Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 03:32 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
hell they spend more than that on trips to the motherland

Laura made 5 trips to Africa during her husband's second term. Bush visited Africa twice while president. They have made 3 trips since he left office and the Secret Service continues to protect them 24/7, wherever they go.

Laura Bush traveled to 73 countries while first lady and spent 212 days abroad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2014, 03:35 PM

1,136 posts, read 941,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Laura made 5 trips to Africa during her husband's second term. Bush visited Africa twice while president. They have made 3 trips since he left office and the Secret Service continues to protect them 24/7, wherever they go.

Laura Bush traveled to 73 countries while first lady and spent 212 days abroad.
Fascinating stuff. How much did they spend versus the Obamas? Because on Michelle's one trip to Ibiza, I believe, she spent multiple millions and I don't recall Laura Bush doing that.

Old 04-11-2014, 03:38 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Default Developing: who cares?

Another nonsense thread by Right about nothing. Romney didn't pay any taxes, yet made more. Where is the outrage among the regressive Right?

Old 04-11-2014, 03:39 PM

1,136 posts, read 941,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Another nonsense thread by Right about nothing. Romney didn't pay any taxes, yet made more. Where is the outrage among the regressive Right?
Romney didn't pay any taxes? Every time you write, it's full of false information. Literally anything you've ever written is wrong.

Old 04-11-2014, 03:40 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,439,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
I kind of wonder why Tea Party types dont volunteer more since they support Medicare, Medicaid for seniors, Tricare, VA, and all the defense spending. The first person in line should be a Tea Partier...oh I forgot they dont pay taxes...most are part of Romney's 47%.

You know your really full of it hot air that is. Unless you yourself! personally know every single one person who is a member of the Tea Party, your blowing HOT AIR. Do you know each and every single one of them, oh no you don't! your guesstimate is not good enough. The first person in line should be a crook, and that speaks well for the Democrat PARTY.

Old 04-11-2014, 03:47 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,658,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
Very interesting. Now explain to me how Obama's wealth went from peanuts to in excess of $12 Million in four years. I keep multiplying his "salary" and somehow, it just doesn't add up. Must be "Common Core" math. 20.4% is a nice tax bracket.

Obamas pay $98,169 in taxes on income of $481,098 - The Washington Post

I think it is by the same manner that Harry Reid, Bill Clinton, Al Gore, and Tom Harkin all started political office with a very modest net worth, only to achieve net worths of $28 million, estimated $220 million, estimated $160 million, and $26 million respectively.

All these "defenders of the little guy" sure seem to become wealthy men by ripping off the little guy and obtaining inexplicable levels of wealth through "public service".

I am sure that few, if any, liberal politicians believe the crap that they are selling, but simply use such practices of government handouts to secure political power and wealth for themselves.

I paid 4X as much as Obama in federal taxes. However, I, as a citizen, am not a member of the Obama crime organization and am therefore one of "the little people" who just have to knuckle under while Obama and his gang are made fabulously wealthy off of our labor.

Old 04-11-2014, 03:51 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,134,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownblues View Post
Fascinating stuff. How much did they spend versus the Obamas? Because on Michelle's one trip to Ibiza, I believe, she spent multiple millions and I don't recall Laura Bush doing that.
And how did Michelle spend all this public money that Laura didn't? Did Laura just bring a single mall cop to protect her while she flew in coach on a super saver?

You really need to get out of the right wing bubble. I know you BELIEVE that Laura was a frugal steward of the public treasury, while Michelle spends endlessly and lavishly, however, the reality is that they were both doing what first ladies do.

You just look absurd when you say things like this.

Old 04-11-2014, 03:54 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
From what I have read, the records of cost related to family travel during the Bush years seems to have gone missing.

The number and cost of the Bush family trips was not the issue it has been with the Obama family, despite the Bush family, especially Laura, traveling substantially more than Michelle Obama.

GW Bush holds the record for most vacation days at 879 which included a 5 week vacation.
As of last summer, Obama had recorded 92 days.

No president is every fully on vacation.
First Ladies make many "good will" trips.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 04-11-2014 at 04:07 PM..

Old 04-11-2014, 03:54 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,255,806 times
Quote:
Romney didn't pay any taxes? Every time you write, it's full of false information. Literally anything you've ever written is wrong.
To be accurate, we don't really know what Romney paid in taxes. After much dithering, he released two years of tax returns (you are allowed to amend your returns for last 3 years). But, oddly, he refused to release anything further back, even though most presidential nominees release five or more years.

Old 04-11-2014, 04:00 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times
http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/defa...obama_2012.pdf

On this is shows a loss of a little over $16,000.

Keep schooling down everything is there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies