being fearful of Obama, the Koch brothers are trying to buy elections (thanks to the Supreme Court. ) It isn't the Government we should fear, it is the politicians who are paid by these rich fatcats to do their bidding we should fear. We used to have a government of the people, by the people, for the people. Now we have a government of the corporations, by the corporations for the corporations. And that will only get worse unless we take money out of elections.

Cat

Old 04-10-2014, 05:48 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,210,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
...as a liberal and a Black male, I find this post extremely offensive.
Educate your self.

www.black-and-right.com

Old 04-10-2014, 06:57 PM

30,306 posts, read 51,908,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
They only way they survive is by living off the backs of productive conservatives who are forced to prop them up.
Yeah, because we all know there are NO productive and hard-working liberals... of course, that would mean everyone here in Silicon Valley is actually a Republican in disguise. Not only that, but apparently I've been getting my paychecks from conservatives - and really should just go home after my dinner break, even though my schedule says I'm working until 9pm tonight. But it's just a fake job, used as a front for those welfare dollars you personally provide for me. Got it.

Old 04-10-2014, 06:59 PM

30,306 posts, read 51,908,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
The simplest answer is sheer stupidity.
That is the simple answer - and by simple, I mean uneducated and childlike in its ridiculousness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies