Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 09:54 AM

1,690 posts, read 2,060,605 times

Advertisements

I did a lot of thinking about Obama as president.

He can be discredited in many many many places:

1) Irresponsible health care reform rash funding without careful economic analysis

2) Exaggerated and ineffective Govt spending on economic recovery when the goal should have been carefully targeting stimulus with serious focus on national debt level

3) Deceptive communication to the public "you can keep your policy...but not really really...

4) Lack of compromise with other side of the aisle and the blame game

These have killed Obama's approval rating

But here is where Obama deserves credit:

1) Improving diplomatic relations with nations overseas

2) Reducing the will of organizations to terrorize our country

3) Owning up to US share of responsibility in wars and natural disasters abroad

4) Maintaining the trust of our import partners (China, Japan, India) in continuing to invest in US faith and credit as without this foreign money we would be screwed right now

5) Developing standards in the Middle East that have reduced the violence in Israel-Palestine

6) Competent use of our military equipment and deployment of troops

7) Motivational figurehead speaker and voice of minority groups domestic and abroad ...levels with them very well

Absent these 7 pointers, we could not reach the debt level we are at as a nation and have the functionality of global partners who shape the fact that the dollar is not being devalued, the prices of food and merchandise not inflating as much as could have been the case

I guess like ability abroad is an underrated attribute almost as essential as the debt level. Obama doesn't get credit enough for the like ability abroad

Old 04-11-2014, 09:59 AM

1,136 posts, read 942,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricS39 View Post
But here is where Obama deserves credit:

4) Maintaining the trust of our import partners (China, Japan, India) in continuing to invest in US faith and credit as without this foreign money we would be screwed right now

5) Developing standards in the Middle East that have reduced the violence in Israel-Palestine

6) Competent use of our military equipment and deployment of troops

7) Motivational figurehead speaker and voice of minority groups domestic and abroad ...levels with them very well
1) The Middle East is in a shambles, Russia is on the move, and everyone in Europe is laughing at Obama.

2) Sure, but what did he do to accomplish this? I'd be fascinated to know. Try not to use "continuing Bush's policies."

3) True. He's great at apologizing for the evil U.S.

4) Um ...great spin on China owning all of our debt.

5) No. Just no.

6) I think the military disagrees.

7) What? This is truly confusing.

All I have is:

- Can pick decent NCAA brackets

- Competent on late night shows

Old 04-11-2014, 10:01 AM

702 posts, read 726,810 times
I'd say the fact that 3,000 americans didn't die in a massive terror attack on US soil would be one for the positive column.

Old 04-11-2014, 10:02 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
No he didn't. He alienated Israel; Saudi Arabia is aghast over the deal with Iran which even France is against. Sat on the fence in Syria, weak over Russia's imperialism.

Quote:
What do you call what happened in Benghazi?
Quote:
Yep he did go on the world apology tour.
Quote:
He did nothing. That was already occurring.
Quote:
Palestinians are playing Kerry like a tool.
And I give up. The man is incompetent on all levels.

Old 04-11-2014, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EntropyGuardian View Post
I'd say the fact that 3,000 americans didn't die in a massive terror attack on US soil would be one for the positive column.
So Barack Obama's "positive" is that Bill Clinton wasn't in charge? I'll buy that.

Old 04-11-2014, 10:05 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownblues View Post
1) The Middle East is in a shambles, Russia is on the move, and everyone in Europe is laughing at Obama.

2) Sure, but what did he do to accomplish this? I'd be fascinated to know. Try not to use "continuing Bush's policies."

3) True. He's great at apologizing for the evil U.S.

4) Um ...great spin on China owning all of our debt.

5) No. Just no.

6) I think the military disagrees.

7) What? This is truly confusing.

All I have is:

- Can pick decent NCAA brackets

- Competent on late night shows
Don't forget that he got Bin Laden! It's laughable that this was a major selling point for his re-election.

Old 04-11-2014, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Don't forget that he got Bin Laden! It's laughable that this was a major selling point for his re-election.
Yeah, he was like "hey, why are you guys dragging me off the golf course?? LET GO OF ME! DO YOU KNOW WHO I ...oh, you want me to see something?"

Old 04-11-2014, 10:06 AM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Barack Obama's positive accomplishments as president:

... crickets ...

Old 04-11-2014, 10:07 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
I liked the tariff he put on imported tires.

It coast me about $100 last spring....but, IMO we should tax many imports.

Yep....I am a "R"......

Old 04-11-2014, 10:09 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times
Quote:
I did a lot of thinking about Obama as president.
Sorry, there is just a lot wrong here.

Quote:
1) Irresponsible health care reform rash funding without careful economic analysis
Obamacare is actually projected by the CBO to reduce the deficit over time. Yep, you heard it... reduce.

Why? Obamacare is more fiscally conservative than a previous health care plan.

Quote:
2) Exaggerated and ineffective Govt spending on economic recovery when the goal should have been carefully targeting stimulus with serious focus on national debt level
Nope. The jobs bill was blocked by Republicans. Also, most of the "stimulus" was used by GOP-led state governors to shore up their own state deficits, rather than invest in job creation.

Quote:
3) Deceptive communication to the public "you can keep your policy...but not really really...
.......is this seriously your argument?

Quote:
4) Lack of compromise with other side of the aisle and the blame game
If you are referring to not appeasing the bat **** crazy Tea Party over the debt-ceiling.. that is not called a "compromise." You cannot make demands in exchange for doing your constitutional duty. Compromise involves mutual concessions, for which House Republicans have offered none.

Quote:
These have killed Obama's approval rating
Obama's approval rating has been under assault by the GOP since day one. Not a single talking point has been correct in the last five years. None of them. In fact, they all have been wrong. The only reason his approval rating is so low is the sheep are constantly being fed crap that they want to hear:

"Obamacare is a job killer"
...unemployment is still decreasing.

"Obamacare is a train wreck"
.....sign up goals met, despite botched roll out.

"Obama is a spendthrift"
......deficit is down to half of what he inherited

"Obama is the food stamp president"
.....welfare spending has declined since 2010.

"Obama's policies kill the economy"
....Wall Street profits soaring, stock market at all time highs, unemployment trending down

"Blah blah blah blah blah"

All wrong. All of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies