Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 09:37 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,934,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
It's too bad she missed.
Whoever you are, I dare say you are no gentleman nor lady.

People do not deserve to have a shoe thrown at them.

You do not deserve to have someone slap you or punch you in the face, either ... even though many people would applaud that action.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2014, 09:54 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post

That mentally ill woman needs therapy. Go Hillary!
A palpable tautology.

Old 04-12-2014, 09:56 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Gotta say, Bush had a way quicker reaction time when a shoe was thrown at him.
Well, if you watch the Bush video, he saw the man coming well before the shoe was tossed.

Harrier doesn't know how much time Mrs. Clinton had to see what was coming her way.

He still doesn't want her answering the phone at 3 a.m.

Old 04-12-2014, 10:40 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Even if it wasn't staged -- what's the big deal about throwing shoes at lying politicians like Hillary? The Obama administration has said that throwing rocks at border agents is no big deal and it's not an assault if they're pelted with rocks.

Why have a double standard? If it's okay to throw rocks at border agents, it should be okay to throw rocks or anything softer at politicians.

Old 04-13-2014, 04:02 AM

7,010 posts, read 11,967,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Even if it wasn't staged -- what's the big deal about throwing shoes at lying politicians like Hillary? The Obama administration has said that throwing rocks at border agents is no big deal and it's not an assault if they're pelted with rocks.

Why have a double standard? If it's okay to throw rocks at border agents, it should be okay to throw rocks or anything softer at politicians.
Source on where Obama says that border agents are fair game to have rocks thrown at them?

Why don't you go ahead and throw a shoe and then make this kind of statement to the authorities. It's against the law buddy.

Old 04-13-2014, 04:22 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,211,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Whoever you are, I dare say you are no gentleman nor lady.

People do not deserve to have a shoe thrown at them.

You do not deserve to have someone slap you or punch you in the face, either ... even though many people would applaud that action.
In today's society you had BETTER learn to roll with the punches no matter who you are, pun is intended. Especially if you're a low life politician!

Old 04-13-2014, 04:39 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Not a Hillary fan but that is assault and inexcusable.
my thoughts exactly; talk about childish: When I read about it, I could do nothing more than shake my head and wonder, what's next?

Old 04-13-2014, 04:41 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,211,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
my thoughts exactly; talk about childish: When I read about it, I could do nothing more than shake my head and wonder, what's next?
Better to be a shoe than a well placed rifle round.

Old 04-13-2014, 05:05 AM

1,074 posts, read 757,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Seriously, doesn't she reminds you of the wicked witch in OZ. "I'll get you my pretty".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

A woman was taken into federal custody Thursday after throwing a shoe at Hillary Clinton as the former Secretary of State began a Las Vegas convention keynote speech.

The incident happened moments after Clinton took the stage before an Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries meeting at the Mandalay Bay resort.

Clinton ducked, and she did not appear to be hit by the object. She then joked about it.

"Is that somebody throwing something at me? Is that part of Cirque de Soleil?" Clinton quipped.

Shoe Thrown at Hillary Clinton During Speech - ABC News
Yes, she does, and she deserved the shoe. I wish it had hit her.

Old 04-13-2014, 05:22 AM

30,246 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Not a Hillary fan but that is assault and inexcusable.
Agreed. I don't like her one tiny bit, but just as with Bush, I don't find it funny, or excusable, to be hurling things at people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies