Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 09:45 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,790,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
What the hell are you talking about? I posted the first of a series of programs on climate change...Your choice, watch it and comment on it, or ignore it and do your own research....I have no idea why one cannot have an reasonable mature conversation about this subject without it turning into a bunch of childish name calling...What is the matter with you people?
As I posted earlier, I DID watch it. Actors reciting from scripts heavily influenced by the usual suspects.

You did NO research on the NON IPCC, I gather.

If you were to do your own independent research on the 5 leading causes of climate change (which means hotter then cooler then hotter etc) you might find them in this order:

radiant output of the sun
the tilt of the earth's axis towards or away from the sun
north polar precession
water vapor content in the atmosphere
methane

carbon dioxide is the least influential of the greenhouse gasses out there. water vapor is the most influential of the green house gasses out there.

PS we are headed into another ice age.

PPS why is it that we so called deniers are supposed to watch every video you people come up with, or read every report you people write, but you dont have to do the same vis a vis our arguments?

PPPS I called Rick Perry and Rush Limbaugh morons. What more do you want?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2014, 09:46 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
There are no "climate change deniers." That is an insult the liberal freaks created because they cannot be honest. Everyone on the planet comprehends that climate changes. By calling people "climate change deniers" they think they are being clever, but in reality they are demonstrating their own stupidity by pretending that people deny that the climate changes. Could one be any more delusional?

To answer your questions: Because they believe it will all go away by pretending we do not exist. Hence their rationale for "reducing our carbon footprint" and "carbon taxes."

If you have not noticed yet, this is not about a changing climate and what we can do to adapt, this is only about government control and the redistribution of wealth.
Lol! The irony is delicious.
Is that anything like you insulting people by calling them "freaks" and thinking you're being clever?

Old 04-13-2014, 09:54 PM

Quote:
I give up....Apparently you have no interest in an honest discussion....
Phhtttt..... look who's talking.

I have laid out my arguments. I even watched the video. Sorry but my research leads me to conclude what I conclude. I do not march in lockstep with my side. I argue on fact. Do you?

If so, then enlighten us all with how your views on global warming match the weather patterns starting in, say, 1250 AD or so through today. Then put that into the greater context of the climate changes of the past 13,000 years in the context of the polar precession cycle.

The earth and the sun are far greater than anythinb we puny humans might imagine. Yet some think we can change it in any direction with our own puny activities. Amazing.

Old 04-13-2014, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Fail reading in grammar school? "Using temperature data collected from 1500 onward, Lovejoy crunched the numbers,"
More insults from the liberal left. Big surprise.

Not that I have time to read every fricking so called "research" the AGW crowd floods us with, so I will have to depend upon you to defend you reliance on Temperature data collected from 1500 onward".

Temps from where? How collected? How proven? Why not 2000 years? Or 20,000 years? Or two million years?

Does this so called report consider the context of tilt of the earth's axis, polar precession, and greenhouse gasses OTHER than CO2?

You tell me, because as I have stated, I dont have the time to read all tripe tripe your side publishes. And you folks make no effort whatsoever to educate yourselves on the point that folks like me make.

PS "climatology" is a pseudo science.It can prove nothing one way or the other using the scientific method, and has been so wrong regarding hurricanes the past decade now and has no reliable statistics re the so called "extreme" weather that they blame on "global warming" which they now misleadingly call "climate change".

Old 04-13-2014, 10:11 PM

I no longer read the propaganda that the AGW crowd incessantly posts. Not until you folks start having honest dialogue wit the opposition.

PS why are folks like me REQUIRED to read your sources, but dont have to read ours?

PPS better stock up on warm clothing cuz the next ice age is one its way. Dont come whining at me when them ice sheets show up at your doorstep

Old 04-13-2014, 10:23 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,653,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownblues View Post
Yay, another fake documentary! About time! Nobel Prize!
The CEO's who run Fox news and Rush radio say "global warming is a hoax." They say this because if we combat global warming large corporations will loose money.

Meet The Climate Denial Machine | Blog | Media Matters for America

97% of all climate scientists say man made global warming is happening.
Climate Change: Consensus

And 99.99% of the climate science (community) believes man made global warming is happening.
About that consensus on global warming: 9136 agree, 1 disagrees. | The Curious Wavefunction, Scientific American Blog Network

Old 04-13-2014, 10:27 PM

[quote=odanny;34354785]There is no debate as to whether the use of carbon based pollutants are raising the earth's temperature, anyone who is not scientifically illiterate already knows this and there is no "debate" about basic science. The denialists who preach against science are a very strange assortment of kooks and nuts who have no education in science or in studying the earth's climate. Those who listen to the Limbaugh's and Beck's are clearly not very bright to begin with.

This nut bag has no scientific background whatsoever yet flies around the world preaching against science. And the sheep listen to this carnival barker. I don't know if anyone in England takes him seriously but I'm guessing you have to be as dumb as many Americans are to listen to him without convulsing into uncontrollable laughter. [\QUOTE]

So all your guys are tremendous scientists, thinkers, and researchers, but This Guy doesnt know what he is talking about.... I get it. We all have to march in lockstep to the prevailing liberal claims, and there can be no honest debate. Science should serve the liberal agenda, not seek truth.

A little history lesson for you liberals. It was you who said we should all heat our homes with wood stoves, so that we wouldn't have to build more electricity producing infrastructure, including CO2 free nukes.Not to mention the air pollution caused by wood burning. It is you folks who drove the anti paper bag movement, forcing retail outlets to use plastic to "save" the tree (and now you want us to ban plastic bags to "save" the environment because plastic is a product of oil) Now you want to dismantle the American economy with your carbon credits, anti oil, and all this global warming nonsense. You have been wrong so many times. Yet here you are again. And folks like me should believe your Chicken Little warnings on only your say so?

Old 04-13-2014, 10:41 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Quote:

So all your guys are tremendous scientists, thinkers, and researchers, but This Guy
doesnt know what he is talking about.... I get it. We all have to march in
lockstep to the prevailing liberal claims, and there can be no honest debate.
Science should serve the liberal agenda, not seek truth.
Here you go!
It bears repeating that Spencer committed one of the most egregious blunders in the history of remote sensing — committing multiple errors in analyzing the satellite data and creating one of the enduring denier myths, that the satellite data didn’t show the global warming that the surface temperature data did.
Climate Scientists Debunk Latest Bunk by Denier Roy Spencer | ThinkProgress

I'll see your Roy Spencer and raise you a...Stephen Hawking.

Old 04-13-2014, 10:45 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
More insults from the liberal left. Big surprise.

Not that I have time to read every fricking so called "research" the AGW crowd floods us with, so I will have to depend upon you to defend you reliance on Temperature data collected from 1500 onward".

Temps from where? How collected? How proven? Why not 2000 years? Or 20,000 years? Or two million years?

Does this so called report consider the context of tilt of the earth's axis, polar precession, and greenhouse gasses OTHER than CO2?

You tell me, because as I have stated, I dont have the time to read all tripe tripe your side publishes. And you folks make no effort whatsoever to educate yourselves on the point that folks like me make.

PS "climatology" is a pseudo science.It can prove nothing one way or the other using the scientific method, and has been so wrong regarding hurricanes the past decade now and has no reliable statistics re the so called "extreme" weather that they blame on "global warming" which they now misleadingly call "climate change".
It is glaringly obvious that you read nothing that opposes your opinion if you think the causes of today's warming is attributable to natural causes. They are not present at this time...Note this comment is for the benefit of open minded readers, as you my friend, are a waste of my time.

Last edited by sanspeur; 04-13-2014 at 10:56 PM..

Old 04-14-2014, 01:48 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,653,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
because the truth is that nature rules over everything, and that our current round of climate change is in fact natural, and has been for 4.5 billion years.

yeah it is amazing that the alarmists bring out the celebrities isnt it? anything they can do to try and lend credence to their lies.

oh how cute, they used a picture of a polar bear on an ice flow. i also note that they only went back 100 years for this study, are they afraid of what they may find if they go back further, like 10,000 years? or 2 million years?
You said climate change is natural and it has been going on for 4.5 billion years.

But where did you get that 4.5 billion year figure from?
That 4.5 billion year figure you are talking about came from human scientific discovery.

But if science is wrong about the "greenhouse effect", and science is wrong about human released CO2 and methane causing global warming, then shouldn't science also be wrong about that 4.5 billion year figure?

Its strange how you trust scientists observations about the Earths weather 4.5 billion years ago, and yet you say the scientific belief of man made global warming is a hoax.

Can you please tell me what other current scientific beliefs besides man made global are a hoax?

Or is man made global warming the only lie scientists are currently telling us?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies