Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 11:30 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I would like to hear of any president who hasn't used tax payer money to travel, hold multiple fund raisers and disguise them as official business.

It was bad form though to set it for the same day as the memorial. Just as it was bad form to do a fund raiser before the smoke had even cleared in Benghazi. Just as it was bad form to give a "shout out" to a special interest group before addressing the previous Fort Hood shooting:

Obama eventually comments on Fort Hood Shooting... After he gives SHOUTOUT.. - YouTube

I look to the president of the United States to understand and speak for all citizens, when they are in shock and mourning on a national level. I have waited for almost six years to see some sense of that ability in Obama, but haven't seen it yet. I don't believe he has it in him.
Which nation was mourning on a national level? It sure as hell wasn`t this one. We have a mass murder (4 or more) on the average of every 10 days. It was just another day for 99.9% of Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2014, 11:57 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Which nation was mourning on a national level? It sure as hell wasn`t this one. We have a mass murder (4 or more) on the average of every 10 days. It was just another day for 99.9% of Americans.
Yea right, why should we care. It was more important for Obama to go to bed so he could jet off to Las Vegas to grub for more money.

Obama is pathetic and if this is the best you got! god help you.

Old 04-09-2014, 11:59 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
I cannot wait for the next Republican administration so that I can make all of you squirm when that president inevitably fundraises, goes on vacation, etc. It will be fascinating to learn how that will be excused as completely different.

Old 04-09-2014, 12:00 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I cannot wait for the next Republican administration so that I can make all of you squirm when that president inevitably fundraises, goes on vacation, etc. It will be fascinating to learn how that will be excused as completely different.
I can't wait for it either so Republicans can use the IRS against liberals who want a voice.

Old 04-09-2014, 01:01 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I can't wait for it either so Republicans can use the IRS against liberals who want a voice.
And that's the thing.

Unless we (WE - the citizens of this country) demand more from our elected officials (you know..........the people who work for US, and represent US.......ALL of us), we'll never have any better than what we have now, regardless of which initial is behind their name.

I don't want the IRS targeting liberals any more than I want them targeting Tea Party groups. I don't want someone in the WH who is unqualified or who is worshipped by either the media (who is supposed to be tasked with questioning the questionable) or the citizens (who are supposed to force these idiots to work for the good of the nation........the real good........not just the politically-opportune-good).

No. No. This country has been through the wringer for years because of who and what we elected, and what we have allowed to happen. We deserved everything we got. But we as a nation should expect and demand better than what we've been getting, and if we DON'T demand it, it will be more of the same year in and year out, one election after another, until one day we will stupidly wake up and stupidly wonder just what the hell happened.

Old 04-09-2014, 01:18 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yea right, why should we care. It was more important for Obama to go to bed so he could jet off to Las Vegas to grub for more money..
Again with the right wing fairy tales. Repeating this fiction over and over again doesn't make it true.

Old 04-09-2014, 02:13 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Obama has no heart.. that was apparent when the men of Bengazi died and he tried to cover it up .... he was not concerned...keeping power is all Obama is about.

Old 04-09-2014, 02:23 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,745 times
You guys can't be serious.

Old 04-09-2014, 02:37 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Obama has no heart.. that was apparent when the men of Bengazi died and he tried to cover it up
Um, no, Obama didn't try to hide the deaths.

Old 04-09-2014, 02:39 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Which high ranking Republicans went to the service and where did they go afterwards?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies