Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 06:21 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,897,856 times

Advertisements

If conservatives are so against poor people having kids, why are they so against and working towards making free and accessible birth control non-existent? Why the push for abstinence based sex education (proven to NOT work)? It makes little sense...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2014, 06:34 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,003,266 times
Name an era of humankind when the poor didn't have more kids than everyone else.

It's always been that way. ALWAYS.

Old 04-09-2014, 06:44 PM

46,001 posts, read 34,997,176 times
Do we need to have a "birds and the bees" talk on city data?

Old 04-09-2014, 06:48 PM

241 posts, read 171,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Maybe part of your lack of understanding is thinking of poor people as animals instead of human beings.
They are republicans you expect more from the party of the rich and by the rich? I will vote for my first democrat next month. Kind of excited! People like those first 2 posters are the reason why.

Old 04-09-2014, 07:05 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,491,895 times
Because they're horney?

Old 04-09-2014, 07:11 PM

61,290 posts, read 87,094,098 times
Kids are your sole ticket to welfare

Old 04-09-2014, 07:13 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,574,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Maybe part of your lack of understanding is thinking of poor people as animals instead of human beings.
No, it is YOUR lack of understanding. All we heard was Obama demanding that people pay more taxes. The working Americans pay enough damn taxes and they are tired of supporting a bunch of people who take advantage of people who work.

Get it. No one respects people that take from others.

Old 04-09-2014, 07:14 PM

35,095 posts, read 50,971,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie_hair View Post
First of all, I want to make it clear that (1) I'm more progressive than most progressives I know, (2) I abhor paying for single moms who are on welfare, (3) I absolutely hate seeing so much of my tax dollars paying for leeches, and (4) I am absolutely behind Obama.

That said, being realistic, I have to accept that the poor/uneducated will always have way way way more kids than they can support. It happens in countries that have social safety nets and countries without social safety nets. Have you ever been to a 3rd world country lately? Most of them have no welfare programs, and their poor pump out kids like there is no tomorrow.

It's just a fact of life. It's less of a headache if you just ignore it.

Yes, that's it only the poor/uneducated get pregnant simply because they are poor and uneducated.

There has not been one high school or college student get pregnant or cause a pregnancy that comes from a comfortable/wealthy family and is obviously being educated since they are in high school or college.

Have you looked around the real world lately that is not a 3rd word country?

Old 04-09-2014, 07:15 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,193,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I know I go against even some Conservatives on this, and nearly all liberals, but when this country started rewarding the poor who have kids, it started down not just a dangerous path. But an extremely stupid one.

Why in the hell do we look for ways to reward those who knowingly have kids, yet can barely take care of themselves? Most of these situations arent people who accidentally get pregnant. (and let's be honest, you dont ever "accidentally" get pregnant. We all know the possible out come of sex). Giving these people handouts and rewards for having kids is like rewarding your dog for getting himself into trouble or making a mess. Now people not just expect it, but they want more and more. And if you dont want to do more, you hate the poor or hate the children.

Personal responsibility no longer exists. People are afraid to say on national tv that you should not have kids if you can't afford it, and you should no longer be rewarded.
Wouldn't it make more sense to reward those who are responsible, so the poor have something to aspire to? I think people should be rewarded for having a full-time job and paying their own bills. A quarterly bonus from the government.

Old 04-09-2014, 07:31 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,295,587 times
Default A tired question common among the Right

I think the focus should be on why more is not done to help those who have kids, HELP THEMSELVES. Everything and anything should be done to help those who are poor, get out of poverty, and stay out. Bigotry, racial discrimination, the good old boy networks must be eliminated and minimized. Ignorance about the poor from the Right must be confronted. We can count on Conservatives to continue to be absolutely worthless in this regard.

Instead, when a person is poor, they assume he's lazy. If he has kids, they assume he's stupid because he had them. Forget the fact that Conservatives favor profit, bigotry, and good old boy networks, over employer loyalty, job security, good wages, and exceptional health care. Conservatives would rather hire foreign labor to maximize profits and displace qualified Americans, than retraining Americans, paying them great wages, giving them excellent health care, and job security.

I say we eliminate the GOP, so money is not wasted on political campaigns to deceive the American public into supporting some of its candidates, and INSTEAD use that money to help people out of poverty, NO MATTER HOW MANY KIDS THEY HAVE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies