U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-12-2014, 01:18 PM

3,407 posts, read 3,817,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
If you all do a little research, you will find Harry Reid is behind all of this.
It figures Harry Reid would be mixed up in this.

Old 04-12-2014, 01:19 PM

11,005 posts, read 10,048,797 times
I'm still failing to see the "win" here. The government has removed most of or all of the cattle, which was their goal .

Old 04-12-2014, 01:19 PM

17,582 posts, read 7,256,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Of Four View Post
U.S. Officials End Tense Standoff Between Nevada Rancher, Federal Government | TheBlaze.com

YAY! We can make a difference when we outnumber the cowards!
About freaking time! Our government seems to be making it's mission one of creating and engaging in tyranny at every opportunity.

We need to review all of these three letter federal executive branch agencies, and then severely curtail their power and authority. Oh, and not one freaking one of them should ever have the authority to write their own regulations.

Old 04-12-2014, 01:20 PM

17,582 posts, read 7,256,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I'm still failing to see the "win" here. The government has removed most of or all of the cattle, which was their goal .
I'd like to know what crime these cattle committed.

Old 04-12-2014, 01:20 PM

241 posts, read 51,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
They wanted to avoid another Federal massacre of citizens.
Exactly ALSO I think they realized with THOUSANDS of armed supporters backing Bundy they weren't going to win this battle. This gives me hope!

https://www.facebook.com/bundyranch

Support The Bundy's!

Old 04-12-2014, 01:21 PM

4,134 posts, read 3,264,403 times
Freedom? Freedom to do what? Graze your cattle on land that doesn't belong to you?

Holy crap. And I thought conservatives were insane before.

Old 04-12-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Of Four View Post
Exactly ALSO I think they realized with THOUSANDS of armed supporters backing Bundy they weren't going to win this battle. This gives me hope!

https://www.facebook.com/bundyranch

Support The Bundy's!
I'm going to come to your house and start grazing my goats on your lawn. Because "I have the right" to do whatever I want on land that isn't mine. Apparently.

Old 04-12-2014, 01:22 PM

23,607 posts, read 6,528,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
How did he win? The government--as far as I can see--has accomplished it's mission.
Nevada Cattle Rancher Wins 'Range War' With Feds

Nevada Cattle Rancher Wins 'Range War' With Federal Government - ABC News

I can see more and more small ranchers/farmers now taking on the crazed authoritarians in the government after this also.

No more harassing farmers for selling fresh milk to the neighbors.

Old 04-12-2014, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
You can't discuss this topic without including the potential Senator Harry Reid connections. First connection is the head of the BLM use to work under the Nevada Senator before his current position. Second is the deals the Nevada Senator made for Chinese investors for a solar plant.

The next thing to consider is the family owned the land since the 1800s and had already paid a public land use fee. This was when it was state land. This rancher is the only one left in the area, the others forced out one way or another, possibly through federal government activities.

Even if you agree that the government is right in requiring land use fees and restricting his cows, that still does not justify a massive military police style operation and mass slaughter of this rancher's property (cattle) without fair market value compensation for the cattle the US Government slaughtered.

Besides the anti-federal government types, I wonder where are the PETA and other animal rights groups or do they not care since this is a Democratic Party operation conducted under the umbrella of environmentalism?

As for myself, I support the rancher over the federal government and if you want to know why, look up Kelo. Government evicted people from their homes for private development that never happened. The US Supreme Court and other courts before them issued the wrong decision and now that land is bare where once family homes stood.
The federal government has been trying to get him to pay the fees or remove his cows for 20 years. Do you think blatantly ignoring the law for two decades gives Bundy the right to do as he pleases without action by the government?

Old 04-12-2014, 01:24 PM

515 posts, read 260,765 times
What about the Native Americans who were there before this cattle rancher? Maybe he'll move away with his non-native cattle, end his own tyranny, and let the Indians claim their original land back?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies