Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2014, 12:02 PM

154 posts, read 256,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
How did he win? The government--as far as I can see--has accomplished it's mission.
They haven't accomplished their mission until Harry Reid has his tax payer funded solar panels on that land.

Old 04-12-2014, 12:03 PM

25,305 posts, read 18,463,692 times
Damn, this just isn't working. I see why the other thread was closed now.

Let's see if I can put the question in context of something that may provoke thought out of you liberal types.

Here is a hypothetical for you:

Picture the video of the protesters out in the middle of the deserts taking place in downtown San Francisco. Let's say I'm a minority, lesbian woman. Let's say I'm protesting that a law was passed that prohibits me from having a relationship (or say marriage) with my partner. Let's say I gather a bunch of my friends and stand outside a government building and start protesting--yelling, sneering, waving arms, brandishing signs... just the typical thing protesters do. Perhaps I get a bit big-mouthed and emotional as protesters often do. Now lets say federal troops come in, brutalize me and my group--they taze me, turn the dogs on me, strike me, and then have a judo match with me. They run a friend over. Let the dogs nip a few more. Push us around. They generally have an air of intimidation. (Or if you don't like the lesbian relationship protest thing, let's say that I'm protesting for global warming AND I'm a lesbian)

Okay folks... now we are on your turf. I'm one of you!!! Was I treated appropriately by the federal agents or not?

And don't tell me that would be different. Because it is not. It shouldn't matter what we are protesting and whether you agree with it or not. It's not about you. It's about whether we have rights to do this kind of thing in general without getting our skulls bashed in or not.

Yeah or nay? And why?

Old 04-12-2014, 12:10 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,376,973 times
BREAKING:

Bundy and the militia are on their way as we speak to get the cattle that was stolen back. Peacefully or violently.
Many on horseback(Texas Minuteman Project) converging on the hills to rid any sniper fire.

Old 04-12-2014, 12:12 PM

241 posts, read 171,528 times
Default Feds give up! FREEDOM WINS!

U.S. Officials End Tense Standoff Between Nevada Rancher, Federal Government | TheBlaze.com

YAY! We can make a difference when we outnumber the cowards!

Old 04-12-2014, 12:13 PM

14,561 posts, read 22,978,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
BREAKING:

Bundy and the militia are on their way as we speak to get the cattle that was stolen back. Peacefully or violently.
Many on horseback(Texas Minuteman Project) converging on the hills to rid any sniper fire.
LOL

if true, a bunch of militia whack jobs are about to die.

3,951 posts, read 7,169,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
It is a state/fed issue where as the land should be governed by the state, not fed in that Nevada is sovereign and the land is public for use by its citizens. That is what the fight is all about.
Correct. Bravo to Bundy too! He's no different from Rosa Parks as far as I'm concerned.

The comments are correct. I don't think the feds have completely given up but they threw in the towel on this and will regroup! This is great news for freedom loving folks everywhere! When enough of us stand up to tyranny,tyranny backs down!

Old 04-12-2014, 12:14 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,183,047 times
They wanted to avoid another Federal massacre of citizens.

Old 04-12-2014, 12:14 PM

Nevada Cattle Rancher Wins 'Range War' With Federal Government - ABC News

Old 04-12-2014, 12:17 PM

25,305 posts, read 18,463,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
BREAKING:

And see, this is exactly what should NOT be happening. It's the best way to sabotage a cause.

The few that want to make everything into a military action ruin it for the rest who want to do things rationally and within their rights (like the protest video people). Armed uprisings should be reserved for only the gravest and most fatalistic circumstances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies