Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2014, 04:28 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,788,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
What 'sources' can you provide? I'd be happy to read them.

But please, don't waste my time with anything from some blog website or any other non-academic articles by non climate scientists.

It would need to be a paper published in a reputable science Journal for a start.
Wiat! I get it! You're using the old "I'm a fair and open minded person" ploy. Ok. I'll play one round...

You can start with the NON Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. I've mention them a couple of time elsewhere in this thread.

NIPCC

You can use THIS Link to click your way through to the several reports isswues, and from there identify the contributors and determine their bona fides.

You can also check out Dr Roy spencer of the University of Alabama HERE then check out his site and his offerings. I has also contributed to the NIPCC.

I wonder why it is that when your side digs up someone to represent our side of the argument they always find some hack like Rick Perry or Rush Limbaugh, and not those with the knowledge to intelligently debate your representatives?

Happy hunting. (As if you really will do any checking) ROFL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2014, 04:32 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
Wiat! I get it! You're using the old "I'm a fair and open minded person" ploy. Ok. I'll play one round...

You can start with the NON Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. I've mention them a couple of time elsewhere in this thread.

You can use THIS Link to click your way through to the several reports isswues, and from there identify the contributors and determine their bona fides.

You can also check out Dr Roy spencer of the University of Alabama HERE then check out his site and his offerings. I has also contributed to the NIPCC.

I wonder why it is that when your side digs up someone to represent our side of the argument they always find some hack like Rick Perry or Rush Limbaugh, and not those with the knowledge to intelligently debate your representatives?

Happy hunting. (As if you really will do any checking) ROFL
Again with the Roy Spencer? You'll have to do better thsn that.

Last week, chronically wrong Roy Spencer, darling of denialists, had his butt handed to him (again) when the editor of the journal where his latest brick of a paper was published resigned.
It’s important to note, Roy Spencer is MOST famous for being wrong – wrong in the the very areas that should be his area of greatest strength and expertise. Some readers may remember that the blaring headlines about “Science Proves Global warming wrong” have been fixtures of the denialist media for decades - and Roy Spencer has been one of the scientists perennially cited as finally “disproving alarmist global warming science”.
During the nineties, Spencer and his partner John Christy were the toast of denial-ville for their serial mis-reading and mis-calculating of satellite temperature readings – which they incorrectly claimed showed tropospheric cooling. After 10 years of stubbornly repeating and doubling down on a series of errors, they both finally admitted they had been in error

Bad Week for Roy “Wrong-Way” Spencer | Climate Denial Crock of the Week

Old 04-14-2014, 05:20 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,652,271 times
ExxonMobile and conservative billionaires (like the Koch brothers) pay groups to say "man made global warming is a hoax." They say this because if we combat global warming ExxonMobile and large corporations will loose money.

Steve Coll: How Exxon Shaped the Climate Debate | Climate of Doubt | FRONTLINE | PBS
Koch Industries: Secretly Funding the Climate Denial Machine | Greenpeace
Secret funding helped build vast network of climate denial thinktanks | Environment | The Guardian

Here's a list of 197 scientific organizations that hold the position that humans are causing global warming.
Office of Planning and Research - List of Organizations

Can you show me one respected scientific organization that holds the position humans are not causing global warming? (No you can not.)

And every country/government on this planet believes in man made global warming (except for US republicans.)
Can you show me one country that says man made global warming is a hoax? (No you can not.)

Do you honestly believe I am going to join your games to protect corporate profits, so we can risk this whole planet being devastated?

The EPA says man made global warming will increase the Earths average global temperature by 2°F to 11.5°F by 2100. And a 11.5 degree temperature increase will devastate our farmland and grazing pastures (but you could care less, because you only care about corporate profits.)

Future Climate Change | Climate Change | US EPA

Google search "Germany combating global warming solutions." Then try France, Russia, Mexico, Canada, China, Japan, ex.ex.

Every country on this planet believes in man made global warming.

I'm not even going to talk about your source, (but I could rip it to f.ing shreds, your source does not even examine the sources NASA used as references.)

The reason I'm not going to talk about your source, is because the whole world believes in man made global warming. This is not about science, its about a bunch of retarded Fox news/Rush radio corporate zombies telling everyone global warming is a hoax (so US corporations don't loose money.)

Last edited by chad3; 04-14-2014 at 06:30 PM..

Old 04-14-2014, 05:21 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,652,271 times
I could rip your above source to shreds. Do you think I'm lying?

Old 04-14-2014, 05:25 PM

781 posts, read 736,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
....and didn't bother to watch the video...
Of course I'm not going to bother watching; for the same reason I don't bother listening to Christians when they start to bloviate about their favorite bunch of superstitious nonsense....

Old 04-14-2014, 06:11 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailSymbolizes View Post
Of course I'm not going to bother watching; for the same reason I don't bother listening to Christians when they start to bloviate about their favorite bunch of superstitious nonsense....
Listening to that pales by comparison to this insanity:

How to save the planet: Moon mining, iron filings and fake volcanoes - Telegraph

Old 04-14-2014, 06:26 PM

3,026 posts, read 3,644,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
ExxonMobile and conservative billionaires (like the Koch brothers) pay groups to say "man made global warming is a hoax." They say this because if we combat global warming ExxonMobile and large corporations will loose money.
You conspiracy theorists always pull this card when you cannot argue based on facts. It's the same one that you pull when you attack the science of GMOs. Fallacy: Poisoning the Well

Old 04-14-2014, 06:42 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacierx View Post
The real irony here is that Climate Alarmists are actually the ones responsible for the backlash against the theory of AGW (or at least some of it). Because of their over the top alarmist predictions of doom and gloom, people are reacting by preferring to go out and buy an SUV to prepare for the climate apocalypse instead of supporting conservation like they would do if the Alarmsts were so prone to stretching the truth... http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/09/op...tics.html?_r=1
You have a valid point, but I think the problem is that deniers will continue to deny there is a problem until it directly effects them, and by then it will likely be too late to do anything about ...... All the gloom and doom scenarios are about the future.

From your link....There are serious long-term risks associated with rising greenhouse gas emissions, ranging from ocean acidification to sea-level rise to decreasing agricultural output.

Vetting your source....I can’t imagine why any serious journalist would cite the work of The Breakthrough Institute (TBI) — except to debunk it. As we’ll see once again, they constantly misstate and misrepresent what others say, and generally put out very bad analysis designed to push their anti-climate-action, anti-environmental agenda. In just the last few months, TBI, and its founders Michael Shellenberger and Ted Nordhaus have gone on a disinformation rampage with the help of the media: Memo to media: Don't be suckered by bad analyses from the Breakthrough Institute the way Time, WSJ, NPR, and The New Republic have been | ThinkProgress

Old 04-14-2014, 06:44 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,739,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post

Steve Coll: How Exxon Shaped the Climate Debate | Climate of Doubt | FRONTLINE | PBS
Koch Industries: Secretly Funding the Climate Denial Machine | Greenpeace
Secret funding helped build vast network of climate denial thinktanks | Environment | The Guardian

Here's a list of 197 scientific organizations that hold the position that humans are causing global warming.
Office of Planning and Research - List of Organizations

Can you show me one respected scientific organization that holds the position humans are not causing global warming? (No you can not.)

And every country/government on this planet believes in man made global warming (except for US republicans.)
Can you show me one country that says man made global warming is a hoax? (No you can not.)

Do you honestly believe I am going to join your games to protect corporate profits, so we can risk this whole planet being devastated?

The EPA says man made global warming will increase the Earths average global temperature by 2°F to 11.5°F by 2100. And a 11.5 degree temperature increase will devastate our farmland and grazing pastures (but you could care less, because you only care about corporate profits.)

Future Climate Change | Climate Change | US EPA

Google search "Germany combating global warming solutions." Then try France, Russia, Mexico, Canada, China, Japan, ex.ex.

Every country on this planet believes in man made global warming.

I'm not even going to talk about your source, (but I could rip it to f.ing shreds, your source does not even examine the sources NASA used as references.)

The reason I'm not going to talk about your source, is because the whole world believes in man made global warming. This is not about science, its about a bunch of retarded Fox news/Rush radio corporate zombies telling everyone global warming is a hoax (so US corporations don't loose money.)
And the Church of Climate Change does not have a influx of private funds and government grants that will go away have their hoax and its vast hysteria it has caused is bought down by facts and logic...

Old 04-14-2014, 06:47 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacierx View Post
You conspiracy theorists always pull this card when you cannot argue based on facts. It's the same one that you pull when you attack the science of GMOs. Fallacy: Poisoning the Well
This is no conspiracy theory, it is fact. "Dark Money" Funds Climate Change Denial Effort - Scientific American
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies