Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 05:07 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
True. And there would be some kind of consequence for breaking the terms of the border crossing cards. More important would be to have the politicuans stop pandering to foreign lawbreakers. Of course illegals don't respect the laws or the border. Obama himself has no respect for the laws or the border, he promises all good things to any foreigner who makes it into this country illegally, and Jeb Bush loves them.

Right ha! we can't seem to win in this matter, but lose because both sides, are chicken chit, to do what is right and just for Americans, not for illegal law breakers.

I really loathe those people who are cope outs, and really don't give a damn about how Americans really feel.

Old 04-14-2014, 05:14 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
bs
Not BS. I have pulled many a train with UP through the border crossing at Nogales and CBP and BP has their dogs out. They alert to money, people, and narcotics.

I have seen them take bundles of money out of frame work of rail cars after a dog alerted.

So don't tell me its BS. I have witnessed it.

Old 04-14-2014, 05:17 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Naah,Canadian retirees wanting to spend their pensions in the southern sun are the only ones you actively discourage from coming into your country.
As long as they don't stay over 6 months, the US doesn't care.

Old 04-14-2014, 06:52 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
As long as they don't stay over 6 months, the US doesn't care.
And at the aforementioned Border Patrol checkpoints along the Southwestern border, I've seen a car with Canadian plates waved through immediately ahead us, but stopping our U.S. vehicle. The agent mocked me back when I told him about it, saying something like the car was also full of Koreans and Vietnamese. I gave my statement of citizenship, he checked our car with Hispanics in it, and we were on our way.

Old 04-15-2014, 07:01 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
And at the aforementioned Border Patrol checkpoints along the Southwestern border, I've seen a car with Canadian plates waved through immediately ahead us, but stopping our U.S. vehicle. The agent mocked me back when I told him about it, saying something like the car was also full of Koreans and Vietnamese. I gave my statement of citizenship, he checked our car with Hispanics in it, and we were on our way.
It seems to me that it would be less likely that a car with Canadian plates coming thru our southern border would be carrying illegal aliens assuming that the car was simply waved thru without looking at the passengers.

On the other hand a car with U.S. plates would be more likely to be carrying illegal aliens because most illegal aliens from south of our border settle here in the U.S. and get smuggled in all the time. Add to that once the passengers are viewed and some are obviously Latinos it would send up a red flag to the BP. I don't understand how someone would be offended by it as long as everything checked out. It would be advisable to stop acting like a victim and just be glad that the BP are doing their jobs to make sure illegals aren't entering our country especially would be terrorists and criminals. I would think that someone who served in our military would completely understand how necessary it is to protect our borders and ports rather than taking it personal.

Old 04-15-2014, 07:13 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,668,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
So, you don't mind the undocumented immigrants just driving over here?
Illegal immigrants

Old 04-15-2014, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It seems to me that it would be less likely that a car with Canadian plates coming thru our southern border would be carrying illegal aliens assuming that the car was simply waved thru without looking at the passengers.

On the other hand a car with U.S. plates would be more likely to be carrying illegal aliens because most illegal aliens from south of our border settle here in the U.S. and get smuggled in all the time. Add to that once the passengers are viewed and some are obviously Latinos it would send up a red flag to the BP. I don't understand how someone would be offended by it as long as everything checked out. It would be advisable to stop acting like a victim and just be glad that the BP are doing their jobs to make sure illegals aren't entering our country especially would be terrorists and criminals. I would think that someone who served in our military would completely understand how necessary it is to protect our borders and ports rather than taking it personal.
The car with Canadian plates wasn't coming through a Port of Entry, it was a Border Patrol checkpoint, which is what this topic is about. It appears that there are still some people (calling other members "open boarders people", or thinking that with no interior checkpoints that illegal aliens are then able to cross the border) mixing up the two, I can get some Google Map image locations and commence school, how about it? Shouldn't someone concerned about finding every illegal alien want the Border Patrol to search all possible vehicles?

Who said the Canadian car didn't have "would be terrorists and criminals"? I know as a former military member that "terrorists" are able to avoid being profiled as such. Your comment doesn't consider the depth of the issue, and you are reacting against me instead.

Last edited by IBMMuseum; 04-15-2014 at 10:07 AM..

Old 04-15-2014, 09:52 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
The car with Canadian plates wasn't coming through a Port of Entry, it was a Border Patrol checkpoint, which is what this topic is about. It appears that there are still some people (calling other members "open boarders people", or thinking that with no interior checkpoints that illegal aliens are then able to cross the border), I can get some Google Map image locations and commence school, how about it? Shouldn't someone concerned about finding every illegal alien want the Border Patrol to search all possible vehicles?

Who said the Canadian car didn't have "would be terrorists and criminals"? I know as a former military member that "terrorists" are able to avoid being profiled as such. Your comment doesn't consider the depth of the issue, and you are reacting against me instead.
Of course I would like every car checked but it wasn't so why take it personal? That's what this really is about, isn't it? If you'd put that victim card down just once perhaps you could think more clearly. We have a BP checkpoint halfway down to San Diego. Some cars are checked some aren't so I don't know what their criteria is as many times those with a state's license plates are waved thru before it is even possible to see what the passengers look like.

I said it is "less" likely that someone with Canadian license plates coming thru our southern border would be harboring illegal aliens not that it isn't possible. Tell you what why don't you contact the BP and find out what their criteria is for stopping cars because I find it hard to believe that they only stop cars with Hispanics in them when I have seen them flag cars thru with no way of knowing what the passengers look like.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 04-15-2014 at 10:32 AM..

Old 04-15-2014, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Of course I would like every car checked but it wasn't so why take it personal? That's what this really is about, isn't it? If you'd put that victim card down just once perhaps you could think more clearly. We have a BP checkpoint halfway down to San Diego. Some cars are checked some aren't so I don't know what their criteria is as many times those with a state's license plates are waved thru before it is even possible to see what the passengers look like.

I said it is "less" likely that someone with Canadian license plates coming thru our southern border would be harboring illegal aliens not that it isn't possible. Tell you what why don't you contact the BP and find out what their criteria is for stopping cars because I find it hard to believe that they only stop cars with Hispanics in them when I have seen them flag cars thru with no way of knowing what the passengers look like.
I'm saying that profiling doesn't work, especially for discovering "would be terrorists and criminals". You're also setting up a "straw man", as I did not say the Border Patrol is only stopping Hispanics at checkpoints.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 04-15-2014 at 10:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies