Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 07:42 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,750,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Yes I do have proof. Informed people know. And it says nothing about me. Just like your posts say nothing about anything.
Is it better to say bigoted?

"If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house"

"White folks was in caves while we was building empires.... We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it."
Yes, Al does have a way with words, and very classy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2014, 07:49 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Calling him a slimeball and a scumbag doesn`t really prove that he`s a racist does it? Actually it says more about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Yes I do have proof. Informed people know. And it says nothing about me. Just like your posts say nothing about anything.
Is it better to say bigoted?

"If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house"

"White folks was in caves while we was building empires.... We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it."

Hmmm gmagoo..... with these statements it kind of sounds like Sharpton is indeed a bigot. Are you another one of those that subscribe to the hypocrisy and double standard that it's OK for one group to spew racist garbage like this, but not OK for another to do so?

Old 04-11-2014, 10:55 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
LOL at those quotes. In regards to the Jews, I personally don't see what is bigoted about that. He was inviting them to fight lol.

For the 2nd one, the only thing that could be construed as bigoted was the "homos" part. The rest of it is true in regards to Africans versus Europeans in ancient history lol. Al is a character. Leader, not so much lol.

Al purports to be a reverend and he purports to be a supporter of non-violent demonstration (contrary to his fighting the Jews comments above, but I doubt he was speaking of a physical fight, probably a battle of wills) so it would make sense that he would not advocate arming oneself for protection. He mostly wants to work in the diplomatic fashion, not militaristic. It is funny you mentioned that as if it is some sort of horrible thing that he doesn't advocate armed protection like the original Black Panther Party (and what happened to them????) and the Nation of Islam who you probably also have a low opinion of in regards to Farrakhan.

And FWIW, once again, I am black. I own a gun. My parents did, my grandparents did and we are not an astutely "conservative" family. Most of my family are staunch Democrats and pretty liberal on most issues (except many social ones like abortion and gay marriage). A healthy percentage of black people are legal gun owners in this country already and I'm sure that if research was done, it would be found that many more illegal guns are owned. My dad has a few that aren't registered and that were gifts to him from family members. I live in the south and know a lot of self proclaimed "country" black folks who go down to south GA to shoot their new toys every couple of months lol.

I read somewhere that 13-14% of black Americans are legal gun owners. About 25% of whites are. That is not that great of a difference.

But I agree that more blacks should be legal gun owners. I personally feel that we should follow the lead of Huey Newton and all have open carry or concealed carry permits. Black people carrying and owning guns will be the only way to get gun reform lol. Reagan changed the laws in CA because of the original BPPs and their open carrying and policing of the police in the 1960s. Just like whites don't like to buy homes in black neighborhoods, they won't want guns available if a large amount of blacks walk around strapped lol.
I'm more worried about being shot by law enforcement than anyone else.

Of course I have a low regard to Farrakhan as a person. This in spite of some of his speeches like the one in Atlanta denouncing the Federal Reserve. I won't forget about the NOI founding based on white people being the devil.
X is a hero. He had no problem speaking out against Elijah Muhammad and apologizing for his own racist past.
I have no idea why MSM still has Rev Al on. Tabloid journalism.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:00 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
the reason Al uses that rhetoric is because it works.

he wouldn't get attention if he talked PC

Old 04-11-2014, 02:54 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,031,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Most likely because the Republicans saw an opportunity to openly embrace racism, put on sheets and encourage the Klan and the like to pick up their guns and follow them. It has worked quite well for them, I must say.
This has to be one of the most ridiculous posts ever. Never mind that Dr. King was a lifelong Republican, and so was his father and his entire family.

Let me correct it for you:

Most likely because the Democrats saw an opportunity to openly embrace racism, put on sheets and encourage the Klan and the like to pick up their guns and follow them. It worked quite well for them, I must say.

Democrats realized they were going to lose everything after the atrocities they perpetuated during the Selma Freedom march. The white voting base was ashamed to see the violence towards blacks on their televisions. Within 1 year they transformed themselves into the Santa Claus Party to secure the poor vote forever, and it has worked ever since. The DNC treats the poor vote as something to be purchased, which is still a bigoted way of treating them.

THAT is the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Hmmm gmagoo..... with these statements it kind of sounds like Sharpton is indeed a bigot. Are you another one of those that subscribe to the hypocrisy and double standard that it's OK for one group to spew racist garbage like this, but not OK for another to do so?
The answer is fairly obvious to most of us.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:29 PM

22,660 posts, read 24,585,979 times
Same reason many women will stick-up/make excuses for a women who slaughters her kids. People group by race and gender......many times that will outweigh most everything else.

Old 04-12-2014, 10:10 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Same reason many women will stick-up/make excuses for a women who slaughters her kids. People group by race and gender......many times that will outweigh most everything else.

Really now! because I cannot think of one good reason at all, any sane women would stick up for another woman, who slaughters her own children at all? Cannot tell you what I think of women who do this to their own children.

And here today in 2014 should be no problems with race of any kind from anyone. And yes some people add to the fire, and make matters that are simple, a Mountian. They add steam to the fire. Those who want respect, should earn respect and should not be given so freely.

Old 04-12-2014, 10:25 AM

23,541 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Sharpton, race hustler with a bad hairdo who is anything but articulate and promotes racial division for his own profit.

AS reflects his supporters attitudes and racist feelings. It is a case of, "I like you because you are like me".

What's not to love about that street corner shyster who exagerates situations at the expense of race relations?

Old 04-13-2014, 04:09 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,001,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
the reason Al uses that rhetoric is because it works.

he wouldn't get attention if he talked PC
In other words, he expects his audience - Democrats - to be ignorant.

So, why does he get any respect?

Old 04-13-2014, 04:11 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
So Al Sharpton has his National Action Network thing going on. Holder has attended and Obama plans to. Sharpton has recently received praise from De Blasio, NYC Mayor, as the "real thing".
He gets attention just like Hitler did and many other really bad guys. Respect? Not so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies